What the hell happened to megatokyo

What the hell happened to megatokyo

The author Piro was crushed under the weight of his own pretentiousness.
Largo was reborn as FPS Doug.

Isnt there also a VN coming out at a time?
And can you elaborate on
>The author Piro was crushed under the weight of his own pretentiousness.

Shameless bump

He stopped drawing 10 years ago

Really? who draws it now?

It's a comic strip that managed to outlast the cultural zeitgeist it both aped and appealed to, combined with slow and erratic update schedule and in-comic pacing that makes Bendis look overly compressed and rushed.

No one, he just vomits on the page and uploads that

I can see that
Also i think the inclusion of all the anime girls is when it started going downhill

Fred-chan is cute.

It's always had an insanely slow pace. I never really cared for it, but goddamn does it make me nostalgic for the early 00s indie comic/manga scene.

I remember it being slow, but it really started to kill my interest after that one girl who owned the goth night club drama came to a close

Who, Miho? That's done now? Seriously??

Think so, Largo is with that other girl now
dont quote me on it though because its been a while

He basically took over the comic, kicked Largo out and turned it into the shitty harem anime he always wanted to make or whatever.

Interesting. I haven't checked it at all in four or five years so presumably your information is better than mine.

Yeah i started to notice that after the zombie attack arc. And there was that fellow who kills largo while his gf is kissing him saying somthing about a rival and never going anywhere

Yeah Mioh gets Largo drunk and bitches to him about his personallity or somthing, Piro then Finds out and Bitches at her for "taking advantage of him" then they leave the bar and she gets replaced by a fox girl

*kills him in a videogame
is what i meant
Also Love how the Sega And Sony Hitmen had one skit then got thrown out

Ah yeah. The very last pages I see included that fox girl.

One of the easiest comics for me to burn out on, sadly. It's so damn mopey.

yeah she doesn't really have that much of a personality. Mostly just gets in fights with junpei and largo in the background while Piro sulks

Yeah Piro Does love to sulk around and feel sorry for himself

Largo quit and Piro turned it into a dating sim that managed 1 page/6 months.

THEY MOVED TO JAPAN TO GET THE PS2 EARLY.

He didn't "kick Largo out", Rodney got married and Fred was on the cusp of suicide on a weekly basis, so he fled.

Wait i thought they Largo booked them a flight because Piro was sad or some shit then get stuck there

I used to LOVE this comic. The vibe was so calming.

Jesus christ I haven't read Megatokyo since, like, 2006?

Yeah its pretty old, I never see it get discussed around here

y'all know this comic upated like 2 days ago, right? it's not actually dead despite still reading like something that should have died 10 years ago. fred still supports his family on megatokyo money, he even just started a patreon.

But Chris is clearly best boy.

I stopped reading shortly after the newly minted magical girl got rid of the zombie zilla.
I could live with the pacing, because I enjoyed it, but the wait for a new page was insufferable.

Largo and his love interest were great, I recall.

Christ, I stopped reading Megatokyo in... 2005? The last thing I remember, Largo had somehow become a substitute teacher and maybe there was a robot fight. So, whenever that was. Who fucking knows. I can't believe I stuck with it as long as I did.

The actual creator had his creation stolen by a depressed weeb.

It's amazing (and disgusting) how there's a diehard clinging audience for even the worst outdated lazy trash so hacks like Fred can live off the stuff.

the guy that draws it got rid of the guy who writes jokes and it turned into a weird sad harem story and everybody stopped reading it and also the guy that draws turned out to be kind of a perv