Alien: Covenant

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

syfy.com/syfywire/fan-splices-together-prometheus-and-alien-covenant-for-epic-sci-fi-odyssey
youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nothing, it was pretty good and didn't try to be anything more than what it was; an alien slasher flick

shitting on Alien AND Prometheus at the same time

The faggots & the racemixing.

Everything that was wrong with the first movie, and not fixed in the followup

The director is bored of the aliens and wanted to do a weird robot movie

I hope they let him next time, Alien is dead

A lot

>dude i loved Elizabeth, she rebuilt me so i killed her lmao
also this horrible bitch

Same thing that went wrong with the new X-men. They focused the movie on a dumb character just because the actor is famous and will help pull a crowd. It should never have been about the dumb robots wondering if their real, it should have been a horror flick about landing on a planet infested with Aliens.

But Alien is much more than an Alien slasher flick

Anything after Alien II.

The characters need to be dumb for this movie to work. It makes nosense to stop a planned mission to explore another planet.

Also, there's no drone in Alien universe, right?

The correct answer, if they really wanted to explore, was to sent drones and create catalogs of everything, send this information to earth, use protection gear to enter this world, look for germs, bacterias, other possible life that could thread humans... anyway.

It only works because the characters are dumb, just like Prometheus.

based

>*Anything after Alien

FTFY

>lets go off mission to this other planet
>lets not wear fucking protective environmental gear
I know you have to infect somebody, but you don't have to be so fucking lazy with it. Any colonization mission would have sent down tons of drones to make sure the planet was safe before anyone set foot on the planet.

Fuck this movie was so bad it makes Prometheus look good by comparison.

This is actually the most solid criticism I've heard.

This was the most egregious non-character I've seen all year and I stand by this even walking out of JUSTice league.

There's NOTHING to her besides being the voice of reason among retards.

But Alien 3 (Assembly) is the best

absolutely incorrect. it failed the easiest genre

this movie was mindbogglingly retarded, should be the biggest piece of evidence that ridley scott is senile

Just about everything.

People talk about the message and moral and stuff but I got the exact same message and moral from a 3 minute Youtube video where cockroaches gave live birth while getting eaten by ants. That didn't cost money to see and it didn't cost money to make and it didn't overstay it's welcome.
I get it creation is creepy, fuck off.

>tfw you don't see somebody make nearly the exact same argument you made, two minutes earlier

It's really true.

Everything on an alien planet should be treated like it's poison. Tree, grass, bushes, even rocks because no human body has ever come in contact with it.

You know how some people are lactose-intolerant? It's because humans just started drinking milk only a few thousand years ago and our bodies haven't entirely adjusted to it.

Someone more scientific can correct me, but wouldn't everything on an alien planet from plants, fruit, pollen, etc be inedible or completely hazardous?

>I need to wash up

Worst part of the movie for me. I don't know why I didn't walk out.

Yes... and I was like...

"Okay, there's an evil android that's just like the other one that's good. They fought... and no one say the end result... how can I trust that this android is not the evil one?"

I was like that all the time. I would've deactivated the robot and cancelled the mission. Specially after the Alien thing inside the ship. The ambient was contaminated.

Yes, it would take 7 years to go back to earth, but they could've take shifts in piloting the ship. This movie doesn't make sense, the same thing happened in Prometheus.

I don't think it necessarily would be, but it absolutely could be. Tons of testing and shit would be needed to be done.

>Cutting entire scenes and putting them on Youtube to be viewed separately

Alien=Alien: Isolation > Everything else

I didn't like Prometheus much but i found the prospect of exploring the space jockeys pretty cool.
Then this movie went and buried that one interesting thing as if it was joking about it, and just delivered more of the bad parts of Prometheus, again.

the whole film could and should have been the first act of something else

>it was pretty good
There's no way you actually believe this.

>egregious

i wish people would get over this word, especially people who use it incorrectly.

Alien Isolation is the proper sequel

Why did James Franco's girlfriend look like a slightly more feminine JGL?

>*Anything after the initial Alien storyboards

FTFY

Covenant is a piece of shit. Hated every character and hated the plot

I HATED HER SO MUCH! FUCK YOU FOR KILLING OFF RAPACE

autism

Title: ALIEN Story: 90% about AI and their trust issues; 10% oh shoot don't forget to include the alien.

>What went wrong?

People complain and crying because Blomkamp tweet some ridiculous concept arts about a Aliens sequel. Some normies was excited about it and start shitting on this movie because Ridley is evil.

you mean ridley crying that people wanted blomkamp's sequel over his?

Ridley Scott is a hack and hasn't made anything good in at least a decade.

This movie made Prometheus look good

>Continuing the story from Prometheus whilst forcing you watch the prologue linking the two films on youtube
>Nonsensical actions from the characters
>The only characters with personalities being the droids
>Not enough Aliens nor Engineers
>Rehash of destroying the big bad Alien by shooting it out of the ships butthole
>Ridley Scott forcing his pseudo-intellectualism into a slasher film
>Female protagonist is off-brand Ripley
>Garbage CGI

Wheatposting

Loved this meme desu.

Giving a fuck was a mistake.

genuinely angry this movie was such forgettable shit because it meant wheatposting couldn't stick around

would still watch the next one for mikey assbenda

>Walter
>Forgettable

He died for our sins.

The characters are just fucking dumb and show ZERO professionalism for their quite responsible job.

walter was the most convincing AI in the franchise i think

It's a unnecessary sequel which bring barely anything new to the table, it should have been one movie spliced with Prometheus to cut down all the shitty characters to a minimum.

There's a fan edit out there that does exactly that. It's actually really good.

Kill yourself

Less James Franco is always a good thing

Where?

syfy.com/syfywire/fan-splices-together-prometheus-and-alien-covenant-for-epic-sci-fi-odyssey

the google drive link still works to download, just not to stream

Yup. Really enjoyed it.

Alien needs a Villeneuve movie and this is the ultimate truth.

Unless shit is actively entering the body (barring the spores), I don't think the body would immediately react to foreign things as toxic.

youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA

Its in my top 10 of the year. At no 9 admittedly but still.

This. I liked it too.

no, if the atmosphere isn't hazardous trees, fruit and pollen wouldn't be. The foreign bacteria may be.

a senile old hack that was butthurt that aliens is more popular then alien. tried to redo the canon and failed horrible with his lame gary stu androids shit

They should have known that "Country Roads" was actually a warning. There's nothing in West Virginia but incest and black lung disease

Guys, I have Fane with a poison weapon. I don't understand. How the fuck does this thing work? I hit an enemy and it gets poisoned, so if I hit him again I make literally 0 damage.

Does it has sense to tell Fane to go away and go to talk with one of the other characters on the beach? I would have to level them up from level 1?

cutting out all parts that would have saved the fucked up storyline.

like david finding alien-eggs instead of creating them, and just doing experiments on them.

too much alien, not enough Prometheus

Was a decent film, its main issue were the post-production cuts that tried to make it more Alien and less Prometheus