Please WB just pull the plug already

It's suffering. What did DC do to deserve this? These characters are never going to recover from this. American icons and ideals trashed like some kind of old rags.

#StopTheDCEU please get this trending. This is coming from someone who is huge DC fan, and was a DCEU fan, but the way they're treating these characters legitimately makes me sad bros. They're butchering and making mockery of the heroes I grew up with and at the same time my childhood. (I honestly never liked Marvel, always thought they were the "Great Value" brand of comic book hereos.) I see the wrongs I have committed by forcing myself to supporting and defending this trainwreck of a franchise. But from one capebro to another, we have to stir this back on track, or get rid of it entirely. We have to let WB hear us out.

Because it's true, Marvel is only as good as it's competitor.

>Inb4 some kind of shill.
No I'm legitimately upset about this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7j3Pu_xCjMo
youtube.com/watch?v=rbMc8wbLwKk
youtube.com/watch?v=jfcBBqnd9LY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reboot of the DCEU with an Adam West batman style when?

DC sets a good atmosphere, but doesn't really know how to tell an interesting story. And the highlight of their movies are terrible CGI fights, which drag their mediocre movies down.

While Marvel's strong point is actually doing amazing CGI fights and scenery. And the story is more of a mechanism to move from one fun scene to another.

DID I REBOOT TOO SOON

>I'm legitimately upset about capeshit
kill yourself

> Marvel's strong point is actually doing amazing CGI fights and scenery.
Topkek.

This fight was pretty entertaining.

NO YOU IDIOT ALL WE NEED IS AFFLECK'S BATMAN MOVIE TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT

I'm sure it was for you Capeshitter.

Well yes. Yes it was.

I didn't think Civil War was a good Marvel movie. But at least interesting things happened in that fight.

>implying DC could script a decent hand to hand fight
youtube.com/watch?v=7j3Pu_xCjMo
youtube.com/watch?v=rbMc8wbLwKk

>I coulda been someobdy
>I coula been a contender!

>cosplayers kerfuffle brawl
>"""'decend hand to hand fight"""
Sad!

Meanwhile at DC's number one movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=jfcBBqnd9LY

The worst part about the fights is not the CGI. It's the choreography and the slow-mo.

WTF?? She doesn't even get a small scratch or dirt on her after that??

It's interesting how the Marvel fight shows more meaning with less words and more symbolism.

That's what you get for having shit taste. I have never cared about DC, my life has been amazing because of it. I was a marvel kid and I'm a Marvel father now.

Get fucked OP

ask Joss Wheadon

Maybe you should grow up and stop caring so much about comic book characters

The concept of the fight was retarded, but the fight itself was entertaining. It wasn't spectacular, but it did his job. At least I could see what was going on screen, unlike BvS where everything was dark as shit and I couldn't tell what the fuck was happening.

Disney can't tell a compelling story for shit. 75% of the MCU catalog is pure filler - diverting, entertaining, normie-friendly fast-food filler. Their continuity is shit and the entirety of the screentime they've devoted to their myth arc could be summed up in a ten-minute video. That's seventeen films, a full half of which I can barely recall, and whose character development gets walked back every time the plot demands the "hero" learn this week's "very special lesson."

Here's what Warner Bros. have given us in four films:

Kal-El arrives on Earth and the dormant force of magic starts to stir in reaction. Zod and his fellow Kryptonians arrive, forcing him to reveal himself to the world as the Superman. With the help of the U.S. military, the potential invasion is dealt with, Superman taking the life of the sole remaining member of his people with his bare hands.

Two years, later, the attention of the world remains focused on Superman. The force of magic continues to grow as Superman increasingly becomes the focal point of people's hopes and fears. In addition to those who honor him as a hero, there are those who hate and fear him, as well as those who view him through a filter of nascent religious awe.

Certain perceptive people, sensing the coming changes in the world, seek to turn the emergent metahuman population to their own ends. One seeks to incorporate into the country's arsenal of tools in the service of national defense, the other seeks to use them as pawns to increase his own power and prestige.

Luthor, in a bid to use Superman as a means of eliminating a potential rival and a stumbling block to his plans - Bruce Wayne, who pursues a vendetta against the Superman for reasons of his own. Luthor's plan fails with Superman sacrificing himself to rid the world of Doomsday, the reanimated corpse of Zod and the child of forbidden Kryptonian science.

Looks fun desu

Go on...you are lacking Suicide Squad and then Wonder Woman.

Thw fact that half of that is barely conveyed to the audience shows how terrible the movies are.

Amanda Waller, acting in collusion with Luthor or otherwise, presses ahead with the formation of Task Force X- a squad of metahumans and supercriminals picked from among the prison population. One member, the Enchantress, rebels, freeing her brother, and the two reveal themselves to hail from not only another world, but to have once been worshipped as gods by primitive humans. In an effort to reduce us to a more primitive state, the Enchantress attempts to destroy our technology, the machines that she views as our new gods, the idols that we now worship. Task Force X manages to stop her, one member, seemingly the avatar of a Mayan god who calls himself Diablo, apparently sacrificing his life in the process.

>*gains 30 pounds in your path*

DCEU if s fine example of why a franchise should not be forced. DC had perfectly fine movies that didn't really connect. Sure, they all were mostly Batman, but they were solid movies after a couple of missteps.

Then Marvel happened and WB got all panicky, wanting that all should be stuffed in together.

On the long run it's a good thing that DCEU is falling flat, as it just might teach the studio idiots a lesson, that things are better if they're left simmering in peace.

Niggas can't deny that it's trending upwards critically and so far they haven't lost money on a film

God damn, this is the least I've ever looked forward to seeing a movie. I felt bad for my friend because he wanted to see it but couldn't find a day off AND people to see it with.

Generations earlier, we meet the Amazons, a magical, quasi-immortal race of warrior women tasked with safeguarding the world against the return of the Greek god Ares.

Through their tales, we learn that they credit Zeus with their creation as well as the creation of mankind. We also first hear tell of an Ancient War of the Gods, during which Ares killed his fellow Olympians before being grievously wounded by Zeus, who with his dying acts, created the Amazons and Diana as mankind's defense.

Diana, still somewhat naive about the world of Man, journeys to Europe to find and confront Ares, whom she believes to be fueling the Great War. Though wrong about Ares being the cause of the war, she nonetheless does find him. Ares, in a seeming paradox, wishes peace, but it is a peace that comes in the aftermath of mankind's war, a war in which there will be no victor. He envisions a world without man that is at peace.

Interestingly, though Ares is no doubt formidable, he seems less than godly, certainly no more powerful than figures like Superman and Diana. Whether this was an indication of magic on the wane remains to be seen, but given that Justice League's bombers mention a "return to the Dark Ages and a retreat to holy terror," it seems likely. Faith, belief, worship - they all play roles in their world.

Get Tsujihara fired.

All that in four movies. Fifteen movies into the MCU, we were still waiting on Thanos to get his ass out of his fucking chair.

Fuck Disney. The Mouse must burn.

This has nothing to do with the previous post. What's the connection?

Nigga 2 out of 4 movies make sense connectively speaking.

Now do a Marvel one from phase 1 to the end.

>wideshot
>everyone can see the characters
>focus is on the characters and not the scene itself

this is why it connects with audiences. I feel like DC might be autistic. Im not just saying that either. There's nothing wrong with connecting to visuals and moments more than people.

The connection is that had Luthor's plan succeeded, Task Force X could have conceivably had Superman in it. The other connection is that the Enchantress and her brother the Incubus are most likely relics of the Ancient War, sentient "weapons" who, like their masters, can derive power from worship.

>The other connection is that the Enchantress and her brother the Incubus are most likely relics of the Ancient War, sentient "weapons" who, like their masters, can derive power from worship.
You mean from Wonder Woman's time?
>The connection is that had Luthor's plan succeeded
What plan, exactly? Superman didn't kill Batman, and Luthor didn't prove to the world that Superman isn't all good. In Justice League we saw him form the Injustice League.

So how is Suicide Squad part of his plan?

OK. Asgardians and sorcerers, both earth-bound and otherwise, left stones of infinite power laying around for the first yahoo to come along and pick them up for no good fucking reason.

Embargo just lifted.

what? Phase 1 nigga, not whatever the fuck you are talking about, is that some Thor Ragnarok thing?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want the reboot to look like some kind of golden-age late 30's art deco shit and I want Lex Luthor to literally be a mad scientist who builds robots to rob banks or some shit.

All Luthor needed was Superman to kill the Bat. He's instantly a criminal. At that point, it's literally his word against Luthor's, and Clark would have been the one showing up with a billionaire's decapitated head.

Yeah...and Luthor lost

No. That's the overarching story, the buildup to Infinity War, phases 1 through present.

If you want to try to expand on it, feel free. I guarantee you you're not going like seeing it on "paper."

Exactly. Regardless of whether or not Waller was looking forward to having a cooperative Superman as a bargaining chip, she still used "fear of the next Superman," to get her blank check.

where do you get sorcerers from?

10/10

that would be more creative and ballsy than the last 5 DCEU movies altogether. However this is Warner Bros. we're talking about here aka the new Sony Pictures. Good luck making a movie without execs and marketing major interferences.

That kinda makes sense. Why is Batman shutting them down?

I feel the same way.

I don't give a single fuck about anything Marvel aside from Spidey and X-Men and neither belong to Marvel/Disney.

These WB/DC movies have been killing me. I never thought I'd look towards the release of a JL movie with this amount of apathy. The trailer makes it look like such a shitfest.

The fact that the Ancient One refers to them as an "ancient order." They have relics and grimoires dating back hundreds if not thousands of years. There have been sorcerers and magic on earth and just generally in the universe for a long, long time. We even see an alien sorcerer using it to communicate in one of GotG2's mid-credit scenes. He's even the right species of magic-wielding alien. The ones in the old Shogun Warriors series used magic all the time.

Bear in mind, they've never given us any explanation for magic beyond "science we don't understand," and literally no indication that it might wax and wane in power over time, which means the Infinity Gems have just been laying around fully powered since the beginning of time.

Because they're criminals. They deserve to serve the time they've earned.

Again, that's not phase 1. I think that's from Dr. Strange, and Guardians of the galaxy isn't phase 1 either.

Phase 1 ends after Loki is defeated. It has nothing to do with Infinity War.

What if they were innocent?

OK, give me the build-up to phase 1. Keep in mind they were teasing Thanos before we got to Avengers.

It's the "innocent" metahumans that Bruce is putting together. Just like a Luthor had planned to. Notice any missing logos?

If you fucking retarded DC fanboy shitbrains accepted that MoS and BvS were absolute garbage and send the message to WB with your wallets they would reboot this shit Snyder series earlier.

Now we will have to wait a decade for a decent DC movie.

I have no idea that's why I'm asking you to do it.

Just for the record. I think you type nice so I wanted you to replicate your original post with Marvel too. But I think you only know of Phase 3 or 2 or whatever the new movies are about which I haven't watched. I stopped on phase 1.

Imagine the headline - Man sues WB because he believed he was watching a Zack Snyder kino, but it was Bravo Joss. He wins damages for pain and suffering.

Thank you. I appreciate the compliment, but there's not a throughline that's apparent to me through most of the Marvel films, which is why they're mostly filler, in my opinion. I've enjoyed all of them to greater and lesser degrees, but they lost my patronage with Homecoming and they won't be getting it back.

They shouldn't have fucked with Spidey.

Okay this made me fucking laugh out loud. Bravo.

>wideshot
>empty gray environment
>no one is trying to actually win in their fight
>loaded with quips because we're not supposed to take it seriously despite it being the "big fight" of the movie
>rips off sequences from other movies
>nothing is at stake
>more cuts than a trans teen's arm
>completely meaningless in terms of consequences or even plot, as it does nothing for either and is reversed by the end of the movie

It's fucking masturbatory mindless trash is what it was

>>empty gray environment
better than pitch black

nuff said

>dat critic consensus
jeebuz

>reversed
you know Hawkeyes is in jail right now, right?

Genuinely curious - what didn't you like about Homecoming?
It felt like a decent and funny marvel film with a good balance between parker and spiderman portrayed correctly and an actually interesting, complex villain.

Was it the ironman stuff? The MJ 'controversy'? Aunt May being too fuckable?

None of the DC environments are "pitch black" and if you honestly can't tell what's going on in the fights where they actually show the hit landing I don't know what to do with you
Perhaps Taken 3 is more your speed
Ah yes, Hawkeye, the most interesting and important character in the series. Wasn't he busted out with the rest of them by Cap at the end?

Is it true that Mary Jane isn't a 10/10 goddess?

Cap is a fugitive, how is that reversed? He wsn't a fugitive at the beginning of the movie, and now he is being hunted down like a dog.

Gotham by Gaslight with Afleck please!

Lois was the key. Kino

jew magic

>he thinks the only interaction between super heroes should be punching each other.
Autist detected

Is this misunderstood kino like BvS or just shit like WW aka WE WAZ MARVEL NOW?

>Cap is a fugitive
Oh yeah he's certainly a fugitive with Tony all but smiling and winking at the screen with the "we're still buddies" letter
Who's going to hunt him? The UN cops? Good fucking luck.
We all know he's going to show up in the next movie with a "Miss me?"-sorta line. These movies are mindless trash with no consequences. Even Ragnarok it's just like "Okay all that history, culture, art, architecture is gone forever aw well we'll just settle on earth everything's fine."
The whole franchise is about as risky with its plots, style and narrative(which they don't really have) as a Lay's Potato Chip.
The writing is horrendous and without any gravity or drama, riddled with jokes to dismantle whatever drama actually does occur. Editing by Michael J Fox. The effects range from serviceable to fucking bad. The environments in every movie aside from some scenes in Thor and Guardians are gray cityscapes or desaturated foreign lands that also happen to have a fuckton of gray concrete. The scores are completely forgettable and you only remember the pop music. Every movie is forgotten a year after release, even by "comic fans".
They are worthless to the medium except for a corporation to print money.
I see you like to make up other people's posts

If it had been a completely new street-level hero idolizing Tony Stark and looking to him for support and words of wisdom, I'd have been fine with it. As it stands, it felt like they gutted the character of everything I love about him.

Pete shouldn't be a joiner. If he chose to join, it should have come with one question: "How much does this gig pay?"

Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying he's some sort of merc, just a working class kid whose aunt has bills to pay. He's also absent too much of the inferiority complex that makes him great. If you're going to insert Pete into something other than a solo setting, he needs to carry himself apart, to resent the golden boy billionaires. And if you're going to consolidate Civil War into one movie, not having him turn on Tony to side with Cap is unforgivable.

You haven't see all the webms and videos yet? This is big bang theory tier

A lot of people misinterpreted the ending of Civil War, assuming Cap's letter to Tony meant all was forgiven. It's not. Things have been done and said that can't be taken back. War machine lost the use of his legs, several members of the avengers were imprisoned and now think Tony can go fuck himself (including Black Widow), Cap knew his best friend killed Tony's parents and hid it from him and then helped that friend escape after nearly killing Tony. Cap gave up his shield. His letter at the end was an attempt to build a bridge between the two should he be needed. You think Stark's gonna let bygones be bygones next time he sees Bucky? Don't be dense.

Sure, maybe the Russo's didn't hammer this all home but sometimes subtlety is nice, ya know?

What the fuck is thT?

What's the post-credits scene or whatever
Is it just le ebin Darkseid reveal

I love potato chips though, so I guess that's why Marvel is best. Everyone likes potato chips

u wut m8? It was literally mentioned in Spiderman that Captain America is a terrorist now and that the anti-hero police is looking for him.

Why do DCucks have a problem with this? Is it because you can clearly see where everybody is? Should they have added lava coming out of the jetways?

Agreed. But try living off them.

Batman vs SuperMan was great... why did they have to fuck this all up?

>Why do DCucks have a problem with this?
Because it looks like fucking garbage. Are you blind?

>A

>Darkseid

hahaha no

>Luthor is out of Arkham and on a boat
>Deathstroke broke him out but you never see the escape
>they're both just there and you accept that
>Luthor says, word for word "We should form a league of our own"

also

>Superman and Flash race
>but you don't see a winner
>ends on a freeze frame of them both setting off

superman and flash racing
luthor talking to deadstroke about how the justice league has unsettled the balance, so "we" need to come up with a league of our own to one up the justice league

Ask an American kek

>War machine lost the use of his legs
Which Tony will use a machine to fix in the next movie
>several members of the avengers were imprisoned
And broken out, with the important ones not having been in the movie at all
>Cap gave up his shield
And you know he's going to get it back
>You think Stark's gonna let bygones be bygones next time he sees Bucky?
Absolutely
>Marvel
>Subtlety
You should write comedy more often user
>the anti-hero police
Ooh boy those off-screen chases by UN cops against a supersoldier sure must be dramatic, tight sequences where Cap could lose at any second! Maybe we'll get a few minutes of it in Infinity War Part 1!
Even the Dark Knight's version of "So we'll hunt him" was more effective, and Nolan is a fucking hack.

Nothing in these movies matters. The humor ranges from okay to cringeworthy. The action is always bad. The effects are okay to bad. There's not a single truly effective cinematic moment or line in the whole saga. They're trash that gets a pass for some reason. And then any criticism gets deflected with "Must be a DC shill!"

>fucking garbage
>clean almost white background so the viewer can see where his favorite hero is
You are garbage

And if the plot description sounds nicer, the movie is better.

>Ooh boy those off-screen chases by UN cops against a supersoldier sure must be dramatic,
They are, Winter Soldier is the best one

Fuck, I thought Whedon was due to make another good movie, but this is just Marvel with a DC skin.

I wonder how much of it was studio interferences, Whedon himself and how much of it was originally Snyder.