Will you ever get use to not calling him Captain Marvel?

Will you ever get use to not calling him Captain Marvel?

Already have m8

Billy Batson will always be the superior Captain Marvel. Now more then ever since Marvel ruined her.

No. He'll always be THE Captain Marvel in my book

>Marvel ruined her
Not really. She was never great to start with.

Even the professionals can't. I remember pre-Rebirth someone accidentally put Captain Marvel in a script and it didn't get fixed before publishing.

He's been associated with the Shazam title since 1973. So it's not like it's a recent development. That said, he'll always be the real Captain Marvel.

Only because Shazam being both his name and his catchphrase is fucking dumb

If they wanted to keep the transformation gimmick all they had to do was change the magic word

This is what happens when your writers are Pokemon fanboys

I hate calling Billy Shazam, and then calling rest of the Marvel Family by their proper name.

Is it going to be Mary Shazam and Captain Shazam Jr. in the future? Those are awful names.

I still call him Captain Marvel. He's the only person deserving of the title.

That said, in changing his name, Captain Thunder would have been better than Shazam.

Look at the best Captain Marvel.

He was a Skrull

I'll never not call him captain marvel.
Further I will always be confused when anyone calls him shazam.

why wouldn't i call captain marvel captain marvel?

Nothing but filthy Accuser propaganda.

Here you go.

He'll always be Captain Marvel to me. Always.

The Whiz stuff was top notch. Like, it's no wonder Billy was a top seller at the time.

Kek, I should read the Whiz stuff

I still call him Captain Marvel.

I will never not call him Captain Marvel.

the real question is when will they bring back his sidekick Steamboat

Yaas Queen! #SLAY

YAAS QUEEN

Its kinda retarded to call him Shazam, what was the problem with calling him Capt. Marvel?

Pleb

Can't use his name on the Title and other difficulties.

Trademark disputes with Marvel that have lasted decades. Billy's books have been titled "Shazam!" for a long time and casuals assumed that was his name anyway, so when New 52 happened, DC decided to just make it his name to end all the confusion and conflict.

That sucks.

Still makes no sense what if someone asks him what his name was and he'll say "shazam" and do the transformation. Call him Captain Shazam atleast just Shazam makes me think hes the wizard.

Reminder that it's DC's fault for sacking Fawcett and allowing Marvel to claim the trademark.

The way it works was changed so that he has to consciously will the transformation when he speaks the word instead of it happening whenever he said it regardless.

It's not like Pre-Nu52 Captain Marvel Jr., who had to change his name to CM3 because "Captain Marvel" was his transformation phrase and he couldn't actually identify himself without transforming.

I noticed in that new Justice Leauge cartoon, they just called him Billy.

>all they had to do was change the magic word

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-!

>The way it works was changed so that he has to consciously will the transformation when he speaks the word instead of it happening whenever he said it regardless.
Well that's lame, always liked how they get tricked on saying the words of power.

They call him Capt Marvel iirc.

It's really unfortunate and sad.

I already thought his name was Shazam before I got into comics so it's no big deal

When did the trademark thing happen? iirc Johns Jsa run, they still called him Capt. Marvel. Always like the name since he's supposed to be a Marvel/Worlds mightiest mortal

or you know just call him captain thunder

DC can still call Billy Captain Marvel, they just can't advertise him as such because Marvel has owned the trademark since the 60s. That means no comics and no merch can be called Captain Marvel. Eventually DC just decided calling him Shazam would be easier.

I don't get the fuss really. He's still Caltain Marvel in the Fawcett comics, and older DC comics, and the newer version is practically a different character anyway.

Most of the newer comics (post-Crisis) really haven't captured Billy and Crew for me.

Eh they made him more of a street urchin rather than a big heart naive kid. Stargirl/Billy when

Pretty sure he's still Captain Marvel on Earth-5 as well

I loved the bit in Thunderworld where Jr. pulls the same trick on one of the Sivanas

So what part of that was the magic word?

Or name him Captain Thunder, it was the prototype name for the character before C.C. Beck settled for Marvel.

For real though, Shazam is a stupid name for the hero. It was fine when it was the wizard, but come on. Billy isn't a 'Shazam'. I feel like 'Super Dude' would be a better name than Shazam for him.

Steamboat got his priorities right