Minus animation!

There is a new animation based on minus being made.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minus_(webcomic)

kiwisbybeat.byethost12.com a mirror site now has an ad asking for voice actors and other collaborators.

is this going to turn out good or be shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BzebaSukpQg
youtube.com/watch?v=QJaOo5jw6cI
youtube.com/watch?v=yLs8ki65qkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whatever happened to the author?

Who's gonna voice Larry?

Went missing

Forgot to use the turn light.

I imagine he would sound something like Robin Williams or something between Chevy Chase and Jon Lovitz, i imagine him having a bit of a high pitched voice.

If he has a deep one it would need to be epic for it to fit

Random clips

Robin Williams
youtube.com/watch?v=BzebaSukpQg

Chevy Chase
youtube.com/watch?v=QJaOo5jw6cI

Jon Lovitz
youtube.com/watch?v=yLs8ki65qkM

Some interesting discussions on reddit and the mirror itself,
From these i gather The last thing he did on the internet before he dropped off the radar was 20 Apr 2016.
and there were some links to real estate sites renting out his last known adress on July 28, 2016.

On November 15 2016 an anonymous source claimed to have contacted a relitive of Ryan Armans who said
"I'm going to have to ask you to stop contacting us. We don't talk about his business but just search around the internet and something might pop up in the next few months."

I support this!

Minus is the best! I miss it!!! T_T

That's really fucking odd.
It doesn't sound like he's died, but clearly the family doesn't want to talk about it.
Institutionalized in an insane asylum maybe?

But do you have what t takes to answer the ad?
>> Or are you just just an untalented NEET?

I hope it works out for him.

Who is animating this,
It says on the site he has an upcoming 10th anniversary on Newgrounds, but Who is he?

I would have assumed the guy who did the comic. Is it not?

>authors worst work is his most popular

Nope, at least we cant prove it is,
My guess is the guy who runs the mirror.
do they let you do animations there?

It will be just like the comic

So shit

Amazing! I am so ready for animated ant civilization!

Nah, its gonna be the kid turning someone in balloons then popping them under "he's just a kid, he does silly things" - pretense.

>Whatever happened to the author?

He ran into some money troubles/may have declared bankruptcy and was not only not able to pay the rent on his site domain, but was kicked out of his own house and was ultimately left homeless.

Why do bad things happen to good people

>he does silly things" - pretense.
Once again, Sup Forums makes the mistake that this is about lightheartedness and not the very twilight-zone style horror you yourself posted a picture of.

Did Ryan even have a history of any mental illnesses?
Its not uncommon for artists to be fucked up in the head some kind of way.

My favorite minus comic was when she sent one of the twin sisters back into the past of early colonial america, and she walked back up to her sibling as an old woman literally seconds after

I feel lucky I got the book.

Let me guess. You haven't seen that one strip.

Not that user, but if you are referring to what Im thinking of, then it really doesn't contradict what he says.
Its very dark kind of humour, but I wouldn't call it lighthearted

You mean with the balloons? Yes I have. I've read them all. We are witnessing the results of a little girl with cosmic power. We're not supposed to necessarily be cheering for her or happy about the results.

I thought the one with the magic show was especially messed up.
A little girl with telekinesis along with reality warping powers and a very skewed view of right and wrong is pretty terrifying.

It sure isn't The Little Prince.
There was also that radical change of perspective i had with the baseball bat strip.

Back when i saw only that one strip without knowledge about context, i found it inspirational. The world faces a imminent apocalypse without any hope for survival and only one child faces the planet killer with a baseball bat, on the top of a mountain. A fight he cannot possibly win, but a fight he faces nevertheless.

When i learned about the context, it has turned that the child has summoned the asteroid on his whim, to strike a planetary homerun.
He turned from hero to a marysue in a second in my eyes. It was a rather disappointing experience.

Minus is a girl.

And a Mary Sue is someone without flaws, which Minus CLEARLY has.

>it has turned that the child has summoned the asteroid on his whim, to strike a planetary homerun.
Debatable. While that is definitely within Minus' carefree childish whims to do something like summon a meteor, Minus could have happened across the meteor and made a game of it. It's not spelled out and very open ended.

>It sure isn't The Little Prince.
>There was also that radical change of perspective i had with the baseball bat strip.
>
>Back when i saw only that one strip without knowledge about context, i found it inspirational. The world faces a imminent apocalypse without any hope for survival and only one child faces the planet killer with a baseball bat, on the top of a mountain. A fight he cannot possibly win, but a fight he faces nevertheless.
>
>When i learned about the context, it has turned that the child has summoned the asteroid on his whim, to strike a planetary homerun.
>He turned from hero to a marysue in a second in my eyes. It was a rather disappointing experience.
That is my single favorite webcomic. Ever.
I bought the print and prize it to this day.
I saw it more as a FLCL/Nemo crossover moment, standing up against an inevitable fate in a childlike manner. I will never forget it.

>And a Mary Sue is someone without flaws
Not necessarily. Many Mary Sue's are given superficial flaws to mask the fact that they are Mary Sues. Or they are made incompetent as fuck and end up being on the opposite end of the scale, while still being Mary Sues.

Being a Mary Sue has more to do with how the world, the story, and the character of said story react to your character. And people tend to react to Minus' bullshit in character, so she really can't be considered one It's really hard to make a canon character a Mary Sue just due to the nature of that type of character, but it's possible.

Yeah, as you said, Minus really cannot be described as a Mary Sue. Anyone who has read the comic in its entirety will tell you she's not some kind of wish-fulfillment character, as most of the goings on in the comic revolve around people DEALING with her shenanigans. It's a comic about her being a force of nature and peoples' abilities to cope with that.

i just got finished reading all of Minus.

Is that really it?
She just kills everyone on the planet and lets aliens turn into some kind of theme park?

Yup. Honestly Minus killing everyone accidentally is kind of a fitting ending to the series.

It is a weird comic. It has a weird end that fits its mood.

Yeah

What a coincidence that the comic got storytimed again a couple weeks ago after not being posted since 2010 you big fucking shill

>Implying the guy behind minus has the money to hire people to shill for him.

>thread about old webcomic gets new people interested
>one of them found out news about the comic and shared them
Holy shit user with your logic every fucking poster in Sup Forums is a shill

Of course user. The only comic allowed here is DC, everything else is shills.