What did the BBC mean by this?

What did the BBC mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/21/white-actors-othello-black-up-steven-berkoff-racism
youtube.com/watch?v=nN_x9o8MV1o
youtube.com/watch?v=zpDnTYYXXAY
livescience.com/41048-facts-about-homo-erectus.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wikipedia page on blackwashing in the media deleted
Hmmmmm that really makes me think

giving blacks roles in ENTERTAINMENT that arent tribal or slaves is a good thing user.

HOL’UP

It sure as shit ain't accurate.

Pretty sure the black woman was playing her in an adaptation of Shakespeare, which basically means anything goes as far as casting is concerned.

its a film or tv show made in modern times for entertainment. you dont watch it for a history lesson.

I agree, but it's strange to make a HISTORICAL drama and feature complete nonsense.

That's not what the majority of viewers believe.

WE

>new Hollywood movie
>MLK actor is white

WE WUZ WHITE AN SHEIT

tell me what the majority of viewers believe user

>entertainment
Nobody wants to see this shit, it's the exact opposite of entertaining.

So what? It's a fictional tv program not a historical documentary

>cared enough to post ;^)

That they are watching a historical representation of medieval England you big dummy

They are just reversing the white washing of history. Many kings and queens of Europe were actually very black, Charlemagne for excample or Elizabeth the first were moorish.

>in an adaptation of Shakespeare, which basically means anything goes

Yeah, and that's why they're swapping white historical figures for black in Dr Who, and in their historical documentaries and in their animated shorts for kids.

There's no agenda at work here at all. Oh wait, there is, and they tell you there is. They're selling the lie that we've always been some kind of multikulti melting pot.

Well, it's a Shakespeare history so I'd say accuracy is pretty far down the list of priorities.
Don't get me wrong, the BBC does shoehorn in a lot of black people into areas of British history where there weren't any but this case in particular is pretty innocuous.
Those fucking 'educational cartoons' with black Iron Age Britons is the worst

WUZ

Literal monkey on the right

lol the absolute state of yurokebabs.

Can't wait for BBC's "Romeo and Julio (formerly Juliet)", the all-new adaptation of the Bard's classic.

looks like a mexican maid
will the KANG be played by Arnold

then the """majority""" you speak of are fucking dumb niggers who were never gonna learn anything anyway and get all there info from entertainment.
my point was about allowing black actors a variety of roles in entertainment, not retards who watch entertainment to study for a history exam.

and yeah obviously a documentary is completely different and should be as accurate as possible.

Fuck you "it's entertainment so it doesn't have to be anywhere near historically accurate"
If a show is representing history, it should be accurate, otherwise it ruins it

>tfw you watch the BBC die in your lifetime

Historicity is still important. It's set in a certain context, which it should try to reflect on some basic level. I mean, why go for the whole sword and shield look, if you can't keep it consistent with the people as well? We already have modern remakes of Shakespeare, no one would mind if that was done again.

call me when they hire a white guy to play a slave or African

(never)

>things in white history have too many white people

really activates the ol' almonds...

it ruins it for you.
you arent the target audience.

>then the """majority""" you speak of are fucking dumb niggers who were never gonna learn anything anyway and get all there info from entertainme
No shit idiot. This stuff isn't taught in schools anymore

whites already have a variety of roles.

thats a completely different point but ok.

>Barack Obama movie

>Obama is played by Daniel Day-Lewis

The target audience is a bunch of morons who are okay with history being rewritten in the name of (((diversity)))?

>Margaret of Anjou
NOUS

Dunno, bu I'm 65% sure the image on the left isn't a photograph.

Fucking dumb shitposter.
Do youre research before taking OPs bait.
Experts say the brown paint faded which is why she appears white.

ETIONS

the network ABC just did this adaptation of Romeo and Juliet last year

>whites already have a variety of roles.
So do blacks. How many Pakistanis or East Asians do you see being given a variety of roles?

This diversity pushing is gross to me, because it's not just about sharing entertainment with other races. It's specifically about focusing on black people and worshiping the ground they walk on.

>whites already have a variety of roles

So you're admitting that it's not about "diversity" but as some sort of payback for past and current success?

Funny thing is that was literally *the* least-watched series in the entire history of the network

Has there been an "Othello"-adaptation with the races reversed?

There actually has

With maximum meme casting

Why don't they just use the Shakespeare play that's already about that?

True diversity would mean interchangable roles for all races in all history dramas

But for some reason this "diversity" only applies to adding blacks to history programs when in reality they were living in huts eating dirt and enslaving each other lmao

>Lashana Lynch as Rosaline Capulet, Juliet's cousin and Lord Capulet's niece who become House Capulet's heiress following Juliet's death.
I need to get this.

Honestly, hate Sup Forums, but changing white historical figures to any other race in the name of DIEversity is fucking disgusting. Not changing the historical figures of other races to whites tho, huh? Figures

>Honestly, hate Sup Forums

give it a few months

Those look like typical Italians to me

>Left: Margaret of Anjou

Incorrect. It's a 15th century painter's depiction of Margaret of Anjou.

>when in reality they were living in huts eating dirt

Fuck off with your Sup Forums bait. The reason this is so retarded is because blacks were ALSO doing things as well. They could make a TV show about the Malian golden age or Ethiopia very easily. There's no need to force blacks into these shows because they do have their own history.

theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/21/white-actors-othello-black-up-steven-berkoff-racism
>ywn be able to black up

Historical drama? It's Shakespeare my dude. In Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, they canonically all wear 15th century clothing. Who gives a shit

Thanks for clearing this up, user.

ROIS

ET

ET

Point being, you can't know for sure that it's the correct/realistic portrayal of her.

Not only do they blackwash, they won't even let us talk about it. This is the sort of shit that made me counter-semitic. Keep it up, kikes.

>"Whitewashing in film" exists
>"Blackwashing in film" redirects to "Color-blind casting"
pottery

As far as her race goes, it is correct

well at least we can safely say she wasn't black if that's what you are trying to imply here

So if I draw her as an anime character but I claim her skin is white, my interpretation is correct too?

Point me to the 15th century source describing her race as 'caucasian'.

It's a BBC period piece, they spend huge sums on historically accurate costumes and sets. When they do a remake of Zulu and you've got a bunch of white guys running around in animal skins chucking spears I'll believe it's because "lol it's just entertainment dude turn your brain off" rather than for ideological reasons

>implying she isnt the correct race
She is human just like Margaret was.
Debate me shitlords

alright I'll try and find something, but in the meantime try and prove to me that (with source material) that she wasn't in fact a woolly mammoth and only represented as a human on paintings.

MERDE

>ideological
/thread

I feel like the BBC is run by a bunch of Rastafarians at this point.

Funny how the BBC stops being a liberal propaganda machine as soon as you need it to be a prestigious organization that focuses entirely on historical accuracy.

From everything we know of history, coupled with, you know, common fucking sense and not being brainwashed by niggerwashing of history, there's 0,0000000000001% chance of Queen of England in the 15th century being any other race than white, and 0,00000000000% chance of her being negroid.

Define "white".

Ahhh yes, another riveting thread of Sup Forumstards getting triggered by black people.

Firstly, I never claimed it isn't a liberal propaganda machine, I explicitly stated that it was. Secondly, the BBC pride themselves on producing the best period pieces on television worldwide, and they are concerned with historical accuracy. There's no contradiction

Please tell me the like/dislike ratio isn't shopped here

youtube.com/watch?v=nN_x9o8MV1o

144 up, 5000 down

I want a Muhammud Ali biopic staring Dolph Lundgren, I think he'd do great in the role.

The Caucasian race, European, you know exaclty what white means.

>geo-locked
das racis

A nigger nigs, Sup Forums truly BTFO.

They're named Big Black Cock, what did you expect?

youtube.com/watch?v=zpDnTYYXXAY

>"""""European"""""
kek

>The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Kek. Well, good to know at least that there are people who are rightfully vocal agains this horrendous balckwashing propaganda.

The state of being neither black nor Asian

Nice argument

If ever you feel like making concessions to brown people, ask yourself one simple question: "Would they do the same for me?"

Of-fucking-course the answer is "No";
they hate you down to your soul.

Define "Human"
>the species Homo-Sapien
Hold up, tell me exactly when Homo-Erectus became Homo-Sapien

livescience.com/41048-facts-about-homo-erectus.html
Between 50,000 and 100,000 years ago

Kek is it really enough? I'm Italian and I'm not considered white

Plenty of brown people that are considered European, so it's really funny to me when a non-white dreams of muh hwite Europe.

>Between 50,000 and 100,000 years ago
Oh, so you can't, looks like Homo-Sapiens don't exist then.

You're right, they should've evolved after reaching level 50, like in my video games. Liberals can't into evolution.

Disgusting