Shade, the Changing Girl #6 Storytime

This is the conclusion of the first story arc. The story so far can be seen here:

Sup Forums did not like the size of the images, so this is a little smaller than usual

Spoilered ad just in case you have not read Superman today

thanks bae

This probably the weakest variant that the series has had, but the main cover is great

Did you ever have that odd kid who dressed strangely and seemed to live on an entirely different level than everyone else in high school? Maybe you were that kid. Either way, this is how Loma/Shade/Megan has looked for the last few weeks

Worth picking up in trades?

Hopefully it does well in trades. The next two issues solicited seem to be single issue stories. The floppy sales are really bad

Reminder that Megan was an awful person

Thank you. Shade is nice.

I barely know what's going on, but I'm enjoying this series so far.

Speaking of Honey, there is no backup this week, but I think Honey returns next week

Another small reminder that this technically takes place in the DCU

Loma still does not know what she is doing, but she is trying

I'm not sure what River's plan is, but his is enthusastic

*he is enthusiastic

I can see bottom right being used for something

Better enjoy it while it lasts then fag which means not for long.

Megan was one delusional woman

Wait, was this only a mini series, or is it getting canceled?

YA is basically Vertigo 2.0 Canon in Continuity Edition. It's gonna stick because DC thinks it's gonna sell in trades. Also Morrison will put a curse on them if they drop his apprentice Way.

>MAD
>Mutually Assured Destruction

Deep

nothing yet.

It's not supposed to be a mini, but the sales are falling hard. I think the last known numbers are ~13k, which is still almost three times better than any Vertigo title

River is great.

>Say that to my face, not through the madness and see what happens

well this is a twist on that classic Ms. Marvel story

Uh oh.

That's not gonna end well at all. Gotta almost give Megan credit for spiteful creativity, tho.

>Shade is going to get teen pregnant with Megan's evil spirit
This book is great.

i don't get it. is Megan dead? that's pretty fucked up.

No backup this week, probably because this issue seems a little longer than usual

>It's gonna stick
Don't stop believing~

...after all it's all you got.

Next month:

>In this stand-alone issue, Shade begins to ponder what’s next for her on Earth. As the winter dance approaches, she reminisces about high school on Meta, and starts to wonder why she’s putting herself through that kind of hell again. Will she find the perfect dress, or will the dance be a perfect disaster? Plus, an all-new episode of “Life with Honey,” with art by Dan Parent (Kevin Keller).

That's a shame. The back-ups so far have been neat little cherrys on top of the sundae.

Element Girl in particular I would like to see expanded into its own YA book

WEW, Shade looking cute there.

Hot

I gotta disagree, I love this cover.

Just noticed that Way is curating all of Young Animal, that's why it all feels so close.

There is precedent for parts of Shade to err, manifest in babies

Chill-out Mellu

The only way I can support this is by buying trades, pls don't get cancelled

I can't wait until Young Animal gets canceled and incomprehensible garbage like this dies.

>Evil spirit impregnation
Whoah whoah whoah

I OTOH hope this gets a long tenure now the plot is getting properly weird.

Sales are way below cancellation numbers. DC is generally less trigger-happy on the "can it" button than Marvel is, but it's still doing pretty badly.

>Trade isn't coming out until July

Why do you do these things DC?

Or a tumor.

>incomprehensible garbage
I don't even know much about Shade, but this is pretty comprehensible.

Thank you

It's not a mainline DC book, so no.

>When that crazy bitch with brian damage starts fighting nothing

There's a reason they dropped rocks on her.

>last panel
His existence is suffering, just like pandas.

Need Megan distracted? Just flash Teacup in front of her so she starts screeching autistically.

>Hey never tell my parents that I exorcised their real daughter btw

The issue felt a little weak this weak. Probably the weakest from Young Animal so far. It was a little too much of fighting and less of what we've come to expect from this book. Also, the solution was a bit tame.

kek, did she actually get her pregnant somehow or is it just a "If you have a kid, I'll be it" deal?

Honestly, her parents would probably like Shadow more than her. They were afraid of her when they were bringing Shade back from the hospital so they obviously got shittalked as well.

Huh, I thought it was a 6 issue mini series.

Does DC still take years to put out trades so by the time it comes out the series has been canceled as fuck?

>travels through all time and space
>still wants to ruin everyone's lives

teenagers man

Given that the arc ended today and the trade collecting them comes out in July, DC is indeed still horseshit at putting stuff out quickly

I guess this confirms that other people were not seeing all of the things that she was

this whole scene is so messed up

pretty easy to follow dude

Shade, the Bumping Girl

Pretty sure this is someone's fetish

a) what the fuck
b) how the fuck
c) I thought this was the last issue

At least 8 issues, probably enough for a second trade

thanks OP this is by far my favorite book DC is publishing right now

who would be cool to crossover with? I think maybe Green Lanterns or Super Sons

hope DiDio keeps it around for 70 issues, this creative team is awesome together

She's visiting Gotham in issue 8, so we might see some kind of a batfamily cameo (gotta get that Batman sales bump)

So this is the best Young Animal book, right?

that's a great cover, damn

On the other hand, Shade is one of the most maligned of the Vertigo books. DC only out out three small trades a few years ago and cancelled the rest, leaving 41 issues uncollected from Milligan's run

>mfw I was buying Vigilante Rebirth..

but then they'll put out three omnis for it and I'll be happy

200% and it was the one I was most way on before the launch

Yeah, Doom Patrol takes second place.

Dude, that thing had much bigger problems than just low numbers. It had to be pulped and re-rated due to the violence, putting it in the hole almost immediately

It's my favorite at the very least. It's not crawling its way like Doom Patrol and I enjoy the story much more than Cave. I dropped Mother Panic on the first issue.

I think Shade is working the best because it has been the most consistent. I don't think it missed a week or had to be delayed like literally every other YA title. This was the second title to be released, a month after Doom Patrol, and happened to be the first to finish it's introductory arc

Doom Patrol is better, it just never comes out.

It's weird that the team that has barely had any comics experience has managed to hit every deadline. I suspect that Way might be a perfectionist

or a drug addict

So, it will live or die from it's first trade?

so, ugh, I guess we still don't know if Teacup dropped a rock on Megan's head, huh?

It's plausible Megan herself doesn't know who dropped it since she was underwater. Wouldn't it be funny if more than one person dropped it?