/trek/-DS9 Edition

Avery Brooks did not play his character well often, but when he did it was very good, on par with Stewart

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/qh3fPmBt
youtube.com/watch?v=wvbwvnpF8kw&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=a49K-uzKMZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EOm1dKSOq1g
youtu.be/tmdrhfA0-Fw
youtube.com/watch?v=FMnslx1J4JA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I'M BLACK
>MY SON IS BLACK
>GET IT?
Trek never did religion well, the Prophets are really bizarre and the whole storyline was contrived.

Fail for posting this at the end of a thread.

Link to Trek ebooks and stuff that I'm collecting: pastebin.com/qh3fPmBt

shut up Satan the Prophets are real, and they were ancient bajorans

I wanna give Kira a rimjob

>666
begone pah-wraith

BRRAAAAAP
hmmm a hint of raktijino and junja fruit

Kira, tell me about your asshole

true kino is giving Troi or like 2/3 of the women from TOS a rimjob

How do the warp factors work? Is it like cx10^x, or is it c^x?

it's logarithmic

arbitrary and inconsistent

That was supposed to represent a graph curve. The spaces weren't counted.

So it's using C as the base?

Remember when Dukat was a cardshark in San Francisco

no, C^2 is the base

Sisko caca

Dude, WHO is this actress?

I forget her name but I remember she played keyboard for Sparks and other bands in the 90s

She looks like EVE from Mass Effect 3.

Just watched the episode where the quark goes back intime and becomes Roswell

They make a big deal about the universal translator in this episode

how can odo have a universal translator when he turns to goop?

Odo probably keeps his comm badge inside himself when he transforms and/or goes liquid.

So hawt

I love it when a plan comes together.
youtube.com/watch?v=wvbwvnpF8kw&t=3s

What did he mean by this?

BIG LOBES

Tribbles are so CUTE! don't you LIKE them, user? Don't you LIKE them? It's the BEST episode of STAR TREK! The DS9 crew going back to Starbase K-7 was the BEST plot on DS9!

>On a warm summer's evening
>on a train bound for nowhere
>I met up with a gambler
>We were both too tired to sleep.

>thicc

I miss Bashirfag

They had no idea how to handle the profit storyline frankly, it was easily the weakest aspect of the show aside from a few good episodes like the Keiko possessed one. And they absolutely ruined Dukat's character with it.

But on merit of a psychological thriller and cultural/societal criticism, Far Beyond the Stars is excellent.

Come on, a black sci-fi writer? Those Jews were really pushing the limit here. It's sort of hard to believe.

y tho

all tripfags must die

You're not fooling anyone.

. .
. .
. .
. .
. .

There was literally nothing wrong with this episode except for the virtue-signalling kike writer.

Is this what you're going for? As x increases, y levels off? I guess the x asymptote would be Warp 10, where if you cross it you turn into a catfish iguana?

There's actually been a few of them, although they tend to revolve their stories around futuristic african countries, WE WUZ etc.

>mfw literally not reading a series by a writer I like because the main characters are Africans from a future African hegemonic power
Should I bite the bullet?

>although they tend to revolve their stories around futuristic african countries
What's wrong with this? It's science fiction, why shouldn't they envision a better future for their home nations?

No don't interpret me wrong there isn't, I was just pointing out that it generally tends to be one flavor.

If they're a good writer and you enjoy them, then why not?

the writer is white . .

And...?

it's future appropriation!

He means you're invited to hang out with him when he goes to holodeck4

It was fun. Why are you acting like dumb normie girls watch star trek and talk to you about it?

Personally I think the whole "futuristic African society" is an untapped resource

TTwT is probably the most overrated piece of 60's culture, that's all I'm saying. And the DS9 ep with tribbles is just a callback with lots of wooden acting.

Is it though? There's only so many amalgamations that you can produce about an underdeveloped country turning into a futuristic empire. Maybe it's a matter of personal taste, but "futuristic societies for the sake of futuristic societies" never sat well with me in reading. A futuristic setting should be just the backdrop, not the main ensemble.

>profit

oy vey goyim, you know what I meant

I bet you hate BR2049

It's only so highly rated because it stands out against so much shit. As for the wooden acting? It's still Star Trek after all.

youtube.com/watch?v=a49K-uzKMZQ

It was in the B5 elevator pitch so they threw it in anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=EOm1dKSOq1g

Haven't seen it. But isn't there more to the story than just the futuristic setting? As in, there's a dilemma about ethical treatment of persons and whatnot or something of that kind of moral caliber.

To me it's more focusing on the society itself, and the direction it will or could possibly take. I grew up learning about European and American history, so maybe it's just the novelty of a different culture.

i know

If only Patrick Stewart were in the tribble episode isntead of Terry "what's my line?" Farrell

>Tribbles...do you know? I...love...you. I...DO.......LOVE...YOU!

I liked Avery Brooks in American History X

SUCH.... tenderness

I want to feel...I want to feel...everything!

Sometimes I wonder how the fuck Stewart got onto TNG. A classic theater actor decides to take a role as captain on a Star Trek series. His skill set puts everyone else to shame. I know he had to look around at his comrades and roll his eyes at their inferior talent. Chain of Command puts everyone else to shame.

I'm glad he embraced the role though, and that it changed his life so drastically.

youtu.be/tmdrhfA0-Fw

Are there any Star Trek tributes as good as this one?

Star Trek was literally perfect for stage actors. Any and all stage actors that were in Trek were fabulous

The trial never ends, /trek/.

Tried to find a terrible tribute, but stumbled upon something weird instead
youtube.com/watch?v=FMnslx1J4JA

The universal translator is goop too

Why is this episode so goddamn comfy?

When I went to my first convention they brought up a retarded guy to say that TTWT is his favorite episode. Make of that what you will.

>In the end he was sealed with an ancient curse

im sure they mean stuck in an inverted-quantum stasis field with a quadruple dilithium energy matrix as the power source

When Odo becomes a humanoid he's actually becoming a humanoid with a universal translator in his head. That or he becomes a humanoid who can speak every known language

Kira should have been the main character. Make her a Starfleet Captain or Commander. She would have been an awesome Captain. When he was being a military leader, Sisko was great, but he was boring with about everything else. Should have made him an Admiral and made him like "The Boss" arch type character.

what would morn's hair look like if he hadn't been carrying 1000 bricks worth of latinum in his second stomach for years?