Essential movies which bring your soul back to its source

>essential movies which bring your soul back to its source.

amen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pCKwtUXyU1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

amen

If you sympathized with Andrew Garfield's character then you didn't understand the film

The Tree of Life, The New World, ie. most Malick

Someone explain the ending to me. I get that he still believed but I don't get why.

Seems like he had lost all his reasons to keep practicing. And was kichijiro supposed to be Jesus?

For once I feel the Japan was closer. Not so far away

If a character isn't sympathetic in any way, then it isn't a good character.

Faith?

kichijiro is Christian

Doesn't he sell out his faith, though? Like Nesson?

I don't think it's possible unless you literally give up your faith. The only people who knew he still had it were Garfield and God.

This movie slowly grew on me. It motivated me to read some Japanese history. I hope one day i can tell people that I have found something about myself inside this movie.

Christianity doesn't have to be like what I thought it was.

But wasn't the whole point of the final act that Inoue broke him? When he's in Ferreira's cage with the people upside down outside? I didn't really understand what Rodrigues was saying there

They stopped icons from coming to the hands of hidden Christians and prevented further loss of lives

They probably killed the smugglers though

south korean kino

>broke him

you cant really break faith

youtube.com/watch?v=pCKwtUXyU1k

it was good christfag, but not that good. take it easy

Wrong. So wrong.

Pride is one of the deadly sins. This is why Rodriguez has to step on the fumi-e instead of being martyred. He wanted to be martyred for the glory and also just to avoid having to deal with complex issues. For him, it was the easy way out, unlike the Japanese converts who had no choice in the matter. Rodriguez had gotten to a point where being a "true Christian" had interfered with his ability to actually hold to Christian tenets, and adopting the role of someone helping wipe out Christianity in Japan is part of his penance.

Andrei Rublev
The Seventh Seal/Bergman's 'trilogy of silence'
Ordet
Diary of a Country Priest
This, especially ToL and TTRL