Warner Bros. Insiders Claim Studio Execs Are Sweating Over THOR: RAGNAROK Beating JUSTICE LEAGUE

The absolute state of Warner Brothers.

>"If a B character from Marvel shut downsand outperforms the A-team from DC, that’s an embarrassment," a JUSTICE LEAGUE insider tells them, adding, "It’s going to be a stressful weekend for some Warnerexecs." It's easy to see why they're worrying, especially when the superhero ensemble is eyeing an opening weekend of $110 million compared to BATMAN V SUPERMAN's $166 million. THOR: RAGNAROK opened with a hefty $122.7 million.

>Apparently, expectations inside Warner Bros. are muted for the movie and they're said to have much higher hopes for AQUAMAN next December.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-dc-hopes-land-a-punch-marvel-1058409?utm_source=twitter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RlXnBtasZJM
youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>40%

fuck this life

Good. That is WB deserves for what they did to Zack.

>DCEU

:DDDDD

> 39%

>38%

I hate capeshit but that thor poster is so aesthetically pleasing

>11 million gap
Oh no

>they're said to have much higher hopes for AQUAMAN next December.

Probably should scale down those expectations. The character is landing with a bigger thud than they expected and they're up against a new Transformers movie.

do they not watch the movie themselves? cant they watch it and say no way jose make a new one we'll take a loss.

Well, (((((they))))) are retarded and should fuck off

Why would they do that?

and they have no idea why or how they lost?

God what fucking timeline are we living in when people have higher expectations for Aquaman than fucking Justice League and Thor 3 out sells it at the box office.

>Apparently, expectations inside Warner Bros. are muted for the movie and they're said to have much higher hopes for AQUAMAN next December.

>filler movie starring a D-list hero who was by far the least popular marquee avenger
vs.
>Justice League film, the main event starring all of the main players of the DC universe and the whole reason the shared universe begins in the first place

Not even a marvel shill but if you can't see why DC is sweating over this you're delusional.

post your 40% face, i'll start

Snap it's filthy neck, Thor.

Finish them!

Better question is what timeline is a 110 million opening weekend considered a failure.

to have a good rotten tomatoes score and break a billion dollars at the box office.

>38%
Ftfy

Its like DC/WB totally forgot how they made the previous Batman movies.

The timeline where its direct competitor does better in every way that matters.

>Chris Begley, founder of the Batman-focused fan site Batman-News, notes that traffic surges around controversial issues, such as rumors of Ben Affleck leaving his role as Batman, with readers swarming to condemn his site for even posting news that would suggest such a thing. "Some hardcore DC fans only want to read 'good news,'" he says.

Where the movie needs 800 million just to break even.

>December release
well at least they still have time to make a bunch of executive changes jam in a bunch of reshoots before it comes out

OHNONONONO

man of steel just barely beat Thor 2 in 2013

>"If a B character from Marve

But he's not a B character now is he. He's been in 5 films. This is what WB doesn't understand. They need to build these characters up not just throw them in with Batman and Superman to make money fast. Build a universe that works and you can make money off these films for decades. Why is it so hard for them to understand?

fuck them, this is what they get for casting ben fucking affleck as batman and throwing wonder woman in the ill-conceived bvs in the first place

For big blockbusters it's the current time. A lot of big franchises failed this year

oh no, no no no
*breathes in*
bruh, look at this dude

>AQUAMAN next December.
HOL UP
There's an aquaman movie coming? How come I haven't heard anything?

>>filler movie starring a D-list hero who was by far the least popular marquee avenger
with Hulk, Loki , Dr Strange and FUN!

It's just sad. I have always preferred Marvel over DC but i still love Batman and Superman and it's revolting to seem them treated so shitty.

more like DC EWW

>Marvel buys out DC and makes The Avengers vs. Justice League
>The Avengers win

DC has a track record for not understanding why people like characters that aren't Bruce Wayne or Supes.

You don't post here often? Provided WB don't go in for reshoots I'm still looking forward to it.

But what the fuck happened? When did all these studios forget how to make decent movies?

The big blockbuster films have to do better than ever to make up for record low box office performance everywhere else.

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS LIP

youtube.com/watch?v=RlXnBtasZJM

98%

JL is the third dceu movie for Supes, Batman, WW and technically also the Flash. They should do better at this point.

that picture can't be real

>have much higher hopes for AQUAMAN next December.
>higher hopes for a movie based on one of the second-tier characters from a hyped ensemble film that is apparently going to be at least a partial flop
Let me just stop you right there, sweetie.

The kind where you have a 300 million budget

Nah that's WB. DC shills Batman a lot because he's the only hero in comics these days who sells on name alone. I mean Spider-Man sells lower than 3 different Batman titles and half of the main one. It wasn't even ten years ago that Green Lantern was DC's biggest hero.

WB are so incompetent the Losers were given a film before Flash or Wonder Woman. Imagine if Disney had the rights to all the Marvel characters for the last 20 years and did nothing with them. That's how shit WB is

if there was any chance i'd pay to watch this movie now they're over

Thor is probably still B-list now though. But before Avengers, he was D-list so this is a giant improvement

>>Nah that's WB
I dunno. DC sure has no problem doing a 180 with characters until their runs get cancelled.

Oh come on man doin't include the Flash. BvS and Suicide Squad don't count. They did do well with Wonder Woman because it had so little interference pretty much because they didn't want to waste their time. Even they thought it would perform low

was that a menstuation joke, calling superman a bitch that has it?

>calling superman a bitch that has it?

Superman wipes the floor with the entire league. It's hilarious ho incompetent he makes them all look there and when fighting Steppenwolf .

Darkseid's war general should not be weaker than fucking Faora and Zod

Kek

James wan directing. Black Manta and Orm as antagonists.

Thread theme?
youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI

It's a shitty quip based on a shitty throwaway line from BvS that makes WB think they're smart for including it in JL.
And even if it was a cool moment it gets fucking ruined almost immediate by "Clark no!" And "Something is definitely bleeding".
Point is, it's shit.

>The new fun quiptastic DCEU handling Black Manta

I wanted psychopath of the sea not "Yo hol up Fishboi!"

Steppenwolf is weaker then like 10 Parademons in this movie.

How can anyone with eyes see that the film is a piece of shit by experts in their industry can go through the entire production process without seeing it?

How does this continuously happen?

How did they not learn this lesson with MOS and BvS?

300 mil budget, and that much or eaven more on marketing. Opening weekend brings the most money, all other weekends suffer a big drop, eaven bigger drop if movie is considerd bad.
It is clear that JL will make enough money to be in green. But profit margin will be way less than in Marvel movies, and big investments need big profit margins.

You mean hiring him? I agree, they deserve the terrible reviews for that mistake.

Post the scene when flash looks like a fucking retard in the camera while superman catches up with his speed.
I need a good laugh.

Looks like Steppenwolf did underestimate the old gods after all.

Nobody wanted this fucking movie.

Just make a R-rated Batman movie with an original over the top villian, amazing fight scenes and tons of gore. I want to see Batman infiltrate a building of steroid injected cannibal drug addicts who wear body armor and rev chainsaws. Whole movie takes place in one building with graphic fight scenes where Batman actually gets his ass kicked and delivers brutal knockouts. Keep the plot simple (save a kid), no fucking blue lasers. DC needs to end this overly complex PG-13 shit. They could be shitting all over Marvel if they weren't such fucking incompetent idiots

>37%

They dont care. Idiots will reward mediocrity because 'woah batman talks to flash xD' and they'll use hollywood accounting to make it profitable and keep their wallets fat.

No lie, I'd watch that. I'd say get Grant Morrison in on the screenplay too. I like that dude's Batman shit. He probably has some good ideas. They cribbed The Matrix from his shit.

>Hire Snyder
>Movie bombs
IT KEEPS HAPPENING

thanks whedon

>$300 million budget
>predecessor earned $50 million more
>thor 3 will outgross it

But that would be a financial risk and our shareholders are wringing their han- I mean our neck.

>he's gonna take you back to the past

NEXT TIME CAST SOME GOOD LOOKING ACTRESS

WB should take a cue from Thor: Ragnarok and cast more actresses from the Mommy Cinematic Universe as villainesses.

JL started shooting in march 2016 when bvs got released. It was already to late at that point. Then wb execs got nervous in the full year of post production and killed snyders daughter because he lost them millions. Then they got Joss whedon and blindely trusted him. But whedon was still on Feiges Payroll and there to finish DC. He will next direct she hulk for marvel.

Well they were super confident in BvS that they started production for JL early. Ten the negative reviews came in. Had they not already started Zack would have been fired or had his role greatly reduced for justice League. So now they're in production with a director who let them down so they meddle. Then his daughter an hero's and he has to leave the project. Jenkins is burnt out from Wonder Woman, Wan is still doing Aquaman but fortunately they have just signed on Joss Whedon for Batgirl and he's free as a bird. So they get the guy who made two billion dollar ensemble movies to finish the film. What could possibly go wrong...?

Well everything as it turns out.

hell the 'power' level of steppenwolf was all over the place. the same for others
flashback scene showing the amazons, atlanteans, green lanterns, humans and even the greek gods fighting steppenwolf and his army. even zeus can't really harm him, the same zeus who nearly got killed by ares who in turn got his ass beat easy by WW.
WW can barely scratch steppenwolf, and in comes superman who curb stomps him easy. when in BvS it was WW would performed far better against doomsday then superman.

either they randomly boosted superman or getting revived made him stronger

KA LEL
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>37%

Pancake

See The rule of thumb for Blockbusters is that you need to multiply the movie's budget by two to include marketing. Also, not all the movie ticket money goes to WB.

In USA only something like 50% goes to the studio, in the rest of the world in can be even less than that(china is around 30% afaik). All this means a blockbuster needs to gross 3 to 4 times its budget just to break even.

It is one of the reasons why a 200 million budget movie is expected to cross the 1 billion mark(~700-800kk is just to pay the bills).

Justice league has a budget of 300 millions so to break even they need something beetween 900 - 1200 millions(1,2 billions)

It is an insane project made by incompetent hacks.

I think that line was cut from the film

The race spoilers are actually legit? The fuck.

Hi, and welcome to the CURRENT YEAR. Where budgets are so obnoxiously inflated that a film can rake in $500 million and it will be considered a massive failure. I swear to god we're approaching territory of spending the GDP of small countries on 3 hours or less of entertainment media. Its pathetic.

What the fuck is with the obsession about having a "cinematic universe"? Can somebody explain it to me like I'm a retard?

Would it have been so fucking hard to first make stellar stand-alone films for Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Shazam, Green Lantern, Green Arrow etc. with no need to connect them to each other? And they could have mined the Batman universe for more films about Nightwing, Batgirl, Suicide Squad, Deathstroke, Catwoman and so on. They would have made tons of money at the box office and tons of money off the merchandise.

Now they have to clear the slate completely by either doing a Schumacher/Nolan-style reboot or using the Flashpoint film to start everything from scratch.

for normies and exec's who've never read a comic the list is
>A characters: Batman, Superman, Spider-Man
>B All the Avengers, X-Men, WW
>C,D, & lower: everyone else

How fucking hard is it to make a decent movie? Warner Bros. execs need to be gassed.

>all of DC's biggest A-lister superheroes in their first ensemble movie
>can't beat a Marvel B-lister
The absolute fucking state of DC. It stopped being funny and now its just sad.

Zach Snyders career is a fucking mystery

>high hopes for a movie where Jason Momoa is the lead
kek ok WB have fun with that

>it keeps fucking dropping
30% BY NEXT WEEK LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

the only thing that makes me sad is realizing based henry won't play superman for much longer
you can tell he's devoted and a great guy
pls b my friend henry

is this real?

NO ASS jesus christ