BHD

>tfw there will never be a better war film
>no political slant
>no humanising the enemy
>no females (literally only one line in the film by a female "hello hello")
>90% of the movie is pure fighting

GOAT war film.

I want to see a WW2 movie directed by Ridley Scott.

You could sort of argue that Dunkirk hit all those marks you posted.

That being said, it's not even close to being as good as BHD. Last decent war movie was Fury, and that was a pretty shitty one.

No you dont, the fucker's senile now

It's amazing what a total cluster of a fuck up Somalia is.

Now the warlords are "gone", it's now facing Islamic extremism wanting to takeover.

Somalians should be better than this.

come now, what's so bad about fury

Dunkirk had too many female lines. Lawrence of Arabia is the best purely because of its utter lack of women.

>Somalians should be better than this.
what makes you think that

>Somalians should be better than this.
How do you possibly still have faith in the moral and intellectual competency of sub-Saharan Africans?

>no political slant
>no humanising the enemy
pick one retard

(you)

>t. illiterate

So unless the Somali savages fucked on khat are shown to be nice civilised humans it has a political slant? No it's a war film based on the book by Mark Bowden of the same name, told unapologetically from the side of the US soldiers, just as all war films should be.

babbling retard

Frothing at the mouth soyboy.

>what the hell these war films should tell the story from both sides
>I don't care if we are of one side I want to see the ordinary humanity of the poor Somalis

wew at you

>t. illiterate
go back to your containment board cucky

>t. low test

Go back to your containment website ledditor.

The historical innacuracy. Mainly the "muh Shermans were useless against German armor" meme. Advancements of the Sherman kept pace with the Germans throughout the war. Yes, German heavy tanks obviously had the advantage in a straight up slug out since the Sherman was a medium tank. But Germans couldn't make nearly enough of them, and once you factor in the rates of Shermans that were restored to working order days after being disabled or knocked out, the Germans actually took heavier losses with their tanks overall.

The real problem for Shermans was not German armor, but German anti-tank guns, which are also portrayed innacurrately in the film. When the tank platoon is driving straight fucking towards them across the field, somehow the tanks (which are a stationary target for the anti tank guns but themselves are actually moving, which would their fire very innacurate), somehow the tanks are more accurate than the AT guns, which is complete bullshit.

>t. illiterate Sup Forumsnigger
try reading a book for once in your life

Only thing bad about it is in one of the overhead observation shots of the helicopters flying around in black and white (they also used some of the original authentic footage taken that day) shows Hueys buzzing around.

They nearly had to use Hueys because they couldn't get hold of UH64s.

Have you read Black Hawk Down?

>calls people nigger
>g-g-go back to Sup Forums

Bed time you have school tomorrow.

>Have you read Black Hawk Down?
yes. unlike you

Clearly you haven't if you are complaining about BLACK HAWK DOWN the film being like the book.

the movie isn't like the book you fucking cretin

It's exactly like the book, do you honestly expect a 2 hour film to fit in everything in the book?

>It's exactly like the book
>t. person who's never read the book
just stop

Leave

I have a well thumbed copy 6 feet away from me.

Sorry that you have been so triggered by a good film, you are the reason that war films are so shit nowadays, congratulations.

That was my company. AMA.

t. oldfag who shitposts on Sup Forums with his son

then you'd know that the book goes into detail about somalia's clan system at the time and the fact that the u.s. was trying to manipulate the country's political situation in its interests. unlike the film, which portrays the entire event as a noble humanitarian mission gone wrong

you think a film supervised and approved by the dod is accurate and faithful to reality? stop embarrassing yourself

Are you the kiddyfucker they left out?

Nope. That was Stebbins. He was a P.O.S. in the company they stuck in the training room to do paperwork. Never knew about his kiddie diddling, though it didn't surprise me when I heard about it.

It's not that good. Hollywooded version of events with no substance.

did you meet any delta guys?

in one of the docos about the film there was stuff they couldn't put in because they didnt think audiences would find it believable , for example one of those tiny helicopters hovering in a side street with the pilot leaning out SMG in hand spraying niggers while soldiers jump on board.

That's pretty cool if true, did you get to see the tire burning stockpiles in person? It's something that's so surreal to me I couldn't imagine what that would feel like aboard a helicopter riding into a city on full alert knowing you'll be fighting for your life in minutes. It's the type of thing I get goosebumps thinking about

A lot of D-boys are ex-bat boys. SSG Daniel D. Busch was a former team and squad leader in our 1st platoon before moving on to delta. He was a genuine good dude from Wisconsin. He was KIA as a result of a GSW to the torso below his armor.
I ETS'd before the Gothic Serpent deployment, but pretty much knew every dude that was an E4 or above, including "Big E" Matt Eversman, Michael "T.A." Kurth (the black dude), and most everyone else in mentioned in the book and film.

The book goes into detail about the background the film does not have time for that, what you don't understand is that the film is about the battle of Moghadishu itself within a very small time span besides that.

>(((US soldiers)))

why the fuck do I want to see a movie from the perspective of some jewish israeli shilldogs on welfare?

the film intentionally disregards the factual context because the dod wouldn't have gotten involved with the film otherwise. the film is dishonest, period

>the factual context
..is that dumb ass westerners did NOT respect the fact that their charity would be stolen, by force, by shitbags and used to fund the very people that caused the need for western charity.

Stupid fucking westerners, aka WHITES, just don't understand the cutthroat nature of 3rd world shitskins, or even white eastern Euro's.

yes, we know you haven't read the book. we get it. you can go back to your containment board now

>the film is dishonest, period

What did it lie about?

Whatever, little faggot. There was never any need to bring in SOF, as they had all the muscle they needed with the conventional forces they had in theater. Bush, and later Clinton, were just giant pussies unwilling to do the nigger killing required to unfuck that piece of shit nation.

>the u.s. was trying to manipulate the country's political situation in its interests. unlike the film, which portrays the entire event as a noble humanitarian mission gone wrong
wow thanks for the input Sup Forums. i'm redpilled now!

NP /reddit/.

a lot of things, like how incompetent the americans communications were which is what caused the situation in the first place

So it didn't lie. It just didn't tell the part of the story you wanted it to. What were the political reasons again?

When did it lie about that?

>what is lying by omission
brainlet detected
>What were the political reasons again?
to avoid portraying the facts of the event, which would have cast the u.s. in a negative light

They literally explicitly mention the fucked up chain of information and how this caused the convoy to not be able to get to the crash site and caused them to just drive around getting shot to pieces because they weren't getting the directions fast enough. Eversman is also unable to communicate with Captain Steele due to interference when Blackburn falls.

>claims Americans got into Somalia in the first place for political reasons
>says the reasons are to cover up what they did in Somalia

Are you a fucking idiot?

What communications? It makes perfectly clear that they should've informed the UN there is the scene where the Pakistani says they should have told him, it also criticises the lack of heavy firepower given by Washington.

are you retarded?

Oh shit, did you jump into panama?
Also, recent infantry ETS here, can confirm pedos and weird fucks go to the training rooms.

>did you jump into panama?
Rio Hato.
>weird fucks go to the training room
They got the boot in my company.

Holy shit. Holy shit. I am actually going to have to spell this out for you, aren't I?

Okay, imagine that you catch a robber who was robbing a store at night. You ask him why he broke in.

"To try to remove the evidence of my crime."

>what crime? You hit this store before?

"No. The crime you just arrested me for."

>so you broke into a store to remove the traces of the crime...of you breaking into the store.

"Yes."

>You're a fucking idiot.

You're a fucking idiot.

Hogans Heroes is still the best war related piece of entertainment around.

oh you are retarded. never mind

batt has that luxury, big army takes so long to boot out the perpetually "injured" that dont want to be there anymore.

That's true. However, it's largely due to the cancerous culture that exists in the conventional force that focuses more on garrison bullshit than combat.

You're not even going to try to defend your bullshit? Yet you'll still try to save face with generic insults. Nice.

>populace is kept ignorant and poor
>know only violence, tribalism, and dictators their entire lives
>remove warlords
>be shocked when the populace find new ones

"I am many things Kal-El, but here, I am a god"

>tfw Garrison took full responsibility for the outcome of the raid
>tfw he retired the day after Aidid got himself killed

you pretty much described the entire history of Poland except the last part is
>become 6th largest economy in Europe

There are some subsaharan african states that SHOULD have huge economies but don't, mostly because all the money and vast resources vanish into the pockets of those leading them

Damn I guess I fell for the "Shermans are useless against German armor" meme my whole life.
Thanks for the info, user!

One of the plebbest opinions I've ever seen on this board. Up there with "Brick is the best noir" and "Assassination of Jesse James" is best western.

All it takes to please you idiots is be above average and be recently made. Fuck off pleb.

Sup I had a CSM in 1SFG(A) that was there too. Do you know of him?

Do tell us what your favourite war film is then so we can all laugh at your pretenciousness.

Fury is set in mid '45, at the absolute end of the war. Germany was conscripting every single person capable of holding a rifle. Did you forget the scene with the kids in uniform? The AT gun crews were probably firing the first (and last) live rounds of their entire military careers.

>Now the warlords are "gone", it's now facing Islamic extremism
it was already a muslim shithole

the entire finale was bullshit as well
>company of what we have to assume are experienced Germans with numerous Panzerfausts approaches a seemingly knocked out Sherman
>whole unit stays in the middle of the road whilst a few guys go check it out
>open a hatch, german gets shot
>sherman crew opens fire with the tanks weaponry
>germans keep advancing down the road towards the sherman
>everyone opens up on the Sherman
>all the panzerfausts have dissipated
>experienced troops decide that a sherman will magically die when you shoot enough 7.92 into it
>only one crew member get taken out by a panzerfaust
>the sherman is taken out because brad pitt accidentaly drops his grenade inside of it
>the young kid survives by crawling out of the escape hatch
>gets spotted by german soldier
>he doesnt tell his comrades that one of the men who slaughtered probably over half his company is still alive
>germans leave

i'll admit that i found Fury highly entertaining and exciting, but my god the hollywood factor is not much lower than Enemy at the Gates
and that fucking scene where a whole band of US GI's gleefully watches as a youngster is forced to execute a POW
i get that they wanted to show 'the horrors of war' or 'war brings out the worst in men' but that scene was off the charts bullshit

whist this is true, you cannot deny that shermans on the move hitting a camouflaged gun is dubious to say the least,
and even more so when one considers that the tanks were quite literally at point blank range for the AT gun

This, Bin Laden is even linked to the battle, having to do with training them how to shoot down the helicopters.

13 hours was good

Fuck off

13 hours is the best war/army movie of our generation

>hollywood factor is not much lower than Enemy at the Gates
I bet you thought the love story was made up

Maybe GOAT if you're a drug addled ADHD child who masturbates furiously over non stop MUHGUNSMUHACTIONPEWPEW scenes. This movie is shit and comes off the back of other shit desert war movies of that time like the celluloid abortion that was Three Kings.

Fucking Muttmericans.

what movies do you like? top 5

Yeah, I get that they wanted to show that there was just as much brutality in wars like WWII as in more modern wars (we just didn't hear about it back then and they're weren't cameras and reporters everywhere), but they definitely did go overboard.

And yeah, the whole finale is just an insult to the audience's intelligence. Like the whole movie, they make it out like "we're going to be gruttt and realistic, and show that there is no glory or heroics in war!", and then the ending is that Hollywood horseshit that is more BS than any other WWII movie in recent times. You don't even need to know anything about WWIII to know it's shit.

But apart from the ending, yeah it's at least an enjoyable movie.

Read a book.

g-g-google it