Kill It With Fire

Disney needs to fire everyone at Marvel that makes creative decisions. Marvel owns a vast library of characters and concepts that multiple generations of editors, writers and artists have developed and they managed to be proper caretakers of those properties. They crafted stories for the audiences that they actually had and were successful at it.
It is my theory that todays creative people at marvel do not tell stories for the audience they actually have but instead for an audience they want to exist. they are not caretakers of iconic properties but are instead butchering them on chopping blocks of their own narcissisms and politics.
Think about this. These characters went through the hippy era, Vietnam, disco, the Reagan revolution, the roaring 90s and 9/11. The entire time they mostly remained the same characters that made them iconic. Todays creators are guilty of gross negligence and have soured an entire fanbase. The only solution is to replace every single one of them that are not creative enough to do what their predecessors managed to do: entertain readers without personal politics and agendas, respecting the iconic status of those properties, and respecting readers that actually spend money on their comic books.
Fire them Disney. They are hacks. They will destroy decades of hard work if you do not.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/06/17/the-pakistani-american-marvel-editor-who-is-trying-to-make-comic-books-more-diverse/
vox.com/2015/11/19/9757682/sana-amanat-marvel
makers.com/blog/be-the-hero-sana-amanat
youtube.com/watch?v=OmuzyWC60eE
linkedin.com/company/marvel-entertainment
desuarchive.org/co/thread/87986373/#87986373
glassdoor.com/Reviews/Marvel-Entertainment-Reviews-E3929.htm
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kind of agree. The writers aren't very good, the artists are decent-webcomic-tier at BEST, and the editors just straight-up are not doing their jobs.

There needs to be some kind of thorough scrubbing of the place at this point. There's definitely a handful of good books, but damn if it's not drowned out by the shitty ones.

Its the worst Ive ever seen it and i collected during the collapse after the Image guys left. until now the books marvel put out after that were the worst.

Naw, just get rid of Bendis and Leth and it'll be just fine.

tl;dr

Kill all women

I don't understand how they went from being flawless during the entire 1980s to suddenly declining right at the start of 1992.

They lost like 8 of the best selling artists at the same time when they bolted to form Image. it took years for them to recover, (mostly because they did the spidey clone saga).

Kill all tripfags

Marvel has never been good.

How many of these Marvel/Disney bait threads are we going to have? They're just open invitations for Sup Forums shitposting

As many as Sup Forums and Sup Forums want, Sup Forumsmrade. This is their board now...

/sign

Agreed, a top down evaluation is needed

No excuse for this shit, comics have potential to go big and nobody's taking it. This is a waste of brand synergy

Exactly. It is atrocious mismanagement of multi-billion dollar properties. I have never known Disney to allow creators to act like this.

This is literally TOTALLY Sana Amanat's fault. She's currently in charge of what happens with all their IPs. Axel gave her free reign after her pet project Ms Marvel did OK.

Marvel is now run by an SJW Muslim. That's the real reason everything sucks.

washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/06/17/the-pakistani-american-marvel-editor-who-is-trying-to-make-comic-books-more-diverse/

vox.com/2015/11/19/9757682/sana-amanat-marvel

makers.com/blog/be-the-hero-sana-amanat

>As a child and budding teen, Amanat was touched and inspired to find a "strong black beautiful woman, a man in a wheelchair" on the pages of comic books — characters who were being celebrated as people who mattered, and people who were strong.

>Amanat values inclusion above all else, and her current work now as Marvel Comics Director of Content & Character Development allows her to continue to work for inclusive storytelling for all readers, regardless of their race, age, gender, or beauty.

>"Everywhere I looked, particularly in the media and pop culture, were versions of people that looked nothing like me," Amanat said. "What happens is when you see that, you think that you're not worthy enough, or you're not good enough, or you're not normal, really."

i didnt know this. yep...its her fault.

this.

certainly get rid of bendis. don't know who leth is

objectively false. i hate the big two's monopoly but that's wrong, user

We have but one currently relevant character that has been left unsoiled. But why? Mental illness? He's a jew?

Hes trans-personality.

Leth is a unimportant SJW, who is quitting Big 2 comics anyway.

>flawless during the entire 1980s

That's factually untrue, you're forgetting Secret Wars.

Until DC picks her up and gives her Batgirl or the Killer Frost solo.

>Marvel is now run by an SJW Muslim.

Oh man, you Sup Forums kids will go to any ridiculous length for a Muslim conspiracy theory, won't you?

This is Ike Perlmutter. Ike is the CEO of Marvel. He's also a direct advisor to Donald Trump and contributed money to his campaign. But please keep rationalizing your "MARVEL IS AN EVUL SJW CONSPIRACY" stories. The rest of use could use a good laugh.

Pretend Batman has never been relevant.

how is batman relevant? the character is from 1939

Until the mods get off their asses, and do something about it.

>it's a muslim's fault for trying to not be oppressed when 9/11 was an inside job

yeah i don't like it either but this is what happens. people push back from rampant fascism and bigotry

youtube.com/watch?v=OmuzyWC60eE

Secret wars 1 was awesome to a 13 year old like i was then. that was the book i couldnt wait for.

Why would Mods have to do something about a thread that discusses what we think is wrong with Marvel? marvel is not infallible. they deserve scrutiny.

Age of Apocalypse was good. calm the fuck down

I had forgotten all about AoA. That was a good series back then.

not much jewishness when he's worshipping and doing the bidding of an ancient pagan egyptian god in his mind

>We have but one currently relevant character that has been left unsoiled
And his latest series is fucking ending soon too (at least under Lemire). I really hope somebody else can jump on or we got a new ongoing sometime within the next couple of years.

It still is. Did you know that Mike Carey did X-Calibre?

Mike Carey has done pivotal character development for two of my favorite X-Men of all time. Beast and Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler in X-Calibre which influenced Remender's take on him, and Carey wrote "Endangered Species" which depicted Beast's longing to save mutancy and take every action necessary to solve a problem

>The entire time they mostly remained the same characters

Holy shit, the Casual faggotry is strong with this one.

They "remained the same characters?" Really? Because Marvel first replaced Captain America in 1987. They replaced Iron Man (with a black character, no less) all the way back in '83. Plenty of other Marvel heroes have been swapped out and restored, too. It's not a new thing.

And every time it happens, some nostalgia-blinded crybabies would come along predicting that Marvel was DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED if they didn't fire every single person working there, because change is scary and bad. And somehow, Marvel survived despite ignoring their advice.

Disney being hands off should be a good thing...In this case sadly not.

it always is lol. I don't knw why they always sperg out when they could just call a spade a spade and type "marvel dumpster fire, discuss."

I lived through those changes. You forgot Thor Thunder Frog. at no point did marvel even pretend those were planned permanent changes. In comparison, when they were unveiling these new changes they made a point to declare these would be the faces and stars of Marvel for the next 25 years.

Remember when we were terrified Disney would ruin Marvel? Now I really think only Disney can save Marvel from itself.

Is Gail Simone not relevant anymore?

Marvel as a evil Jewish Conspiracy doesn't seem much better.

Isn't she the one writing Fempool for DC?

linkedin.com/company/marvel-entertainment

someone get a job there and fix everything!

You mean Harley? That's by the Power Girl creative team.

You must have missed this thread last year:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/87986373/#87986373

>It’s a really sad place to work despite being regarded publicly amongst the most high energy brands in the world. I’ve never met a more dejected, down trodden group in my entire career. Full of underpaid staff who’ve worked there so long I’m convinced they either can’t get another job and/or are obsessed with comics as evidenced by the stampede whenever there’s an internal sale full of leftover product that nobody wanted to buy at Disney World. Ego’s run really high and boasts of working at Marvel for 30+ years(as if that’s something to be proud of) run rampant.

>One of the cheapest places I’ve ever worked despite Box office BILLIONS. Toilet paper is a privilege, the kitchen has no coffee, and the microwave belongs in a museum — it doesn’t even spin on the bottom. The noisy industrial water machine, complete with little clear cups like the drug test urine ones, is broken at least twice a month. Get used to seeing “Caution, Slippery floor” cones since they’ve yet to repair the leaky pipe underneath the kitchen sink. Everything is on its last leg.

>Extremely paranoid work environment. Your computer is handicapped from doing anything except your actual job. They blocked the internet once, in general, for “security reasons”. They also send test spam e-mails to try and trick employees into clicking spam links only to reprimand anyone who may have accidentally fallen for it. Company wide e-mails were sent saying anyone who failed the spam exam would be “targeted”, though thankfully we never found out what that actually meant. Also if a celebrity happens to walk around the office, don’t look them directly in the eye or engage them in any way — people have gotten fired for doing so.

glassdoor.com/Reviews/Marvel-Entertainment-Reviews-E3929.htm

how the fuck does it happen that psychos run everything? what the hell is up with that? everywhere i turn, people in positions of authority lose their damn minds

Man you don't know anything about Sup Forums do you?

Perlmutter is a JEW. Sup Forums blames the jews for trying to destabilize the west by getting muslims to immigrate and by gettting sjw's to be outraged and riot.

so a jew using an sjw muslim to run part of his company makes complete sense to a Sup Forums user, you fucking idiot.

the whole conspiracy is in simple terms, is that the jews only breed with jews. jews have the highest iq of any group. jews control the world and want whites to breed with non-whites so there is no longer a threat of nazism ever again. its also why transgenders and gays (mainly males) are promoted in the media, so there are less whites breeding in the long run.

>These characters went through the hippy era, Vietnam, disco, the Reagan revolution, the roaring 90s and 9/11. The entire time they mostly remained the same characters that made them iconic.
that is a whole fucking problem on its own bud

Right, Connor or some such name that starts with C, what's this Simone written recently that I'm probably not aware of?

yeah, i definitely did miss it.

sounds like the workers are being arbitrarily punished for something.

dude.

IBM and General Motors worked with the 3rd Reich. Hitler sent jews to israel in the transfer agreement

Moses married an ethiopian woman.

zionists are the problem. calm the fuck down.

As much as I hate to say it...
Sup Forums was right again

Clean Room
Which I hear is good. But I think it's ending soon?

OP. just stop reading Marvel. After a few months you wont know or care what's going on in their universe and you will be happier for it

Did this years ago, the movie are enough for me at the moment

Only Marvel book I've read since is Conway's Renew Your Vows

>They're just open invitations for Sup Forums shitposting

Oh fuck off you cunt. We can bitch about Marvel because it's fucking garbage

DC picked up [UNSOLICITED OPINONS ON ISRAEL] and she made Bombshells which is decent. I doubt they'd pick up somebody actively worse than the already bad writer of Batgirl. Besides, Leth hates DC and has written about that fact before, and being a fag on social media is enough to get you blacklisted from DC.

Batgirl I get, but I don't know why you think she'd be suited for Killer Frost though.

Gail may be an SJW but she's an actual writer, unlike most Marvel writers. Plus she's written enough giantess fetish pandering to cancel out any tumblrism and make her /ourgal/.

>Amanat values inclusion above all else

YOU SHOULD VALUE WRITING GOOD STORIES ABOVE ALL ELSE. If that story stars a pansexual transgender toaster-kin muslim, I couldn't give a shit, so long as it's actually GOOD. Fucking GOD, these hacks. This is what happens when you let your politics control your creative endeavors.

Ike the kike, man. He's back at the helm, which means that he wants to boil the company down to one man in a poorly-ventilated room signing merchandising contracts and IP rentals. He can't do that without running the company into the ground.