What do you think of Ozu?

What do you think of Ozu?

Damn, this looks like a frame from a Kurosawa film

Closet homosexual who lived in his mother basement 60 years.

Literally He's one of us.

I think his films are very emotional. The man himself seems like an interesting figure.

I've seen Late Spring and Tokyo Story and didn't like either of them. Should I even bother with anything else he's done?

He saw the world in a very cinematic aspect ratio

Meme director. Well liked because he made films about death in a very general and accessible way. Meanwhile he's dull and toothless as fuck and if you like him you've probably got your blood replaced with estrogen.

Atleast Kurosawa knows he's a plebtier genre pulp clown, Ozu is just a fucking hippy who thinks his onenote shallow imaginations about "oh man life dude" equate to something of substance. He's like a retard Kiarostami with the most boring visual style of all time.

Silent Ozu is very interesting. But might be difficult to watch for some.

>Meme director
>plebtier genre pulp clown
What the hell does this even mean?

>being this pleb

who are some good non-meme directors then

Childhood is idolizing Kurosawa
Teenhood is idolizing Ozu
Adulthood is realizing that Teshigahara makes more sense than both

only a contrarian actually thinks teshigahara is better than ozu. You could've at least said mizoguchi

Zack snyder and denis villenueve

Kiarostami only every looked up to Ozu

Franz Kafka

Imagine being this sad and lonely

>mfw the last shot of an autumn afternoon

Ozu's failure as an artist is a reflection of the Japanese people as a collective lacking empathy and conception of the numinous. His films lack 'that spark of emotive connection' because his people lack the internal awareness and emotional volatility that permit European art to communicate on a more profound and abstract level, just as they lack the ability to relativise their experience of reality. The results – as women are incapable of making art about anything other than their vaginas, so too are the Japs incapable of making art about anything other than being Japs.

Wtf are you on. Tokyo Story's humanistic message is universal

H.P. Lynchian

>T.Kim

It's a pretty basic and banal message

This is my favorite shitpost of all time

Tfw I was baited to reply to stupid pasta