THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE

Is this the greatest horror film of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2HoUwWem0wM
youtube.com/watch?v=3OZmzFrifxk
youtube.com/watch?v=CqHyrmbiD1E
youtube.com/watch?v=WJGhCgC91aM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah, maybe the greatest slasher movie though.

youtube.com/watch?v=2HoUwWem0wM

dat ending

*dancing around with chain saw in anger*
*immediate cut to black and silence*

No

yres

honestly, have you seen it? thats the opinion that a typical person has of this film that has never actually seen it.

That's not saying much.

Does it really count as a massacre if only one guy dies via the chainsaw? And it’s an autistic guy in a wheelchair?

Ive seen all of them, including the shitty weird one where they work for the illuminati to spread fear.
It;s a great slasher but horror is a much bigger genre and there's a lot of great movies
Hell, a lot of people would say halloween is a better movie.

Yes.

Also, how did they manage to fuck this up so bad?

yes

lmao the only person from my city to have lead roll in a movie

>Does it really count as a massacre if only one guy dies via the chainsaw?
then watch the second one, like 8 people get iced with a chainsaw

It's not even the best TCM movie.

Way too much exposition and not enough slasher fun. It did pretty much spawn the genre though.

>the shitty weird one where they work for the illuminati to spread fear
uh, wut

It's definitely one of the GOAT ending shots in all cinema.

im not talking about the sequels, im talking about the texas chain saw massacre, the original, as a standalone film.

It's a pro-vegan flick.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

this one
Also TCM 2 is one of the better dark comedies Ive ever seen

The Next Generation

True Chainsaw kino
youtube.com/watch?v=3OZmzFrifxk

op here. i'm a huge horror fan. to open the scope of the thread, lets discuss our top favourite horror films. here are top 3:

Night of the Living Dead 1968
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 1974
The Evil Dead 1981

i swear i've heard that background score repeated countless times in many movie scenes. maybe even tv shows

Post yfw Grampa starts sucking the finger

DUDE STOP EATING MEAT LOL

it's one of them.

Honourable mentions (Asian Edition):

Tetsuo The Iron Man
Audition
The Wailing (this seriously impressed me)

thats fucking awesome. the trivia to these films is always so great too because shit like that would have never happened these days. the actor was so stressed out, tired, hungry and thirsty he wanted to scare the shit out of the camera operator and director, so he just started swinging the chain saw around, resulting in this ending.

youtube.com/watch?v=CqHyrmbiD1E

youtube.com/watch?v=WJGhCgC91aM

that opening.

I liked this one.

That scene with grandpa and the kiddy pool was definitely the most unnerving scene of all time.

the second one is pure garbage

Probably the most overrated horror film of all time tbqhwy

I might be just based on the scene where he appears from the door with his hammer alone. Great film.

I'd say Shining is number 1, then TCM.

I watched TCM a while back not even really knowing its hype, but my god it's fucking fantastic. The most gritty and real horror movie I've ever watched. Just a fucking great movie from start to finish.

>a lot of people would say halloween is a better movie.
a lot of people would be very wrong
Haloween has been emulated literally hundreds of times in every possible way, texas chainsaw is totally untouched

House of 1,000 Corpses seemed heavily inspired by TCM.

>I watched TCM a while back not even really knowing its hype, but my god it's fucking fantastic. The most gritty and real horror movie I've ever watched. Just a fucking great movie from start to finish.

I only watched it a year ago, and though I was aware that it's a classic, I just thought it would be decent and maybe a bit cheesy. How fucking wrong I was. It's absolutely dark and dank as fuck.

It's not scary so no, not even a horror movie

I'm actually surprised at how much the cinematography stands out in the blu ray release, the shots of them walking up to and around the house look stunning.

No. It is, literally, the worse. For reasons beyond comprehension (nu-males legendary shit taste, hipster rage, RT roodipoism,...) it's followed by some kind of autistic worshiping cult. Go figure.

Dumb frogposter

One of the greatest

2 is also underrated kino

how can a chain see a massacre?

It's sentient.
Leatherface and his family used to be your usual family from the suburbs but then the chainsaw possessed them.

>it has no jumpscares so it's not horror

Its shit. Coldfish is superior in every way

Affirmative. And thanks for writing "film" not "movie," the sign of a kino enthusiast.

The Exorcist is the one that scared me the most