Is Wanda the true Wonder Woman of Marvel?

Is Wanda the true Wonder Woman of Marvel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NQ_SqoJDCr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sue Storm is the WW of marvel.

Wonder Woman would never fuck a robot

It's Thor. It has always been Thor. Marvel could just use Nu-Thor for WW.

ehh....

Spider-Woman was a better equivalent. Although I don't think she can ever recover after all that's happened to her in the past few years.

Sue Storm or... Ororo?

>team members

Marvels WW must be a strong standalone hero before anything else.

Ororo is too much X-men
Sue is the F4 forever
Wanda could have passed but even if you release her from the Avengers, X-men will suck her somehow

Storm was the WW equivalent back in Marvel vs DC crossover, but I think Sue by far the most iconic female in Marvel.

According to the MCU it's Black Widow.

Wasn't Bronze Age Scarlet Witch actually a pretty powerful, dynamic leader-type?

They could build MCU Wanda up into that if they really wanted to. Maybe they could even give her a cape.

I think when we really love something in fiction, it’s because it speaks to something in our hearts, our experiences, or our worldviews. After all, we see the world through our own eyes. If something really grabs us, it’s because of something that was already in our souls. We see an element of ourselves there, even if we can’t explain on a conscious level what it is.

So, while there are a lot of things I like about Wanda (Chthon!! Magic powers!!!), the things that make me love her are more personal: being between worlds without ever belonging anywhere, growing up a poor kid in a highly stigmatized region, the triumph and the suffering that come from being a powerful woman, that magic combination of introverted and melodramatic…

More than anything, I think it’s that she cares so much. Wanda is not someone who can be apathetic. She can be sarcastic, but it’s her earnestness that drives her. She takes everything so seriously and so personally, and she just cares all the damn time. She cares too much and tries too hard, and I’m like that.

So that’s probably why I love her so much.

-Scarletwitching

this s

she even spin transform
youtube.com/watch?v=NQ_SqoJDCr0

I bet if they had the rights she wold have taken Blackwidow's place in the avengers

"Hey I just made this pretty good piece of fan art, now I'll fuck it up by adding s shitty DA water mark. Fuck yeah!"

Tityfuck. More please. Vision needs more...

Is it canon that she trained in kamar-taj?

who trained her magic anyway?

I'd say it's Storm

>Not on my watch!

Agatha Harkness and Chthon.

IMHO With so many characters in Infinity War, it would make more sense to have Chthon be her mystic mentor than Strange.

>Is it canon that she trained in kamar-taj?
No

The Ancient One and Kaluu the Mystic did though

As far as comics, I doubt we will see Wanda in any substantial capacity other than cameos until All New Rebirth in the autumn, or to cynically cash in on Infinity War next year.

Why does Marvel need a Wonder Woman?
Why is having a Wonder Woman considered a good and necessary thing? Wonder Woman's a fucking mess.

Ask the Carolshills

why they keep forcing that lesbian down our throats

Having a female character who is not a sidekick or subordinate of male characters.

>Having a female character who is not a sidekick or subordinate of male characters.
Yet WW was created to be a female Superman. Her name was originally going to be Superia.

What I meant, was that Marvel feels embarrassed about their lack of a standalone female character, and total failure to truly establish one.

it didnt happen tho

the original super girl was even suppose to be his wife
jimmy olsen wished her to existance

Sue Storm, Jean Grey or Storm.

Wanda is Marvel's Zatanna.

So Storm then.
Now again, why is that a huge necessity?

>implying anyone give a fuck about non-Justuce League comics of Wonder Woman

SJW tumblr wants it

so marvel will have it thier way

>implying scarlet witch isn't a sidekick or subordinate of pietro/magneto/vision/wonder man

she wasn't
she was her own villlan

And Storm actually won that (fan-voted) fight.

Did anyone give a shit about WW back then?

She was a puppet of Doom.

Wtf she really isn't

>Marvel feels embarrassed
I'm pretty sure Marvel doesn't feel anything and are just trying to make money like DC does with the whole Trinity nonsense. If they actually felt something they would care more about the comics they were putting out rather than jumping from one cash grab idea to another.

Who is Marvel's Superman?
Who is Marvel's Batman?

>Who is Marvel's Superman?
Thor
>Who is Marvel's Batman?
Ironman

So that makes Captain America their Wonder Woman

There are more than one.

Superman: Mar-Vell and Sentry
Batman: Daredevil, Black Panther and Moon Knight

And I'm probably missing some others.

Ok I accept this

Superman = Mar vell
Batman = Iron Man

She should be

Tech
Enhanced human
Magic

It's undeniably true that Wanda has been possessed/controlled alot. Because comic writers are lazy hacks.

With the exception of Based Chthon and Set, every story involving that trope was shite.

Moviefag + waifufag is a truly terrible combination.

Just wait until that shitty captain lesbian movie comes out

The harsh truth is Marvel has no Wonder Woman.

All their females are part of team's, and have been ruined by being used as plot devices for male characters:

> Sue was ruined by Doom
> Wanda was ruined by Magneto
> Storm was ruined by Black Panther

In each case the male character benefited while the woman was made to look retarded.

Judging by that picture she's the Power Girl of Marvel

More like the Zatanna of Marvel

Spider Girl is their longest running female solo, Ms America is from an all female world, Storm is probably the highest profile heroine they have, Black Widow and whatever Carol is going by at the time get honourable mentions and the Invisible Woman is the most "traditional" heroine.
Now how do we get them together on one team?

Spider-Woman? Sue? Really?

I mean... I guess it comes down to what your definition of "Marvels Wonder Woman" is. Mine is in reference to how iconic the character is and how recognizable they are to normies.

To that end... Id say its a toss-up between Black Widow or Storm/Jean

Also this. There is no real WW equivalent in Marvel because a large part of just about every female characters backstory is them basically being character development for a dude.

Thats not a bad thing, but it does mean that very few if any heroines in marvel have the agency WW has enjoyed.

lets be honest, if Marvel had the film rights, we would have Marvel Girl everywhere, instead of Captain Marvel.

Tell that to carol fags

>Mine is in reference to how iconic the character is
So judging by lunchbox and low budget old cartoons, they have no Wonder Woman.
Honestly, I think they'd rather shoot for something better than a female character living females don't give a shit about.

>Now how do we get them together on one team?
Same way you get Valkyrie, Misty Knight, Dani Moonstar, and Hippolyta on a team.

Wonder Woman's agency has traditionally been low quality cheesecake and a spot on the Justice League to keep the entire affair from looking like the Hall of Circlejerk.

Yeah, she's been around forever. DC doesn't abandon anything, and even Aquaman has had a comic pretty much forever.

It's not like they could drop her since she had to have an ongoing comic about her or DC would lose the rights.

Why do they need a Wonder Woman? They don't have a Batman or Superman either.

I don't know who keeps making these threads, but no, of course not.

Wanda is actually one of my favorite characters but she's not a star. She's a team character and will be one forever. Her own solo lasted 15 issues (good by today's standards) and ended with her deciding she's a team character after all.

I think "Wanda is the Wonder Woman of Marvel!" is translatable as "fuck you, Bendis, she's more important than you think she is." I know one reason I like her is just that Bendis and the Marvel editors did everything they could to make her unusable and she's slowly, slowly, crawled her way back to prominence.

But even Tumblr doesn't like Wanda a lot - the comics version because of M-Day, the movie version because she hexed all the Avengers in her first appearance. Plus she's not really a feminist character, being from the '60s.

Wanda fans are a) men who read Avengers comics in the Bronze Age and are nostalgic for their childhoods (Busiek, Whedon, Robinson - all around the same age), b) people who read later comics by those men.

I find it telling that dispite all these Wanda threads we haven't seen any attempts to storytime her stuff. I want to understand the character better as I got into comics just after Civil War and although I like the idea of her I have a very academic understanding of her history.

Not even close.

There's not much stuff to storytime because like Vision, almost all her character development takes place in Avengers subplots.

The Avengers couldn't do any character development with star characters who had their own books, so for decades it was mostly about a core of B-listers, like Scarlet Witch, Vision, Wonder Man, Beast, Wasp and Pym.

This is presumably why Joss Whedon thought it was important to get her in the MCU despite the rights struggles. If he read Marvel comics when he was a kid, the essential Avengers to him are the likes of Scarlet Witch and Vision, not Captain America and Thor.

See
Wanda is earnest, cares too much and tries too hard, whereas most modern comic characters quip and spout pop culture references, yet is not an edgelord.
To modern comics writers, she might as well be an alien, and it's not helped by the endless retcons that show a total lack of care for the character's continuity and footing in the Marvel universe.

MCU Wanda has the potential to BTFO Marvel's comic division by being a better defined and far better written character.

Why is she conjuring smoke testicles?

Best Wanda modern Costume.

Does Wanda get tied up on a regular basis like Wonder Woman does to the point that she's a public bondage icon?
If not, then no.

Avengers are legally required to spend most of their time tied to walls and/or sealed in tubes.

You need more than that if you want to prove that she's Marvel's version of Wonder Woman

Me again
That reminds me, Spider Woman actually filled that requirement during her first original series run because she got tied up. A lot.

She's not. She's Marvel's female version of Martian Manhunter, a B-lister permanently associated with one of the A-list teams. (Vision is obviously Marvel's male MM.)

Marvel doesn't have "a Wonder Woman", because they just don't have a heroine who has held a solo book for decades. Instead of asking this question every week, can we not just have a weekly Wednesday Wanda Thread?

>Wednesday Wanda Thread
This.

Batfags are cancer.