All joking aside, Paul Allen did have the best card

All joking aside, Paul Allen did have the best card.

They all look the same, that's the joke

>that watermark

Hnnnnngggg

How does it feel to be blind?

>offbytwo
>offbyone

Maybe to a pleb it does. The font difference really matters.

Imagine being this much of a plebeian

Allen > Bateman > Van Patten > Bryce

t. brainlet

I'd wager

Allen > Bateman = Van Patten > Bryce >>>>>>>>> clubs with no good stalls to do coke in >>>>>>>> Carruthers

Let's see Paul Allen's 4

Where the fuck is the water mark Bateman sperg'd on about? I don't see anything.

check em

let me try

The only thing Paul Allen's card does better is the adress, everything else Batemans wins.

Fpbp
You retards don't understand all the movie mocks superficial values in corporate world.

Bear in mind that it's kinda skewed because the image quality of Bateman's card is superior in that pic (sorry, everyone)

lemme

Nice.

I like Bateman's font, Van Patten's bold text distinguishing his name, and Allen's color.

Bryce's card is just shit.

If you actually think that any one of the cards is somehow better than the others, you're exactly the kind of braindead yuppie this movie is mocking.

Gay dude had the best card.

>Pierce &Pierce

>he doesn't care about the small details that go in to everything

>AQUISITIONS

Surely I'm not the first to notice this??

>Patrick BATEMAN
>Pierce &Pierce
>No texture

He has a nice font but that's it.

Trademark issues?

No, because it's a made-up company anyway.

More like the prop maker can't spell and can't even use a spell checker.

I wonder if that was intentional: Paul Allen's card was actually fucked up, but Bateman couldn't see that for his insecurity.

You are not.

look, we've been over this

pleb: bateman, allen
contrarian: van patten
patrician: bryce

t. user who's been analyzing american psycho business cards with other anons on Sup Forums since the board's inception

Seth Rogen has the best card

They're all fucked up. All 4 of them say that.

Obviously I don't mean real world trademark issues, but that because it's a common practice for companies to do this irl it's just a nice detail.

WHY THE FUCK IS THE FIRST NAME SMALLER TEXT

Van Patten is an absolute shit. I am surprised he didnĀ“t have "vice president" in cursive.

last names are more important to remember in business

Nice touch actually. I'll do that to my resume.

>Patrick BATEMAN
literally all of them do this.

Impressive

Van Patten is an untasteful nitwit, what do you expect?

Alright fellas, let's see some bananas and nuts.

There's a difference between being a moron that can't see the differences between the cards and a yuppie who cares.

allen>bryce>bateman>patten

switch allen and bryce and this is correct

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE dubs

This is superior.

Except Bryce has the worst card.

Why the fuck is acquisitions spelled wrong lol

>Implying superficial values aren't rooted in actual distinction

Just because it's superficial doesn't mean there isn't a difference between the tall blonde girl with big tits, and the ugly old woman with a PhD.

I don't see it

How does based Carruthers card look anything like Paul Allen's?

Its intentional to show that they don't notice actual details like misspellings but obscure shit like the watermark

Bateman had the best card

If you look at his card when he shows it you'll notice that the type is impressed into the paper, meaning they were printed on a letterpress. This method (out of all the cards presented) is highly revered in the printing industry for being the "old school" way of printing, i.e. the way it was done back when printing was an art. You have to manually set each letter of type including the spacing in between letters (kearning) and words (leading) using thin sheets of lead/metal, and you have to do it totally in reverse. Then once the "matrix" is set up, you have to slowly print them on heavy old (amazing) pieces of machinery, all the while manually inking, removing finished impressions and babysitting the entire process. It's tedious and expensive yet the finished process speaks for itself.

The others had simple cards printed on basic, modern litho presses, save for Bryce's cards which were litho printed and thermo-raised (which is basically a process of sprinkling powered plastic dust to the wet ink then heated under an element that raises the text slightly off the card). It's basically a conveyor belt/automated process that you can stick on the end of your press, it's not expensive or classy (IMO). The only other way you can get "raised" ink is to print them on a intaglio/gravure press (the kind US currency is printed on), but his cards definitely since printing business cards on a intaglio press is completely unheard of due to how expensive it would be to get engraved plates solely for Business Cards...

In short, Bateman was foolish to be jealous, he had the "big dick" business cards. Although on a side note, if you look at his card there was about 1/8" of space from the text to the left edge of the card, and 1/4" space on the right. Whoever cut his cards sucked :oP

It's not that there isn't a difference, but it's the fact that such a trivial and miniscule thing such as a presentation card is given this importance in the world, and by discussing such miniscule stuff you are just falling for it. Maybe there is one with a better overall design, but the movie didn't made them for you to actually try and solve this problem (considering that Bateman literally tells you which one is the best looking), but to expose the ridiculous shit humans get obsessed about. I suppose everyone just having fun here, but it's weird how some people seem to be more interested in which card is better to a point of actually constructing arguments for their decision.

>Pierce &Pierce

Every fucking time

What about Carruthers card?

>Lol the world would be better if we all just got along and stopped caring about the small stuff

I was just pointing out some irony retard.

uh, why does that make you angry?

Mergers and Aquisitions started the company with Pierce and Pierce.

Fuck that exfoliating gel scrub, herb mint facial mask, moisturizer, anti-aging eye balm finished by a final moisturizing protective lotion is really paid dividends.

Why tf do they put the "P" next to the "&" symbol??? It makes me cringe really hard user.

No you posted a plebbit tier interpretation of the film being about the 'meaningless trivialities narcissistic yuppies fill their lives with' which reveals a lot about your views and sentiments of the world. When we analyse art we reveal ourselves in the process.

My interpretation of the film says that Patrick Bateman is an anti-heroic character, the point isn't that all these details are meaningless, the true realisation is that PEOPLE are meaningless. He spent all this time participating in this haute lifestyle out of a desire to impress people, ultimately the moral of the film is that people aren't worth impressing. Even when you impress someone the very act of impressing them lowers your own view of them. So ultimately the business cards and their aesthetics were all that really mattered.

I unironically like Van Patten's the most. The way his name looks bolder than the other words just feels beautiful to me. Bryce's background is what makes his number 2 for me. Next is Bateman; I enjoy the smooth texture of it. It just feels so comfortable, despite the &Pierce mistake. Paul Allen's card is overrated. Looks washed up and too light.

Process doesn't matter because the end product and how it looks is what people will notice. Problem is that you can't truly evaluate the cards fully since you can't actually touch the cards and feel the letters, and instead can only speculate how they would feel.

>Who you calling pinhead?

Fuck me, that gold inlay just pops.

Well, you revealed yourself as an edgelord so that's that.

Van Patten > Allen > Bateman > Bryce
this is the only correct answer.

My homie

>Calls people on Sup Forums edgelords

Why do you even come to this site?

Underage and Newfag, sad!

straights btfo

formerly -----'-

When did Telex stop being a thing?

Obviously,
Allen>Van Patten>Bryce>Bateman

Bateman was a loser, he couldn't even get a reservation at Dorsia.