Green Arrow #18 Storytime

Reunion part one!

excited for them to finally meet

Oh hey a Vertigo design thats a mix of classic and Lemire

Next:
>“REUNION” finale! Orphaned as an infant and raised on a Navajo reservation, the superhero Arsenal returns to his adopted home to defend it from a violent militia hired by…Queen Industries?! Oliver Queen’s company has been up to no good since his supposed death, but Green Arrow is on the scene to make things right. Unfortunately for Ollie, he’s the last person his former sidekick wants to see.

The end

>Wild Dog gang

>Ollie's chili is back
Truly the best Rebirth

Oh shit.

So Broderick is gonna tie the story into the over arching plot.

Huge fan of this issue. Love the reintegration of Harper's heritage, and his new origin is pretty good.

>Chili
Fuck yes

>not Adams on variant
Boo
Guess I'll be picking the normal one then

Thank you.

Lol pipeline

Damn good issue. Think we're gonna get a retelling of whether or not he's a junkie now?

From GA rebirth Special.

So I guess the drinking evolves into heroin. Wonder how much we'll see.

Also happy this is a Roy arc ft. Ollie and not the other way round. Roys been too distant from the rest of the family

Grell is probably the next best thing. I didn't realize his variants were coming out already.

To think that Roy is still suffering as the result of a one-off comic.

To think that Killer Croc is his AA sponsor.

Nice

Thanks for dumping.

So Percy just retconned Nu52 Count Vertigo? Why?

I didn't read the last arc. What did I miss?

Hey I took that screen grab, red box and all.

It's really odd seeing this reposted by someone

I have it on my phone since since june thank you user.

Not a fan of the retold origin of roy harper, we just had hawkeye also deal with this dakota access pipeline, I guess guys with bows just levitate towards the left?

I mean honestly you have roy harper being taught firing arrows by a noble american native, should jason todd's origin be retconned he hang out in the street with the black men and that is why he gravitates towards guns?

you got wild dogs turned into some rightwing extremists (luckily you can get the classic punisher ripoff in cave carson).

last page twist was good, but yeah just not a fan of this harper origin. I preferred when he was also a millionaire.

That's been Roys origin for ages

What happened to Roy's tattoos?

bump

This

Cute!

>Q arrow points right at Ollie, implicating him in all of this
That's some good shit
>Q arrow is right next to Roy's dick, indicating he is man now and not a child
L-lewd poetry

Based

dr manhttan took then away.

Bump Arrow

Neat issue, although the fake halftone colouring gives me the shits a little

>yoga loving d-bag
He was wearing a jacket with a white shirt and jeans, that is pretty standard wear

Pains me that it's Dinah who is saying this since in the original comics she was the one who was there for him and helped him through it.

Roy being a navajo has been his origin for a long ass time, even before New 52, and Ollie has been a leftie since being a leftie became mainstream.

It makes sense for both of them to be doing this.

Marvel are the ones copying Green Arrow with their left leaning Hawkeye, Clint himself was always just a carnie and yeah he has a thing for helping the underdog and was anti-establishment but he wasn't really that political.

Yeah. That issue's not so great to Dinah. Kinda sad that Roy's getting so much of his old background back while Dinah's still stuck with this shit.

This is how you do fun!

True

So when did you start reading comics?

Good

It only took 18 issues but they finally showed up after being on the cover of the Rebirth Issue. I assume one of them will be a Latino named Rene who leaves and becomes a good guy. Cuz you know, synergy and all that

Eh, I dunno, synergy doesn't really exist for GA outside of the costume and Diggle who is a legit good idea/character before the show ruined him.

Though on the other hand from what I've heard Rene is pretty good in S5

Yeah he's pretty cool. He starts off as a dick who just runs headfirst into danger, but then he gets the shit kicked out of him by Church and starts to mellow out and be a team player. He's basically what Diggle would be if he were edgy

its better that way

Wild Dogs should have to announce "Wild Dogs" every time they appear

So Cave Carson is fringe canon right? Is the original still around?

More of this Canary plz

Everything in Young Animal is "technically takes place in current DCU but is unlikely to really intersect with other books." With the exception of Mother Panic, and her Bat-related encounters

BROTHER

Did Ollie just ice that motherfucker?

Nice cover.

Thank you

CHILI

>they have a bazooka

Wild Dog would be proud.

I hope

Hit him in the shoulderblade. Wounding, not killing.

That's what you get when you're shooting goddamn arrows at people (who are shooting goddamn guns at people, so they deserve it).

The fill ins on this have been such shit. I don't understand wasting Ferreyra and Schmidt on this... that's two of your better artists while other comics don't even have one good one. And their high quality only makes the fill ins look even worse.

Why not?

He wasn't nearly as badly mutilated as many other characters in nu52, but he wasn't particularly improved, either. Wait and see for his next appearance, I guess.

(I like Count Vertigo.)

In which Ollie and Roy discuss their favorite heroines. Black Canary and Black Tar, respectively

He's not just fully retconned him, his design looks like a mix of OG and New52 with the shaved sides and exposed skin

Yeah, but that was then. Maybe he'll have classed up a bit more with age.

>Tfw read past Ollie in Nathan Filion's voice and present Ollie in his DCAU voice
I don't know why
It just works

>The Arrowcar is a Humvee

That's a bit off message, isn't it?

I've said this before but I am still honestly kind of surprised that Roy hasn't actually been made native outright at some point in the DC retcon factory.

The red hair is a bit unlikely, yeah, but it's hardly as though making him not a redhead is any less severe a change than a lot of characters have gotten.

Maybe it's to avoid the association of native with drug addiction?

>They can't kill us all!

I don't know. They're crazy right wing militiamen. They probably have a LOT of bullets.

At least he isn't back to being on drugs due to having a dead daughter, cyborg arm and being max edge.

Still loving the hell outta this series, thanks for sharing!

Honestly, a mundane superhero eventually turning to heroin kind of makes a lot of sense, generally.

These guys get fucked up A LOT. They probably have a lot of chronic pain. Pain killer addictions should be pretty common.

I for one, would not mind a redeemed Dog joining Team Arrow and arguing politics with Ollie.

Also, 18 issues, but there's been enough story momentum that it feels like this is a natural place for them to come in.

Isn't he already in Cave Carson?

So did Ollie and Roy interact at all in the entire New-52?

At least that got us Bizarro Arsenal.

Especially considering that Dick's Romani heritage has clawed its way out of comic book limbo and Green Arrow is trying to be a SJ book. Retconning Roy into having Native American heritage seems like an obvious choice that actually fits with the character's background.

That's the original Wild Dog.

In a RHatO issue and in a couple flashbacks in GA.

I kinda wish this arc was longer so that we could just have a full arc explaining what happened to Roy as opposed to this fragmented stuff. Percy seems to be ignoring the RHatO stuff while embracing Lemires GA.

New52
>Diggle is Ollies first partner
>Roy is picked up by Ollie as the teams tech. Pretty certain he did not have his navajo origins and this was never fuilly explained.
>This alongside Ollie wasting away causes tensions between him and Diggle, ending in Diggle leaving
>During this time Roy has started training secretly and been wanting to go out in the field. He's also started developing a drinking habit
>One time Ollie catches him out drunk while all geared up and tells him to get lost
>Joins up with Dick in the Titans(Rebirth messiness starts here)
>All the while his drinking habits getting worse until he gives up being a hero and goes to AA

Rebirth
>Diggle still seems to have been Ollies first partner as far as we can tell
>Roy is an adopted navajo with a knack for tech. Kills his foster father accidentally and becomes a runaway.
>Ollie catches him as we see here and pulls him in as the teams tech, as well admiring his skills with a bow
>assume this still leads to tensions with Diggle and he leaves
>Ollie and Roy are now brothers-in-arms as Green Arrow and Speedy, with Ollie happy to have Roy fighting at his side and giving him trick arrows
>Roy falls off the wagon at some point and goes full alcoholic and junkie while still with Ollie. Might be public/common hero knowledge considering Dinah knew about Roy
>Roy joins the Titans at some point. Unknown if before or after Ollie got rid of him
>RHatO/Rebirth shenanigans
>now this and Titans are happening

Tell me if I got anything wrong

Roy being Ollie's tech support was introduced in Tynion's run on RHatO

That was a hard time for Roy.