Who let this be shown to Children on Televison...

Who let this be shown to Children on Televison? It would scare them and scar them if it wasn't on the screen from less than a second. Cartoon Network should be ashamed.

Fuck off soccor mom

Well, if you told me what it is first, that would be a starter

The Beast from Over the Garden Wall.

Ashamed of reaching their goal of subliminal programming? That was the whole point.

>Fear is abuse
>Offense is abuse
>Physical contact is abuse
>Teaching someone they're a victim and whom to hate is progress

Whose the cooler villain, Beast or Lich?

I've been raised with classic fairy tales, from Hanzel & Gretel to Bluebeard, from Mr. Seguin's goat to the legend of Tam Lin. So, yeah, they are grimmer stories than over the garden wall, and kids stomach them snice the middle ages.
I think they will be fine.

Stop treating children like fragile statues of glass
they can take some heat.

Fairy tales weren't originally for children, they were more like ghost stories told in towns and passed around. They were collected in the nineteenth century not for bedtime story purposes but because the brothers Grimm were contemporaries of Fichte and believed that by building a collection of traditional German stories they would be able to understand what constitutes German culture.

Actually the glass can probably take more heat than the kids :^)

It's just a Spriggan

They were not for children, because fairy tale predate the "invention" of childhood, witch may be roughly between the Renaissence and the Enlightment. I may add that most of the tales from the Enlightment were invented to teach children who to behave.
Little red hood
>young one shouldn't talk/be near stranger while alone.

Bluebeard
> young lady must obey their husbands.

Beauty & beast
> if you're married to an ugly old man, it doesn't matter, he may have a heart of gold.

Hanzel & Gretel
> don't follow stranger who propose you candies

prince Cheri
>always be kind, evil is bad

>back when giving kids illustrated stories about children burning alive to their death or otherwise meeting a grim end was fair game

man, I wish we had more fairy tale-like cartoons like OtGW

>scar them
I hope this is bait.
Fiction doesn't scar kids. More often than not kids handle creepy stuff better than adults.
Just.ook at Grimm fairy tales.

>It would scare them and scar them

Kids are tough and will get used to pretty much anything.

Hahaha
Good one
Showed him : ^)

imagine if it fucking moved and writhed around instead of just being shown for a flash

Lich has a cooler voice, but Beast is a better villain. I like both their designs equally, though.

>Who let this be shown to Children on Televison? It would scare them and scar them if it wasn't on the screen from less than a second. Cartoon Network should be ashamed.

bait thread, everybody go home.

mods please delete this thread.