Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U4WiyxXpyZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

...to this?

These both look dumb as hell

To this

I still enjoyed it. His CGI looked like shit though

Literally testicles

Even his name is dumb as fuck, steppenwolf, sound like some shit you'd see on a Walmart shirt. They should've just made the main villain Brainiac or Bizarro, or since Snyder had a such a hard on for the parademon dream sequence, he should've just put darkseid in the fucking film

Is this a cutscene from Mortal Kombat Mythologies?

The BvS version looks like a menacing alien general

Yoi know what really gets me? How digital technology is honestly fucking wonderful and talented people can design some of the most beautiful and intricate characters with it. Fucking Lord of the Rings still looks spectacular with its creature design. Yet, studios push out and greenlight these bland looking, grey colored and ugly villains that are always some variation of "tall grey-skinned alien" like it's a default prefab. DC has some of the most bizzare-looking characters in the medium and THIS is all they can do with 300 million dollars? How would you not be insulted?

I’d love to see them try to handle Mr. Mxyzptlk in this universe.

WHY ARE DC AND MARVEL VILLAINS ALWAYS ONE FUCKING COLOR WITH LITTLE TO KNOW ACCENTS?!?!

>there will never be a live action danny devito mxyzptlk

because companies keep hiring women, executive's offspring, and people straight out of college with absolutely no artistic merit

>I have to throw in how I dislike women in there
Oh fuck off.

steppenwolf sounds like a badass metal band from the 70s.

*breaths in*

hiring women in a male dominated industry creates a paradigm shift, creating excommunication the tradition of why the art even exists in the first place.

Which episode of Power Rangers is this?

It was more of a late 60’s/early 70’s Southern Rock band.

I know of the band steppenwolf, but the name is still cringe. Seems like some shit a guy would use as a gamertag.

Uh-huh.

marvel villains usually look great. they're just lame in every other aspect.

the elf from thor looked cool.
ronan the accuser was blue with purple and black and red suit
loki is green and gold

that's all i can think of, destroyer armor and ironman villains are silver robots. and cap villains are people in suits.

its a classic novel you retard

>creating excommunication the tradition of why the art even exists in the first place.
Imagine being this MGTOW and believing this.

>Dumping your parademons into a boom tube

His chin looks like a dick head.

From a generic CGI demon to a boring CGI demon man?

Dunno. It's not like any of their choices makes sense when they makes those shitty as movies so why would this one?

He honestly looks like Ivan Ooze.

Can't waste the biggest villain on the first movie. I think Brainiac could be better for a Justice League movie, but Bizarro would be better for a standalone Superman movie. I think the inherent problem with an enemy like Steppenwolf is that he's always just been a servant of someone more powerful. He doesn't seem like that interesting of a villain in general. And I wish they'd shown him begging Darkseid for mercy then having Darkseid kill him with his Omega Beams.

Lord of the Rings is a heavy mix of practical and digital effects. Most of the creatures have rubber suits, puppets, or costumes for closeups.

They don't do that anymore.

Forgot to mention there was one particular shot in JL I noticed where they used a prosthetic for Steppenwolf, and it was when he was trying to take the Mother Box from the Amazonians. They do a close up shot of his arm grabbing the cube, and a bunch of their hands grabbing his arm. And I remember thinking, huh, they actually made some kind of thing or painted a guy's arm for this movie. And then they never used it again.

from this

I'm aware of that, I mostly was referring to stuff like The Balrog, the fellbeasts and Gollum. But my general point was how boring modern creature design seems to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=U4WiyxXpyZc

LET THE SOUND TAKE YOU AWAY

I just need to know, was Steppenwolf ever played during the movie? That seems like a missed opportunity if they didn't...