More films that feel like this

More films that feel like this.

Without mentioning La Dolce Vita.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=STgmzlVGKaE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Knight of Cups

>Knight of Cups

Meh, Malick's films are really not my thing. After Badlands (which is his only good film) everything becomes too loose and he's just making films for his own pleasure, nobody elses.

Synecdoche, New York I guess? Kind of a hard question

Sort of melancholic happiness, and understanding/realization of ones place in life.

La Dolce Vita.

This.

This movie honestly felt like a poor man's Knight of Cups.

Oh. The Master. I assume beautiful cinematography is also a pretty important part and this has it.

Already seen that one.

The Royal Tenenbaums
Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
Adaptation
No Country for Old Men (not a happy one though)
Demolition
It's Such a Beautiful Day

All That Jazz
Beyond the Sea
Stardust Memories

Other way around.

How does Youth hold up to The Great Beauty?

Less of this fin-de-siecle sloth of the boheme, more about them just being old.

It's sweeter, but not really, a lot of dark undertones. However you can treat it as a sunday family cinema, whereas La Grande Belleza was nowhere near that.

Still, it's a great great film and I'll punch anyone who shits on it.

Lost in Translation
Mary & Max

Have you seen his other work? What about The Consequences of Love and Il Divo for example?

8 1\2

I've spent a lot of time trying to find more films like it. There isn't much but the closest I've seen is La Sapienza.

youtube.com/watch?v=STgmzlVGKaE

Local Hero?

Of course the guy who wants more Sorrentino thinks Badlands is Malick's only good film. kys my man, making films for nobody else is what art is, no one should want art that panders. Of course you're not looking for art thought so maybe I shouldnt even bother. KoC is the best film of the decade by far

Stealing Beauty by Bernardo Bertolluci

This one, not very similar but is totally dialog driven a little more intense and less contemplative.

Perhaps more similar to A Separation (2011) but with a beautiful landscape of the cappadoccia.

>3.5 hours
LMAO fuck off

almost all Fellini films.