/SKG/ - Slipknot General

youtube.com/watch?v=NAyMDODC1Fk

Let's Discuss The Man Who Can Climb Anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Of all the characters Waller recruited who couldn't stop Superman, he couldn't stop Superman the most.

"But he can climb anything!!!!1111"

- Randall Flagg

Was he really a serial ropist?

I find the whole premise of his character retarded but I find the look of his costume strangely interesting. Its so weirdly intricate with all the ropes and his wierd climbing gear. But also completely useless. Hes completely covered in ropes and knots that somehow tie random things together, even his damn hair is made of ropes.

>Climbin' yo windows
>Snatchin' yo people up
You do the math.

So that was Slipknot's use all along. His fate was to remind me of this youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw

Reminding me of this ancient meme makes him my favourite Suicide Squad member. Thank you, Slipknot.

>2010
>ancient

Im gettin way too old for this shit

I forgot, did he have special ropes or was he just great at climbing?

He had a grappling gun? I don't think the ropes were special

and honestly it never showed him "climbing" anything. He just got pulled up by the grappling gun, so in other words Batman climbs just as well as Slipknot

He can't "climb anything" in the way that Spider-Man does for example, or at least it never showed that

Enchantress could probably stop Superman, no?

absolutely, and I'd kill for more Enchantress

She and her brother died to a regular bullet and bomb tho.

I herd u liek mudkipz?

Here's the thing I don't get about Superman's weakness, he's weak to magic, so if he punches a magic person it won't be a super punch?

And if someone is coming at his with kryptonite, can't he shoot it out of the person's hand with lasers or blow it away with superbreath?

i think its more that humans are resistant to magic, because some humans are naturally born with magical powers as "homo magi", so all humans are pretty good at resisting it

kryptonians have no natural resistance so even a shitty wizard could charm superman into doing something or hit him with weakening magic or whatever, where as those shitty spells would do nothing to humans

you would think it would come up more often

He's doesn't have a weakness to magic. He just doesn't have a resistance to it so magic fucks him up the same way it does everyone else.

Slipknot does it more subtile.
He will kick events off to defeat superman.

He can climb on and out of everything.
>has money problems
climbs out of it
>gets killed
climbs out of hell for a sequel

these are fucking adorable

harley is less able to stop supes than based slipknot

>When Beach was eight years old, his mother, Sally Beach, eight months pregnant with a baby girl, was killed by a drunk driver.
>Eight weeks after his mother's death, the family, stricken with grief, discovered Adam's father, Dennis, drowned near the community. It is unclear whether Dennis's death was an accident or if he committed suicide.
>In 2006, Beach portrayed Ira Hayes in Clint Eastwood's feature film Flags of Our Fathers. During the filming of this movie, both Beach's grandmother and his best friend died.

Jesus, does he have the saddest real life story of the entire dceu?

Gal Gadot herself died many years ago, all there's left today is her skeleton.

>have horrible life
>get cast in role in huge superhero movie
>it's a role that isn't just some native american stereotype
>get two scenes before you're killed off as a joke

Well, there is that Native guy in Wonder Woman, so hopefully it does lead to more Native representation in Super hero stuff. I heard it's a minor role and he doesn't do much but it's still 2-0 in DC's favour

You know, the thing is, he could be a pretty serious threat if used properly. He's able.to climb quick, can strangle and is an ok fighter with knot based style. If he was fighting Green Arrow or night wing he'd fit right in their rogues gallery. The problem is, he tried to fight Firestorm. The guy who can fly, Shoot fire and transmute matter. And he tried to fight him with a rope. A fucking rope! The hell was he thinking!?

Someone having a jape on Wikipedia?

So what's your favorite Slipknot song to listen to while reading Slipknot comics?

Yes, and it's obvious she was the one Waller had in mind when she formed Task Force X
When Enchantress went bananas, Waller had to scrape the barrel for the farm team

Slipknot confirmed for Lobo?

He's obviously Howard the Duck

Well, thank you for that.

to be fair dude he was pretty much owning Firestorm for most of theissue

thanks for the story time dude

So he was just a one off that they transferred to Suicide Squad? Honestly, he seems way too under-powered to be fighting Firestorm. He just stood around and let the guy drag him around so it seemed like there was a chance.

well he could do more than the trapster from marvel

Firestorm had a lot of great villains because he was created by Spider-Man vet Gerry Conway specifically to kind of be DC's Spider-Man. Multiplex, Hyena, and of course Killer Frost are some memorable ones.

Firestorm was actually pretty underpowered back then because he barely used the full potential of his powers beyond turning metal into feathers and shit like that.

Once the series ended a lot of those villains just went unused so they tended to get brought back just to be killed off.

He was used in Suicide Squad solely to show what the bombs do, in a scene almost identical to the one in the movie except that he only got his arm blown off instead of his head.

i wish they didn't kill him off so soon / retcon him to being back alive with some bullshit like this
i know his "powers" are dumb but there's a lot of interesting things a team of metahumans could do with literally indestructible ropes / grappling hooks / scaling equipment

he's the deadshot of ropes. could probably use a noose like a lasso.

you mean paste pot pete?

When I saw the part where his head fucking exploded in theaters I burst laughing. Some people stared at me. I had to go to the water fountain a bit because I still had tears of laughter. The same happened to me during the scene in BVS where Bruce had a nightmare and I think the flash showed up. He looked like he was on something. Also the scene where he had a vietnam flashback that reused footage of his mom dying.

I got a good chuckle when he was hiding from the cop in the beginning.

I'm still not sure if that was supposed to be taken seriously.

Firestorm has one of the worst Rogues gallery in history. All of them were either push overs or better used elsewhere. Slipknot is just a guy with a rope, Weasel is a guy in a rat costume, Black Bison controls spirits, silver deer could turn into animals and Moonbow was some girl with a bow and arrow. None of them should ever have been fighting a guy out of their weight class like that and they were only ever a threat because the plot went out of its way to make him an idiot. The only villains who were ever worth while were Killer Frost, who had a tragic origin and has been written more heroic recently and is now an antihero, and Multiplex, who is dead in both the comics and tv show. There's also Parasite but he's more associated with Superman.

What worked for Spider-Man didn't work for Firestorm.

I don't get why they sent in Taskforce X to get Waller. They're obviously not the most competent or reliable bunch. And deniability shouldn't be much of an issue; there shouldn't be a problem with sending in a team consisting exclusively of SEAL team operatives or a CIA extraction team.

Trapster was a member of Frightful Four
He was actually somewhat competent