>X-24 having Creed's haircut
>We see Wolverine go full snikt
>Laura's fighting style in general and how she uses her size and foot claws
>The whole Barn scene
>Logan vs X-24
>Logan vs mooks
>dat hotel scene

The Bad
>X-24 in general, I mean it was executed pretty well but it could have been more than a literal wolverine clone, I guess I was expecting Creed as the main villain
>The fucking kids plot
>fucking kids combining their powers to EASILY subdue and kill Pierce and not using the same thing on X-24
>the whole fucking kids was cheesy as fuck
>the Adamantum bullet killing X-24 (though in its defense I really thought they would kill him by molten adamantum)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq1IFUlV8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the fucking kids plot
Easy does it, OP.

Haven't seen the movie yet - does X-24 look exactly like Logan or are there some differences?

>Haven't seen the movie yet - does X-24 look exactly like Logan or are there some differences?

Put logan's face on pic related

Hes supposed to be younger and amplified so his healing factor is better, agree with op though, his death was shit

Does Laura speak at all?

Yes, in spanish at first, then english.mqt voice too

She calls logan 'daddy' when hes dying too

lots of blood ?

Good amount, but lots of gore

So every other x-men is dead? Dofp ending doesn't matter bc they were all wiped out in a few years anyway?

fuck yeah

Was implied by xavier, yeah, mutants are less than 1%

Why do you watch capeshit that doesn't feature capes or costumes?

I kinda wish there had been more X-Men films between this and Apocolypse, they where building up to something in Age of Apolcolypse and now it all gone

Why won't he wear the bloody suit
Why won't he wear the bloody suit

suit would look corny on screen, im glad they went the shirt and pants route with wolverine, he has done plenty of comics in just plain clothes to where its not a big deal. certain guys like batman and cap you have to have a costume, but not wolvie

I feel like a flashback to where all the characters where alive and he had the suit on would have worked

Can anyone spoil how the world is and how it came to be, if it's revealed in the movie? I wanna know how it happened after DoFP's "happy" ending.

Unless the theory that Logan is apart of the original timeline is true.

The Transigen Corporation creates a virus that only affects mutants and uses water to spread it. Logan is infected and although he survives, his healing factor is significantly weaker and he begins dying of Adamantium poisoning. Xavier also survives but develops a degenerative brain disease that causes him to experience seizures in which he loses control of his powers. In one such episode he accidentally killed all the X-Men as well as hundreds of civilians in close vicinity. His brain was then labeled a weapon of mass destruction and he became a fugitive of the government, forcing Logan to smuggle him to the Mexican border to avoid prosecution.

>suit would look corny on screen

Have you seen any of the fan made stuff?
The suit looks pretty cool if done right

Yeesh, that's brutal. Is that some Mutant Legacy Virus? So, it is the world after DoFP's ending?

I've seen the original X Men movie all the way up to Origins and none of the ones after that. How many of these shit terrible looking movies do I have to see to fully appreciate this one? I'm not looking forward to this homework.

What do you think will Happen now? All the characters are gone and I bloody swear if there's a new X-Men with nothing but minorities

what kind of powers do you see from the kids?

>I've seen the original X Men movie all the way up to Origins

Then you missed out on First Class and DoFP which were the two best films in the franchise. Apocalypse is flawed but enjoyable and ties up the "new trilogy" pretty well.

New Mutants, duh.

I honestly liked apocolypse, I didn't like Cyclops but he's always a cunt and Jennifer Lawrence's preformance was forced but it had potential

>First Class
>better than X2

>I bloody swear if there's a new X-Men with nothing but minorities

Even if it's as good as I'm hearing, I'm still a little salty we didn't get a proper Old Man Logan movie

It's never referred as such.

Also, the world is semi-dystopic but otherwise functional post-mutant purge.

Due to the rights and shit, that was never gonna happen, It would be cool if Disney did the same with Cap as the protagonist

>Have you seen any of the fan made stuff?
Still looks corny.

>The suit looks pretty cool if done right
Only if you're doing it in a setting you're not meant to take seriously.

So what's stopping fox from having x24 survive the bullet to the head, have a loss memory and believe he is actually Logan the wolverine? It's a way to have more movies.

Cause the actor doesn't want to do more

Logic, integrity and a shortage of Hugh Jackman.

Right, so I have a theory about what happened in Logan, Take this with a grain of salt but what if, Video Killed The Radio Star

So then it's the old man Logan hair just not grey?

Honestly best X-Men movie made. Probably the best made Fox superhero movie made in general. The plot and progression worked. There wasn't any asspulls I could think of. Everything essentially worked.

Is pic related actually X-24?

I just want a shorter actor who will actually wear the Wolverine costume

youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq1IFUlV8s

made me chuckle

Is there any post credits scene or prologue scene?

No.

Were there any memorable tracks from the soundtrack?
The only music that stuck out was from the credits.

Let's get this shit started

1 > The Wolverine > 2 > Days of Future Past > Apocalypse > 3 > First Class >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> smelly piece of shit > Origins

>3 above First Class
>no Deadpool
>no Logan

Yes, an unspoilered talkback thread for a movie that hasn't premiered yet. What a wonderful idea you prick.

Thought first the thumb was a screenshot from GTA 5.
EVERYONE IS GETTING SNIKT.

I saw it earlier today in a thatre.

It's premiered in the UK.

Not OP, but I seen it tonight.

It was brilliant.

Hugh Jackman wanted in on The Avengers. If Fox lets him, he'd better wear the damn suit!

I'll only be able to see it next week, but I'm really excited.

The only thing I'm iffy about is the actress for X-23, she didn't seem very good from the trailer. For those that saw it, is she the typical annoying kid from movies that constantly scowls and is unlikable?

Say what you want, but even with the glorious winged faggot mutant and a horny Phoenix, i prefer Last Stand than the terrible acting of Azazel, Moira "cute but stupid" McTaggert and Energy Absorbing Footloose as the main villain.

Deadpool isn't there because it wouldn't be a fair competition.

Quick question: Does Marvel have the movie rights to D-Man?

shit, i meant for

Personally I'd wait and see. If Legion does OK they'll probably go the tv route for a while. Gives time to re-plan what they want to do with the franchise instead of desperately crapping out movies every year and trying to tie them all to a continuity that's older than most of the expected audience.

Jackman's one of the younger original cast to have maintained any kind of popularity over the last 17 years, but he's going to be in his 50s before another movie comes out, and it's a very physical role - not just to perform, but to maintain the body for.

No.

This was intended as the final appearance of the character and is set in a future that specifically goes out of its way to show it doesn't contain any other X-Men.

Since they no longer have Jackman, Lawrence or any of their other stars under contract, there's nothing to set up. People won't go and see a movie about the people who got written out of Game of Thrones pretending to be X-Men, but not the cool X-Men like we've seen, the shitty ones nobody ever really cared about.

Probably, since he's a Daredevil supporting character/Avenger and not a mutant.

>People won't go and see a movie about the people who got written out of Game of Thrones pretending to be X-Men

I would if they include a nude scene.

I don't know why Fox wouldn't like the idea of X-men inside MCU.
At this point they're like The Dark Knight Saga: everyone is waiting for the last movie, and even if it ends being a piece of shit, you'll have assured a minimun profit of half billion dollars. So even if Fox just gave them the Logan character, they would still manage to jew some millions.

So why they don't?

>DoFP
>best

It was a massive clusterfuck of a movie, we go from the Wolverine which ended with Xavier asking for his help with something and the world being pretty ok to all of sudden shit has fit the fan and nearly everyone is dead. DoFP was shit with its pacing as well

Awesome! D-Man for Daredevil Season 3!

Do you think Fox will recast Wolverine now?

I'm not sure how audiences would take it, Jackman IS Wolverine at this point. He's kinda like RDJ, recasting seems like a bad idea.

No. A bit endearing

She spends half the film silent, and the other with most of her lines in Spanish.
She only starts talking after Xavier's death, which was a nice touch.

I hope they don't. And not just because of what you've said, but because i think is time to move on to other characters or just stop with comic movies for a while.

Well that's good I guess.

I'm wondering, was she a necessary addition to the movie? From what I read, it's more about the relationship between Logan and Xavier.

They'll recast him eventually, but I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

I remember reading Fox and Ryan Reynolds did everything within their power to get him to come back one (more) last round in a crossover with Deadpool, but Jackman refused.

Right now they're placing their bets on Deadpool, Channing Tatum's Gambit, the New Mutants and getting audiences to care about the young X-Men.

First half of the movie is about the father-son relationship between Logan and Xavier. Laura's a plot device for most of this, although she has a few cute scenes with Xavier.
After Xavier dies, the focus shifts to the father-daughter relationship between Logan and Laura.
Considering the themes of the film and how it is very character driven, she was a good choice.

In a perfect world, this movie would happen.

>Awesome! D-Man for Daredevil Season 3!

Their was a rumor going around that he's actually going to show up in Jessica Jones season 2.

Supposedly they're replacing the Power Broker with IGH in his origin. And he'll be told to kill Jessica instead of Ms Marvel.

Just saw it. It was fucking great. Only thing that annoyed me was the repetitive use of "fuck" in every sentence in the beginning. It felt like they were using it to much only because they could.

The adamantium bullet was really disappointing. Even I could see it coming from a mile away. It's not like it even should be able to kill Wolverine.

Couldn't a normal .22 bullet to the ear do the trick, scramble the brain to mush?

They won't. If they did it'd just be Hodor.

Only issues I have were

>Xavier's Death was pretty quick, even though it was sad as fuck
>X-24 in general might have been better done if they had someone else perform it, seeing regular Hugh I feel took a bit away from how jarring it is to see Old, Scarred Hugh, though I guess the comparison kinda worked in the end

That's it really. Fucking loved it regardless, from the opening scene you already know we're finally seeing the Wolverine we've wanted to see for years.

Gambit's dead in the water, New Mutants is a fantasy.

Well, you've got three months while this one runs in theaters, then another say three months after that depending on how well it's doing while they plug the home video versions (and maybe collected box set shit), which takes us to August.

It's possible they could announce something at SDCC, but they'll be unlikely to have a name for you by then. Easier to drive the hype if you know who people would want to see in the role, plus they'll want to sound out how people are going to react to a recast. If it's overwhelmingly negative, the whole thing will quietly go away.

It's I think drawn from a story a few years back - Bucky had a beats-adamantium-bullet to kill Wolverine with, at Wolverine's request. The story there was that the bullet wouldn't just penetrate adamantium, it would be hugely and immediately toxic, even with a healing factor.

But they don't have the whole rights to that, so they fudged it.

I kind of wished Logan and Xavier got to see Caliban one last time before he sacrifices himself.

I'd watch a Multiple Man movie. Could easily cheap out on casting too by making the main character, his best friend, the villain, all his henchmen and the love interest Jamie Madrox.

Charles crying in bed

>Gambit's dead in the water, New Mutants is a fantasy.

They're both in active development. "New Mutants" begins shooting in May.

Postcredit scene?
Deadpool was rumored as post credit scene, taking Laura to the past

No post-credit scene to accentuate how this is the end of an era.

>Sad

Nope and nope. Gambit's been dead since Jupiter Ascending killed their star's star-power, New Mutants is completely imaginary. We're in March now, there's no stars other than a rumor about B-list McAvoy, the Budget Xavier and maybe some of the cast-offs from GoT - but none of the people they have under contract are going to be much use filling theaters, so they won't get called.

Shooting in May when you've got no cast in March is impossible. Can't even do costuming in that space of time - let alone sets and locations.