youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>still no torrent out yet
>just shitty cam rips

blu ray is out jan
maybe a shitty screener in dec

FUCK literally happened to me/

>Be me
>First day off in 5 days, have to work next 9 days straight for holidays.
>Want to go to kinoplex down the street for a night viewing of BR2049
>Feel like just doing nothing and seeing it today instead.
>Check showtimes after work, A90% JUSTICE league, no BR
>MFW

>Was gunna go watch it
>had no money
>wait till next week
>replaced by thor

Op we knew the day would come to us all like the inevitability of death.....This being far worse

>ywn see this in a kinoplex again

went five times every week it was showing and it stopped showing today.

I meant once every week for five weeks, not five times every week

You have not wasted your youth. Good on you, user.

Can there please be a cinema that just shows the BR movies all year?

I need more pics for my collection.

Saw it this weekend, had to use Fandango just to get a matinee seat.

It's pretty good.

dude orange and blue LMAO

saw it three times over the course of two weeks. i've never done that before but holy fuck was this movie magical and got to me at one of my worst times in my life.

>dude orange and blue LMAO

>ok guys walk a really long distance away from the camera the viewer will think it's art
>in fact lets have the stunt guys do it because they're better at walking and they're cheaper
>at that distance you can't tell anyway
B R A V O
V I L L E N E U V E

>tfw the movie made it's money back and more.

I want more Blade Runner but the ending felt just right for me.

What did she mean by this?

>"I am totally unqualified to review films."

Saw it today and left the theater feeling really lonely.

Anyone who has ever shot something from a distance btfo.

One of the very major plot points is that Rachel (a female replicant) was somehow able to give birth, and Jared Leto's character was obsessed with rediscovering the lost Tyrell tech so that he could monetize and mass-produce replicant wombs (and therefore, more replicants) in favor of natural human female wombs. It's a valid plot point, but it is indeed creepy.

Also, count up the exposed titties and asses you see in the film. Then realize none of them belong to men.

It's a single-minded and somewhat unfair criticism at the end of the day, but it's not without its merits.

sneeed

Pleb

>mfw i just saw it once

tfw everyone leaves the theater in groups/couples except you

They almost didn't let me into the theatre but luckily I bought a woman's jumper from Target on the way so I could pretend I was just waiting for someone else when I bought tickets.

I went with some friends and still felt despair.

The movie is heavily centered on a male character's perspective and its verboten to show women through the eyes of a man.

Got this movie did not hold up a second time, which is something I'd never say about the first film. It has become the defining plebian litmus test of our time; so many of you adore 2049 but think the original is boring.

I finally have a real wish for if I ever open a magic lamp with a genie inside it.

I want my own private IMAX theater for watching Bladerunner 2049, and I'm sure, other movies as well, but mainly Bladerunner 2049.

I also would wish for sex with Camila de Camaro or whomstever that cuban girl on the radio is and eternal life

>so many of you adore 2049 but think the original is boring.
citation needed

why are you so angry that this movie speaks to a lot of us lonely depressed fucks and we just want to treasure this little corner that fits our misshapen body

I loved both, and I haven't got the impression that there's anything but love for both in these threads.

I thought it wasn't financially successful though?

Honestly I don't even think about that sort of thing anymore. Is that bad?

That's fine, just wish it wasn't such an empty and hackneyed movie that speaks to you so. It doesnt deserve the praise.

Can you specify what you think is wrong with it? It follows the same theme as the original, and arguably even better. I take it you're a fan of the original, so why do you like this one so much less?

Still playing three more nights in Tucson.

I don't think it's emotionally very powerful. But neither was the first movie. I appreciate it for what it is, visual art mixed in with great ideas and themes.

This.

lol, only themes that you can relate to are deep and insightful I'm sure

CELLS

Interlinked.

DENIS VILLENEUVE HAS THE STRONGEST MALE GAZE IN HOLLYWOOD

PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING HE FILMS IS LITERALLY RAPE

BIGGEST A LIST SHITLORD DIRECTOR ALIVE

what blue

The most I ever saw a movie in the theater was twice. Maybe once in 2D and once in 3D just to see the comparison.

I saw this one seven times.

DISTINCT

>watching a movie more than once

Successful in this day and age means a massive hit and profits. BR2049 only made back it's face value and therefore is a flop unfortunately.

I had to restrain myself from watching this film anymore than 4 times. And honestly I'd give my left nut to watch it in IMAX

Yeaaahh maybe to the guys who financed it. But it's like a human win for all of us willing to admire it's beauty. It's like a unicorn, this movie. I mean fuck I just can't understand anyone who doesn't like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y

DID YOU SEE A 3D VERSION, REALD?
HOW WAS THE 3D ON THE SYNC SCENE

SAW IT TWICE IN IMAX, MIGHTA GONE AGAIN TO TIE DUNKIRK AT 3 VIEWINGS FOR CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE OF THE YEAR
BUT THEY PULLED IT FOR JIGSAW, FUCKING SAW MOVIE #9

A MOVIE CAN NOT POSSIBLY BE INSULTED WORSE

AT LEAST GET PULLED FOR SOMETHING RESPECTABLE

from what i heard 3D was not anything special, IMAX was the best for this movie. I'm jealous I wish i had time to see it again in IMAX, i want to be shaken by the soundtrack again

YAMARO

Same, I wish they would play the different versions in the theatres maybe make the short films an actual prequel

I agree for once with Rob Ager that most everything good about Blade Runner 2049 was done infinitely better in A.I., too

HEARD THE SAME BUT STILL WANTED TO SEE IF THEY HAD ANY GOOD 3D POPOUT EFFECT IN A REALD SHOWING, EVEN IF THE SCREEN SIZE IS PLEB TIER

DENNY RELEASED IT ON LASER IMAX AS 2D ONLY, DEAKINS SAID HE PREFERS THE 2D VERSION

Blade Runner films are the continental drift of sci-fi. The first one affected everything that came after it and if this one does half as much it will be a seismic event.

Expect more drone kino, solitary men becoming their own heroes exploring harsh landscapes on dangerous missions with their AI waifus and stories about technology making biological 3D piggu women obsolete.

turn off capslock, mane

didn't bother with 3D but was lucky to see it on a big IMAX not that little multiplex IMAX down the road

>Expect more drone kino, solitary men becoming their own heroes exploring harsh landscapes on dangerous missions with their AI waifus and stories about technology making biological 3D piggu women obsolete.

But where do the team ups and cameras spinning around hero poses and quips and blue light beams in the sky fit into this?

Wasn't the entire film shot with I-MAX cameras? There was no switching of aspect ratio with I-MAX viewing like with Nolan films.

haha i literally saw it three times in it's first four weeks

My room mates all saw it separately and I made them take me with them the 2nd and 3rd time, glad I did too because the first viewing I thought K and the memory girl were twins.

no switching

seriously it's a crime how quickly this left IMAX screens

>dreadfully

I partly agree with you. BR49 is the 2017 pleb filter, but i haven't read a single user who thinks the original is boring.

Every time I watch the original Blade Runner I feel like I'm uncovering something new, whereas I think you can comfortably assess almost all of 2049's elements after a single viewing. I would say that while 2049 does expand on the original's themes and ideas in some ways, instead of feeling genuinely inspired it just feels like rote storytelling and feels disappointingly shallow and clunky in comparison. The tone isn't as strange or as beguiling.

If I had to be more specific I'd say everything with Jared Leto's character was overly expository and his characterization felt half-baked, that scene with the army of replicant rebels emerging from the shadows right on cue was just silly, and the character of Luv was just kind of generically crazy. Pris in the original Blade Runner is probably the closest comparison, but she was genuinely strange and frightening in a way that actually felt unique and difficult to categorise. This girl felt more like your run of the mill movie psychopath. Also it doesn't earn its unwieldy length.

Oh, and everyone who says 2049 does a better job of exploring its themes than the original Blade Runner doesn't know what they're talking about. The power of the original lies mostly in the strength of the visual storytelling and how it communicates its heady ideas wordlessly through action and imagery. 2049 mostly just kind of does this in a more easily-digestible way, and its tone isn't as entrancing to me at all. It just means it'll appeals to people who never really got what the original was going for.

Seriously? I see more anons call Blade Runner boring than almost any other movie.

A slightly (slightly) smarter than average mega budget sci-fi blockbuster that's obsessed over by young people who don't watch a lot of movies

Isn't it funny how one of these comes along like every two years?

IT WAS ALL 1.90:1 LASER DUAL 4K PROJECTED WHICH IS THE BEST YOU CAN GET IN DIGITAL, BUT STILL DOESN'T FULLY FILL THE SCREEN ON A TRUE IMAX

DUNKIRK IS FULL FRAME, FLOOR TO CEILING 1.43:1 15/70MM FILM IMAX, THE PHOTOCHEMICAL COLOR 12K RESOLUTION SHIT

THE 2 BEST IMAX EXPERIENCES OF THE YEAR, BUT DUNKIRK IS BETTER BECAUSE ITS SO EXCEEDINGLY RARE, MAY BE THE LAST OF ITS BREED EVER

ANY RETARD CONTRARIAN SHITTER WHO HATES ON BLADE RUNNER 2 MISSED OUT BIGLY
AND NOW ITS LOST IN TIME, LIKE LASER BEAMS GLITTERING ON A HUNDRED FOOT SCREEN, TIME TO DL THE YIFY

I disagree with 95% of your opinion but I agree that the writing for Wallace's character is a weak point of the movie and they're way too heavy handed trying to hammer in the "HE'S GOT A GOD COMPLEX!!!!!" thing and that the stepping out of the shadows shot was awkward.

>ANY RETARD CONTRARIAN SHITTER WHO HATES ON BLADE RUNNER 2 MISSED OUT BIGLY

saw it in imax, thought it was incredible boring. and I love the first one, one of my favorite sci-fis. this one was just dull and pretentious

>I disagree with 95% of your opinion
Any chance you'll elaborate or?

>I want to be real for you

>no actual sex scene

>ITT
>Idiots who didn't see it 5+ times while it was in theatres
>Idiots who missed out on the ultimate kinographic experience of this decade

>THINKING THIS IS A VALID ARGUMENT
YOU HAVE MUCH TO LEARN ABOUT EXPERIENCING CINEMA

I suspect it's more of an age filter. If I was in my 20s still trying to get laid all the time I'd probably think this was a "decent" showing that looked nice at parts but was nothing special and longer than it needed to be.

Now I'm in my 30s I've seen enough sexual dimorphism in the species to know how special this movie is for its sincere light on the invisibility of male emotional suffering, which is only seen as legitimate if he's a hero suffering for others. Men stoically face disposability every day for this reason. We're so low on the hierarchy of love that we'd look for it in a hologram we bought at the store and feel more authenticity in it than from a real women, who evolved biologically to be as adept at emotional illusion as possible. How precious it is to have a memory where you fought for yourself and feel that it was okay.

Of course the memory of the toy horse came from a girl. Did she know how special it was? How many memories do women have of feeling rightfully entitled to their own property? How many do men have of it being wrongfully denied? When have I fought for something of my own so hard, because it was mine? Instead of giving in to being a hero.

I saw it once by myself and then thought I'd see if my dad wanted to see it with me the weekend after but it was already gone then.

>local kinoplex has 10 theaters
>tomorrow it'll only be playing 4 titles
>thor has a theater of its own
>the other two movies are sharing the same one, alternating showtimes
>everything else is nothing but justice league

they're really going all in with this shit

Is it worth seeing it even not in IMAX?

I saw it in normal screen and loved it. Don't have IMAX nearby

What other movies would you put on par with 2049?

the only idiots here are the neckbeards who actually think this generic dross is kino

fuck off back to Sup Forums Genrikh

Good god. If you'd posted this in a thread (or a board) people actually cared about you'd be laughed at. This is fucking pathetic and I weep for Blade Runner's legacy if this is the kind of shit it's going to be associated with.

>a sincere look at the invisibility of male suffering gets you laughed at
No shit. Why do you think I'm more comfortable posting here?

Go be a hero in a thread people care about, if that matters to you.

wtf is up with the sjw backlash about a movie depicting a hyper-sexualized future? Have they noticed that the future in Blade Runner isn't exactly a nice place to live? It's supposed to be a terrible future where humanity has completely fucked up.

Stop being so petulant and foolish. You sound like the kind of people who quote the old "some men just want to watch the world burn" line and mistake your hackneyed comment as philosophy running in deep waters. It isn't.

Different user here. I agree with most of what you wrote, and thanks for writing it. While I concur that the action and imagery (or "world building" really, since the original film was so amazingly detail-oriented that it seemed real), I would add that a lot of the power it held derived from Roy Batty's lines, particularly in the ones which Rutger Hauer ad-libbed or added in himself. While I enjoyed the visual presentation of BR 2049 and the themes it addressed, I was disappointed in how it didn't capture the "more human that human" ethos nearly as well. Luv was a one-dimensional villain, and while Officer K had more nuance and depth, his essential humanity wasn't fleshed out and expressed as well as it should have been in a film of this nature.

yeah, this is what i really dont get

>solitary men becoming their own heroes

But the movie subverts the whole Hero's Journey trope. K didn't beat the Big Bad (Wallace) and he didn't help the resistance. In the end he was a nobody.

>watching BR2049 less than three times

I don't think it was just the presentation of overt sexual gratuity that bothered some, nor even the idea of procreation as commodity, both of which are plot points relevant to this speculative future. It's probably the fact that the humanity of women is cast aside in favor of a computer-generated male fantasy where the "love interest" is essentially a bird in a cage which the man controls at will. Joi's death is presented as being meaningful not because she is destroyed, but because of how it affects Officer K. That aspect is certainly valid, but it's very narrow.

How is Betty "more human than human" more than K? I just don't see it at all.

But K is a slave just like Joi and Luv.

With all due respect, I don't think you watched 2049 closely enough. It's an incredibly deep movie if you pay attention. It, like blade runner, is the type of movie with multiple interlacing themes and ideas that prove and disprove itself.

For instance, Joi. You're led to believe she's real, but she's not. Then you start to question if replicants as a whole are real. And then you start to think maybe not, maybe they're a good simulation, maybe they're like joi as a whole. But that's not really what the movie presents straight up, right?

I agree blade runner is a masterpiece. I agree you get something different from every viewing. I think it's an amazing movie that outperforms even 2049 in some respects. But 2049, I feel, outperforms the original in some respects too, and has a bit more intriguing and a better capacity to captivate my attention through it's incredible imagery and pacing. Idk, it's just great