Would this work as a live action film like GitS but split into parts?

Would this work as a live action film like GitS but split into parts?

No, not ever. It would suck, everyone will hate it.

Kill
Yourself

So how were Ikari's goals different than Seele's? And why were the soldiers going to kill Shinji on sight? It seemed like he was essential to their plans

Don't hate anime. Just hate seeing it on boards it's not meant for.

everyday you make this thread you fucking negro

Its called Pacific Rim and its the closest youll get to an adaptation.

>It seemed like he was essential to their plans
They only needed Unit 01 really

Read the image, retard.

This hasn't worked as anything so far.

Go back to Sup Forums, retard.

>like Ghost in the Shell
>Ghost in the Shell
>working as a live action film
Hahahahahahaha, this faggot liked the live action Ghost in the Shell.

I think it could be, though likely closer to the Manga version than the Anime.

The difficulty comes from how close you have to stay to the source material in order for it to work. You'd need at least 4 films and expecting audiences to be in for that ride is a long shot.

Keep in mind Hideaki Anno is at the helm of the rebuilds and they fucking suck.

Go back to /r/movies, retard.

>implying implications

Rebuilds do not suck. Especially 1 and 2. 3 was 'different'

Once again the cancer from Sup Forums is given free rring over this board. It seems to be time to bring out the old bot and force studios to cut off their ties with mods and Sup Forums

1 is a carbon copy of eps1-6 so it gets a free pass.

2 massively fucks up the characterisation and motivations of Shinji, Rei and Asuka.

3 has characters (esp. Misato) act completely illogically (Misato encourages Shinji at the end of 2.22 but hates him for his actions in 3.33), introduces a bunch of new characters that're never going to be expanded on properly, and throws the series into such a ridiculous scenario that it's almost impossible to withhold your sense of disbelief. The human population is almost entirely eradicated but despite this, during the fuck-fest that was near third impact humanity is able to build a flying arc, and gendo+fuyutsuki can still create new Evas. The climactic events of the third film also seem to be trying to serve the same grandiose nature of EoE but are completely baffling and incomprehensible.

Also: Mari.

Go back to redit, it's part of the site culture

Where do you think the widespread

>posting on a [Asian country Animation/art form Type of communication service]

meme comes from in describing posting any content on Sup Forums, if it isn't widely recognisable to all users as a Japanese anime imageboard?

No because the movie needs 26 episodes of build up

Ikari wanted to control 3rd impact to get his wife back, Seele wanted it to be free of pain

unfortunately no 3d woman could ever be Asuka. She is too perfect.

Why do you tell people to go back to redit when the only reason you're on Sup Forums today is because of reddit? Do you actually believe you're here honestly?

Fuck right off.

No, it doesnt even work in feature format. It's atmosphere is essentially episodic.

Why do garbage threads like this have almost no history here on Sup Forums before the reddits /q/ invasion and your introduction?
And yet somehow wanting you to go back to your board is a reddit thing even though across the site no none wants the cancer from Sup Forums. Very interesting stuff, but I suspect you're too new to me ow that.

I get that this is a joke and all. But the idea of anyone other than a white person playing the one German character in a cast of otherwise Asian's is just ridiculous to me.

That being said I have no idea if Asuka is ethnically Japanese or not.

i recently watched death note(original) for the first time, is there annything alike?

The funniest part though is when those of you that joined Sup Forums and even the site in the mid 2010s post images like only proving that you have no idea why Sup Forums was made in the first place

I'm sure Reddit is filled with numales like you who love anime shit. Why don't you go post on the Evangelion board there or something since you feel you can't discuss it on any of the anime related boards on Sup Forums and need to spam on Sup Forums?

dont fucking touch it, leave it alone

You'd need to change it too much and so will miss the point entirely. It would also need to be 2 3 hour movies at least or a trilogy. It will be a complete flop because nobody will see it unless it has like 10M budget in which case it will be garbage.

In any case, what is the point of adapting animation? It's not like a game or a comic - It is the same type of storytelling as a movie, the only difference is that one is drawn and the other one is filmed. You already have it - why 'adapt' it? The only thing it would accomplish that's kind of fun is to get some normies (who would otherwise automatically dismiss any animation) to watch it and see their reactions.

The biggest thing however (and has been true since the inception of this site) is that the only people that want live action versions of anime are pure normalfag reddit sensibility types and Sup Forums cancer because it makes them less ashamed of watching these cartoons on their ebin soctal media pages. You can even go ask the board you use to defend yourself when you're getting curbs timed, but bad mouth when you're not (Sup Forums).
Hopefully we'll see a rebuttal and not you just slinking away into the thread like a good little 2010s 4cheneria user you are :^)

Because this board was made for anime.

Counterpoint: no it wasnt you dumb piece of shit

GitS didn't work as a live action film like GitS.

But Sup Forums was made for people that didn't watch anime and didn't want to post about live action on Sup Forums
How fucking new are you?

>blue eyes
>etnically japanese

pick one.

If you hide all those threads in your image what's left of Sup Forums? TV show generals?

This website is made for anime, meaning Sup Forums was made for anime as well.

see

Hothead, leave.

It doesn't even work as an anime.

That still doesn't take away the fact that Sup Forums is an anime website, it's like complaining about cars on a forum for cars.

Sup Forums hasn't been an "anime website" since the second non-anime/japanese culture board was made. And its clearly not one now that the new owner is a jap and his first action was to make a western board

It's redditors like you that make me lose faith in this site.

See

>That projection

Fair comments actually.

Especially mari.

No, it could work however in a different adapted setting where you just copy every character archetype and relations but paste on a different flavored end of the world setting.
The whole point of evangelion is the breakaway from depression and the dangers of repeating the paths that took you to it several times.
The story would work because the characters are interesting.