It's out

It's out

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/453824/justice-league-triumphs-zack-snyder-masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=mmPKogG0IOI
nationalreview.com/article/453734/justice-league-repudiates-christopher-nolan-legacy-smart-superhero-movies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Zack Snyder compiles his greatest hits and our era’s greatest hopes in a masterpiece that is nonetheless imperfect.

of course he thinks it's a masterpiece

It's like I'm reading a fucking Sup Forums post.

So much words used to describe so little of the movie itself

>An even worse influence was the Marvel Universe films that lacked artistry. Ironically, Marvel movies also refused the seriousness that Nolan had faked — a feat of such capitalist cunning that it flattered consumers’ egos. Plus, those Nolan and Marvel films were all poorly made.

nationalreview.com/article/453824/justice-league-triumphs-zack-snyder-masterpiece

hot damn, he gets it

Why is he so fucking based bros?

BASED ARMOND

LEGEND

>By coordinating DC Comics’ superhero characters into the fight against Steppenwolf, Snyder attempts to extend his saga from Dawn of Justice. Studio interference (Warner Bros. envy of the lucrative Marvel franchise) and personal tragedy have prevented Snyder from completing his vision on a scale commensurate with the ever-astonishing Watchmen. But as Aquaman (Jason Momoa), The Flash (Ezra Miller), Cyborg (Ray Fisher), and Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) join Batman (Ben Affleck) in the most-intense-yet fight for human life, what remains of Snyder’s handiwork — after the studio imposed The Avengers dullard JossWhedon on the final product — is still a triumph.

I-its like he read my mind bros... ;_;

Thank you Snyder... Thank you ;_;

Upon second read I sense what he really wants to say, is that the Comic book superhero genre is inherently silly and JL epitomises this silliness perfectly.

Therefore, in respect of the genre it's a good film.

That's the only way I can view this review semi-seriously.

No, he literally just waited until metacritic/Rotten Tomatoes had aggregated scores and wrote his review based on that.

He's a known contrarian. He doesn't like JL because it relishes in its silliness he claims Snyder is a visionary director who makes cinematic masterpieces that use deep mythology and philosophy.

link or pic?

Why would a renowned publication hire him if he's just a troll then?

Jesus Christ i actually can't believe he have this piece of shit a good review

clicks

You forget that National Review was started by one of the most masterful trolls of the 20th century

As long as his articles get clicks and his writing is coherent, it doesn't matter.

>Why would a pageview journalism website not get trolls for maximum pageviews
Might as well ask why do boards tolerate shitposting

For teh lolz

Kermode is the one I'm waiting for desu. He's the only legit critic since Ebert.

>nationalreview.com/article/453824/justice-league-triumphs-zack-snyder-masterpiece

Christmas came early this year

>Our culture has lost appreciation for the true aesthetics of cinema, which suffer from competition with inferior forms: television,
video games, even comic books themselves with their two-dimensional limitations. This disaster is compounded by Hollywood’s commitment to superhero movies that manipulate the ready-made comic-book audience by appealing to its shallowest adolescent instincts.
He's right you know.

>>Our culture has lost appreciation for the true aesthetics of cinema, which suffer from competition with inferior forms: television, video games, even comic books themselves with their two-dimensional limitations. This disaster is compounded by Hollywood’s commitment to superhero movies that manipulate the ready-made comic-book audience by appealing to its shallowest adolescent instincts.
He's right you know.

What's this huys deal? Is he doing it for clicks?

He is and JL is one of the movies most guilty of this sin.

82D checkers

>Achieves essential cinema kinetics
he fucking read the kino copypasta didn't he

in isolation, he's right.

but justice league betrays his point.

He's on levels of WOKE you can never achieve.

>Marvel movies also refused the seriousness that Nolan had faked — a feat of such capitalist cunning that it flattered consumers’ egos. Plus, those Nolan and Marvel films were all poorly made.

OKAY WHAT THE FUCK IS HIS PROBLEM

This dude operates on some kind of cosmic level of irony. God bless you Armond, I know you're here somewhere.

>It’s pure Zack Snyder — Justice League features the year’s best action sequences since Zhang Yimou’s The Great Wall and Luc Besson’s Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

>and his writing is coherent
Except it isn't though

Does he mention the shit acting, the terrible CGI, the imitated quipping?

I wish I had these shitposting skills.

That's how the main characters act in Justice League.

No doubt he'd just blame that all on Joss Whedon

>Against all unrelenting studio and media efforts to arrest cinema as juvenile pastime, Snyder exults in its adult spirituality, sensuality, and kinetic intensity.

Confirmed DC pajeet in nigger clothing

I thought this guy was suppose to be the king of movie reviews or some shit. Were you all memeing? Or do unironically suck his dick because "muh based black guy agrees with my politics"?

>what remains of Snyder’s handiwork — after the studio imposed The Avengers dullard Joss Whedon on the final product — is still a triumph.

he's a meme, he literally just reads up on the common opinion and disagrees with it
he's the epitome of that one stain who gets classic masterpieces 99% on RT and then likes capeshit

>"ESSENTIAL CINEMA KINETICS"

>"THE TRUE AESTHETICS OF CINEMA"

>""""THE FATE OF THE WORLD IS AT STAKE""""

>"THIS ISN'T THE CARTOON SOLIDARITY OF MARVEL'S AVENGERS, THE IMAGERY IS CLASSICAL, MYTHIC AND EROTIC"

Okay, he's just trolling right?

>Snyder can similarly shift into grave spirituality, as he does in the expanded-time sequence where Batman loses his catapult gun and Wonder Woman loses her sword: They reach for the objects eluding them, shot at a suspenseful angle, and then The Flash intervenes, flying through the air, inside slo-mo time. It is so hyper-visualized that it is beyond anything Whedon has ever done. It’s pure Zack Snyder

The current state of DC. Even the positive reviews are a wreck

cyborg looks so fucking awful and out of place it's crazy

He's only a king on Sup Forums because he's contrarian. Mark Kermode is the most renowned critic in the industry at the moment.

this has to be trolling

MUH KINETIC AUDIOVISUAL CINEMA

Holy shit, Cyborg looks terrible. He's been barely marketed and just looks like plain shit with that fucking CGI. Why didn't they get a different hero?
>because Cyborgs black
Make someone else black. This guy looks like ass.

really activates the armonds

Armond would love if you sucked his dick

just fucking give him a cyborg suit and a mask, why would you use cgi for something so simple
jesus fuck

>he doesn't like kinetics

he only trolls big budget shit. He liked transformers and valerian, didnt like dunkirk or bladeunner. Those movies have mega marketing behind them, so his reviews don't matter.

He liked baby driver and arrival, as many people feel, he didn't want to hurt their scores. They were movies smothered by big releases, but good films so he genuinely reviewed them. Honestly, he's doing fucking gods work. I love big super hero shit, but I like all the other movies too. If all the other stuff stops making money all we will get is special effects crap.

>dat kinetic cgi
youtube.com/watch?v=mmPKogG0IOI

>Contrarian nigger strikes again
Big surprise there

oh no no no

LOOK AT HIS LIPS

>Literally, no one has a rebuttal to what he said but to copy and paste the article
the state of Marvel

>Gay Black Christian Conservative

he writes articles for OUT magazine like "his thick bulge highlighting his masculine fuckability" then turns around and writes shit like this for national review lmao

if he didn't still have like an encyclopedic film knowledge 10x above the next film critic then he'd be 100% into worthless troll mode

>Gay Black Christian Conservative
His very existence is contrarian. A man who truly lives by what he preaches.

he's not even

>"le respectable modest gay man"

if you read his OUT articles he's like the kind of absolute flaming homo that Sup Forumsfags rage about 24/7. but somehow his national review audience/fans and Sup Forums fans don't mind or choose to ignore it

>Be black guy
>name yourself White
He is a very dedicated man

hahaha holy shit

he is the collective consciousness of Sup Forums given form(ironically as a Black dude).

Good lord, this guy is literally a Sup Forumsposter.

so we can get away it duh if he was part jewish he would be literally perfect

I don’t understand what you’re trying to communicate with this post. You accompanied the post with a picture that suggests Armond wrote a piece so outrageously ridiculous that it is inherently funny but it doesn’t make sense because the films he was referencing were visually spectacular releases. Name a film with better action than either of the two movies he mention that has come out in the past year.

Armond often seems like a troll, but he's the only major critic that gave a positive review to my favourite movie of the 2000s (The Black Dahlia), so I'll cut him some slack. He even said good things about it again when he slated The Dark Knight in comparison to it.

So it's agenda driven. What a loser.

It's written like a supreme Sup Forums shitpost really, I just can't take it seriously

>Marvel has cheapened our pop dreams, Snyder enriches them. From Steppenwolf’s towering horned malevolence (modeled on Tim Curry’s Darkness in Ridley Scott’s 1982 Legend) to the diluvian sequence that introduces Momoa’s voluptuous Aquaman, Snyder uses the superhero form to evoke our culturally established dreams, myths, and hope. Against all unrelenting studio and media efforts to arrest cinema as juvenile pastime, Snyder exults in its adult spirituality, sensuality, and kinetic intensity; he urges that we keep cinema moving.

ke lel you can probably use it as a pasta.

>kinetic intensity
This is memetic gold

>Against all unrelenting studio and media efforts to arrest cinema as juvenile pastime, Snyder exults in its adult spirituality, sensuality, and kinetic intensity

>voluptuous Aquaman
Christ he really is a raging homo

>diluvian sequence that introduces Momoa’s voluptuous Aquaman
>voluptuous
what a faggot haha

a daring synthethis

It’s one of those wondrous Zack Snyder extravaganzas that fulfill the aesthetic potential of comic-book graphics and achieves essential cinema kinetics.

wew

Wow, Cavill acting like Superman should. Genuinely surprising.

Where did all the marvel shills go?

The same site also has a bad review of JL. Hedging their bets.

>nationalreview.com/article/453734/justice-league-repudiates-christopher-nolan-legacy-smart-superhero-movies
>With his Batman series, Nolan proved that a superhero film could be both exciting and meaningful. Justice League is neither.
>We've seen bad DC movies and bad Marvel movies. But Justice League is something new: It’s a bad DC movie and a bad Marvel movie at the same time. Engineered as an answer to Marvel’s Avengers movies, Justice League filters DC’s miasma of sin and gloom through Marvel’s larkish self-mockery and winds up failing as both comedy and drama. The credited director is the sometimes-pretentious Zack Snyder, though when Snyder had to take time off because of a family crisis, the movie was finished, in a collision-of-universes decision, by the genre-spoofing Joss Whedon. The finished product is neither ponderous (like Snyder’s Batman v. Superman) nor matey fun (like Whedon’s The Avengers). Its mix of brainless bombast and lame comedy suggests that it could have been directed by Vince McMahon.

someone post the pasta

can't wait for the snyder 3h30 cut in 10 years

>Justice League Is the Epic We Deserve

...Sounds about right

Well La-tea-da

Cry some more

But is it up there with Armond's faves like Grown Ups and Transformers 2?

with Snyder commentary track please god

This feels like an actual review, he's fair to both sides.

Snyder can similarly shift into grave spirituality, as he does in the expanded-time sequence where Batman loses his catapult gun and Wonder Woman loses her sword: They reach for the objects eluding them, shot at a suspenseful angle

Can't forget Jack and Jill, Norm of The North, and Resident Evil: The final Chapter

>"There's a lot to be said about the imagery of a cyborg hurling a merman into the sky so that that merman can throw his trident at a space insect. I mean, it speaks volumes about our culture, about the state of our nation, and the world."

Yeah because it's not written by Armond Whiteface