Did they ever straighten out Hawkman's origin or is is still a mess?

Did they ever straighten out Hawkman's origin or is is still a mess?

I guess also characters or origin is also a mess

His origin was never a mess.

Yes, that's a summary of about 50 years worth of stories about seven different characters. What of it?

>Did they ever straight out Hawkman
Nigga, just look at that fabulous winged queer queen. You can't straight out what doesn't want to be straight.

newfag casual detected

Seven different characters all named either Katar, Carter or both.

Yeah just read nu 52. Alien cop sent to earth. Silver age style.

I doubt the jsa is going to have one this time around.

Retcon to explain her non ageing. Prior to that we was to assume there was only one.

What if they went the DCAU route with Hawkgirl and Hawkman?

One's an alien space cop
The other one has the ties to Ancient Egypt and reincarnation

One is more cosmic, the other is more mystic. That way you can tell both kinds of stories with the respective characters.

>DCAU Hawks

No, Hawkgirl was badass, but human Hawkman was a creepy stalker and felt painful to watch. Hawkman must be flying Judge Dredd.

Hawkgirl was a traitor and a prick. Not to mention an adulterer. It was an awful rendition of the character, and one who people only cared about because of soap-opera tier relationship trash that went against everything she is in the comics.

Look theres an easy fix for the Hawks and its basically just rip off Stargate
>Thanagarian sarcophagus's either regenerate them or clone them each time they die

Dude just has two different origins and a merger. You can make it sound convoluted, but by comic standards it's really no biggie.

I was talking about purely combat-wise, she's fucking bad-ass. But, you are also right. I hated Harkgirl/John and I felt by the end she BARELY redeemed herself. Not enough for me to be satisfied, at least.
But she's still a bazillion times better than re-incarnated loverboy Carter.
More or less the same reason I hate CW but different, in it's own way. I love DCAU so goddamn much except for the Hawks.

So then make Hawkman the alien Judge Dredd and Hawkgirl the archaeologist/museum curator

Also, Donna Troy is the undisputed queen of convoluted origins. So much that her current origin (overwriting a new origin made only a year prior) is literally CAN'T EXPLAIN, FUCK IT.

anyone reading that current Hawkman/Adam Strange series?

It's pretty good. The pre-Liefield issues of New52 Hawkman were pretty fun too, and he was the highlight of the so-so JLA series.

Hello

That would be fucking perfect.

This shit just got even more convoluted since Magneto has memories of Xorn and the special class according to that shit with Mosiac.

they should just make Hawkman a Hawk that gets hit with mutagen and turns into a hawkman.

Also he does not have wings body of a human head of a hawk

Body of a hawk, arms and head of a human

>Englehart intended for a virgin birth by the Master of the Sun
>Claremont made his daddy an alien emperor
>Moench retconned the Master of the Sun to be an alien sham
>Bendis did away with the Master of the Sun entirely, made Star-Lord an inherited title of his father's empire
>Gunn made his father a living planet and Star-Lord a tongue-in-cheek nickname

Quill's origin is nothing if not "rocky," eh, eh? You know, like the mountains? Cause he was born in Colorado...?

Aw, forget it.

Fuck origins. This is all you need to know about Hawkman.

>Bird dude that smashes shit with magic metal weapons
Alla there is to know in order to enjoy any hawkdude. Everything else is just part of stories that have already passed and do not matter.

I feel like the best way to fix the Hawks convoluted origin is to make it a legacy.

Donna's origin could easily be fixed. They could just say she's a really strong Amazon who was trained by WW.

if that's the reaction for DCAU Hawks what's the reaction for the much worse CW Hawks?

Photoshop the chocolate barf to dark red

Hawk slut.

This.

I'm usually against these stupid images that act as if all of that is still canon or that any character doesn't have a huge confusing history that 99% of is ignored, but Hawkman is the exception to that.

By the time of Infinite Crisis ALL of that was still canon, and was still being actively dealt with.

At this point you just have to pick and choose which writer you want to "believe", Chuck fucking Austen or Grant Morrison

But not anymore it isn't

Except nu52 whiped it away. Alien cop comes to earth, That's it.

No more multiple histories in canon or glitches or more than one hawkman running around.

OK, so let me try to parse this:

The original, Earth-Two Black Canary has babby with Larry Lance.

The Wizard curses the babboo to have the canary cry.

The Thunderbolt puts baby Dinah into suspended animation, and erases the Lances' memories so they think she died.

Superman starts taking original Laurel to Earth-One, but she starts dying on the way, and asks to see Dinah before she kicks it.

Thunderbolt then fuses Laurel and Dinah's memories, so that Dinah remembers everything Laurel had done and experienced EXCEPT anything involving having a baby.

The new Dinah gets to Earth-One, appears to develop sonic powers and has various crossover adventures with the JLA.

So now "Laurel" gets back to Earth-Two, except seemingly inexplicably younger and with sonic powers. The JSA knew this all along, but the JLAers did not.

After finally telling her all this, Superman then takes Dinah to Earth-One, where she explains to Ollie that she has full memories of being in love with, banging repeatedly and marrying Larry Lance, but TECHNICALLY didn't cuck him because it was technically her mom that did all that and she just had her memories.

Ollie fully accepted this, and everyone said "Now let's never speak of this again".

And this is the simplest explanation Wolfman could come up with.

Do we really need the reincarnation thing?

Its been gone for years.

It's as essential a part of their mythos as the space-cop thing, maybe moreso. Getting rid of it is as bad as getting rid of the JSA.

Now with the JSA returning, now would be a good chance to restore that element so we can have both again, also bringing Hawkgirl back.

WWII Hawkman and Hawkgirl were the crashed aliens who became the ancient Egyptian reincarnated lovers.

Later they died and were reincarnated again, Hawkman on Thanagar who eventually comes to Earth as New 52 Hawkman, and Hawkgirl on Earth as Kendra Saunders, descendant of Shiyera Saunders, who is unaware of her identity until Hawkman reawakens it. Basically the reverse of JLU.

I have no idea why people think merging them is a good idea. They are separate characters, let them be separate like the Flash, Green Lantern, Superman. You throw a hawk mask and green pants into the mix and suddenly it's too much for people.