What the hell kind of logical loophole is this? How could Nolan's understanding of the character be that bad?

What the hell kind of logical loophole is this? How could Nolan's understanding of the character be that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This scene truly is fucking stupid. does Batman honestly not consider himself a killer after this point? because lets be honest Batman is the reason that guy is dead.

Ra's brought about his own death. Nothing Batman said contradicts that.

>Gordon shoots the train tracks
>Ra's destroys the control panel
>somehow Batman is to blame for Ra's death

u wot m8

>replying to your own thread as the first post
How could op understand the bump system so bad?

Didn't Batman destroy it?

Batman was the only person who could save him and left him to die. so he is responsible for his death.

It's dumb because Bruce already killed all those ninjas when he blew up their dojo or whatever. This is why you don't let (((David Goyer))) cowrite your films.

Batman kills people all the time.

OP here. You see a (you)? Fucking retard

No, Batman is not responsible for Ra's death. Just because he could have saved him doesn't mean he was obligated to.

If you can save someone from imminent danger, with little or no risk to yourself, and you don't you just committed manslaughter

He blew up the dojo to get out of there. He said that he was not an executioner, and nothing he did afterwards contradicts that claim. He killed Talia and Two Face, too, but neither was an execution.

>Justice League getting murdered at box office and by critics
>Tries to shit on based Nolan

It would have been risk to himself because he would have to carry a human and get him safely off a speeding train moments before it crashes. Absolutely was in danger

If you see someone jump onto the sub tracks are you responsible for what happens next?

>If you can save someone from imminent danger, with little or no risk to yourself, and you don't you just committed manslaughter

According to what laws in what country?

Do you remember when those teenagers recorded a video of a man drowning and did nothing but laugh at him and insult him? They got charged with "failure to report a dead body."

You have no legal basis for your claim.

>cut someone's breaks
>refuse to save them as they speed off a cliff
m8 he had Gordon shoot down the rails. ra's death is entirely on him
>you're not a killer if you don't literally put people's heads on a block and chop them off

>According to what laws in what country?

Entirety of Europe actually.

it's the trolley problem loophole

Strawman argument. Not an executioner =/= not a killer.

Sucks to be in Europe, I guess.

>Sucks to be in Europe, I guess.
Well I would say it sucks more to die on the curb with people taking selfies and laughing at you, and not having the duty to call an ambulance or assist you in any other way.

But what do I know.

That sucks, too, but if one did not cause another mortal peril, they have ZERO obligation to save that person from danger.

Sorry you live in a third world country that forsakes freedom.

if i grabbed the person on the tracks then said to him "i don't have to save you" before leaving him then yeah.

That literally makes zero sense. Saying something doesn't make somebody responsible for another's saftey.

Are you guys retarded?
Nolan's films have nothing to do with Batman, he just uses batman to explore right wing philosophy.

This film is clearly about the idea of libertarian beliefs. Gotham = corrupt democrat cities. Chaos from Scarecrow = retarded ancaps, while batman = principled small government individualist

he was right there easily able to save him.

he's partly responsible because batman knew his lack of action would kill him.
it wouldn't have fucking mattered if batman killed him on the train because 5 seconds later he let him die there is no difference but Nolan probably thought it was genius.

>if i grabbed the person on the tracks
This is the important part.

>GOYer
>Jew
It's like you don't know anything.

Irrelevant whether the person was touched or not.

reminder

As weird as it is to see Batman pointing a gun. It's intimidating as fuck that he can point, fully align the sights and finger the trigger an M60 with one hand.

i had the nightfall series when it came out

good times

If someone was hanging of the side of a cliff and you don't reach out to help them, yeah, you're kinda responsible for their death.

Unless I pushed them off that cliff, I am not in anyway responsible for their death. Being able to stop something is not the same thing.

People have been complaining about this line since the movie came out

And those people are still retarded 12 years later.

For anyone who says this line isnt stupid I encourage you to not save someones life when its fully in your capacity to do so. Make sure there are witnesses. When you get thrown in jail for having a cold heart you will understand

battfleck is a jaded old batman whose robin's face got smashed in by the joker

b-but bro i didn't actually do anything so im NOT responsible at all.

lol

You seem to have ridiculous misconceptions about Good Samaritan laws. Also, nobody would care that a piece of shit like Ra's Al Ghul died.

He breaks so many laws already. What does he care. He did not have to save him. He tried to save his life before and then Ra's tried to kill a million people. After that why should he try again.

Let's face it Ra's already once escaped what looked like certain death on another night he might have survived the train crashing.

Batman looked stupid while shooting parademons in Justice League.

>presenting the trolley problem
>literally on a trolley
Bravo Nolan.

Why didn't he use the same retarded logic for the Joker at the end of TDK?

Batman shoots to disarm

ras' will come back to life hes killing no one

First of all, the logic isn't retarded. I am still waiting to find a convincing argument to the contrary. Second, Batman threw the Joker off that building, so your point does not even apply.

Because the Joker was really testing his resolve. It's obvious by then that Batman's been at it a few months or even years and crime has suffered but nobody is dying or at least he isn't killing them. Joker was pushing him to kill him to break his rule to show that joker would win and every man can be broken. Joker himself doesn't even realise how strict batman is about his no kill rule until the scene on the bike where he crashes just to avoid hitting him.

Shit even Bruce isn't sure of it until the last minute. That's what makes batman more interesting to me. It's not that he goes out of his way to save them it's that he goes out of his own w as y to not kill them.

Which is why I hate man of steel so much. If a man with as little power as batman can bring himself to not kill anyone that Superman has to resort to it will forever disgust me with that movie.

batman threw him off, meaning he's directly responsible for his death

with r'as the guy was literally just on a train that was going to crash (which he orchestrated by the way), batman isn't obligated to do shit

it shows superman was human after all

>if someone does something differently than America that means they're wrong and anti-FREEDOM
You're literally a self-parody at this point, americucks

You are arguing for the restriction of free will. Do you not see the irony in your post?

Batman destroyed the control panel, remember he said "who said anything about stopping it?" And then ras saw that the panel was stabbed

Okay you can use some logic loophole for the first movie. but he literally killed two face when he pushed him off the building.

I'd be okay with it if it were logically consistent. He doesn't feel the need to save Liam Neeson, but then in the sequel, a similar situation is happening where the Joker is falling to his death, and Batman makes sure to save him from falling.

Or hell, even at the beginning of Batman Begins, Bruce refuses to execute the criminal, and instead retaliates and... basically blows up the compound and kills a fuckton of his fellow ninjabros

multi track drifting?

Batman actually kills in every single one of his film adaptations save Mask of Phantasm.

People only had an issue with it in BvS for some reason.

>Sup Forums would have gone to jail in the Seinfeld finale

Good show, lads.

Batman wants to MURDER Superman in BvS. 100% unjustified murder.

>Gordon shoots the train track as part of Batman’s plan
>Somehow Batman is in no way complicit in the speeding train crashing.

2deep4u

In bvs he just wants to murder people and kills people weaker than him.

>What the hell kind of logical loophole is this?

its called the "bad guy may or may not return in a future movie" loophole

>I tell you to punch you in the face as part of my plan
>Somehow I am responsible for you punhcing yourself

Nothing you listed was logically inconsistent.

>this is what liberals actually believe
PAY FOR MY HEALTHCARE

In A Death in the Family he let the Joker go down in a helicopter rather than save him.

batman is a libertarian, you can't force people to act to save lives

he's a fucking superhero

You are in favor of letting a man die while mocking him. Just for muh fredums. That's plain evil.

>When you get thrown in jail for having a cold heart

So what you're saying is that Batman doesn't have a cold heart?

I am arguing in favor of free will. You are arguing in favor of fascism.

Gordon = Ras. Bravo

That's human rights. Deal with it you oppressed faggot.

Because tone is everything. Burton, Schumacher and Nolan all remembered to use levity, whereas Snyder was just doom and gloom to a ludicrous level.

>finger the trigger
I'm wet

>see someone fall into track
>go out of your way to jump down onto the tracks after them
>grab them
>"I don't have to save you"
>climb back up alone and let them get run over

Kek

>defends retarded plot hole
>calls others retarded
state of nolan fanboys

nolan never truly "got" batman and was just using a comic skin to make crime movies

the fact that batman retired for 8 years in between TDK and TDKR shows how wrong nolan's interpretation of batman was

batman WOULD save ra's on the train, it's what he does

Pretty much. By the end, Nolan's disdain for capeshit was tangible. How else can you explain making a 150-minute long Batman movie with only 12 minutes of Batman in it?

It's a moral virgin logic. He is that kind of guy who is pull the lever, but do nothing, the FatMan.

Batman killed quite a few people in this trilogy.

I honestly think Batman should have caved in and killed the Joker at the end of the Dark Knight so he could have an actual redemption in TDKR looking back.

Yeah the ending to TDKR made no sense. “Now that I’ve stopped an arbitrary amount of crime in Gotham, it’s time for me to go do what I’ve always wanted to do, drink wine under the Tuscan sun, eat pasta, fuck models and get fat.” Real Batman dies on the job or keeps going until he physically can’t do it anymore

the dark knight is a fucking harvey dent/joker movie with batman as a guest character/audience insert

it's fucking laughable and disgusting how everybody loves it because muh heath overdosed

begins is his only good one

>implying unnecessary, unintended deaths and necessary, intended deaths are the same
at least moralvirgin is better than having been infected with this STD

youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

Thanks for posting that, reddit.

To be fair he got JGL to take over his job, but they should have just cut to black with Alfred looking up.
Man I remember making this same post like 5 years ago when it came out.

This whole storyline is weakened by the fact that he didn't actually kill abattoir

and then in the sequel he goes out of his way to save an even WORSE guy. then kills Harvey a little later.

Not even being thrown in jail, but I imagine just living with the guilt of not saving someone you very clearly could have saved is just as bad as killing them with your own two hands.
This scene was fucking retarded.

Joker could be jailed. Zod could not.
Joker wanted to kill Batman's resolve. Zod wanted to kill millions.
Joker was all but captured. Zod was on the verge of killing innocents.
They are in no way comparable.

Remind me again how your country deals with Muslim child rapists? Oh yeah, they don't because it's "protected religious practice" and the entirety of EU it so cucked they literally continue to allow more refugees in. You and your country are a fucking joke.

Batman would be putting his own life at too great of a risk trying to save him?

??? In the first case it is not a necessary to kill the one, in the second case it is not a necessary to kill the fat one.

While you dick around on the internet, starving youths in Africa are dying. Because of you!

Yeah? Well youre a doodoohead! Fuck stupid smelly Hack Snyder Superman movie! At least Marvel is colorful and it inspires me to make wicked badass fingerpaintings! Mn of Steel made me use my brain-thing and I dont like that. Not. One. Bit.