It's a Tina episode

>it's a Tina episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iw9V3FO_5Pw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

whats wrong with tina in your opinion?

Tina episodes are a mixed bag while Louise episodes are always great and gene episodes tend to be bland

>uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Bob has to listen to that every damn day.

>it's a show that's even worse than home movies episode

I get tired of the socially-awkward PG teen romance shtick over and over, too, but at least Tina is one of the more original characters in animated comedies.

luckily, unlike most cartoon dads, he's a decent person who genuinely loves his family

her entire character is
>butts
>horse
>uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>huh! huh! huh! huh! huh!

The only episode I enjoyed was the one where she made Bob into a brony to get her doll back simply because it was more Bob that Tina.

I used to shit on Tina episodes pretty hard, but the last few have actually been decent.

It's the fucking Gayle episodes that make me wanna jump out a window.

That's just because he had a cripplingly lonely childhood that left him emotionally damaged to the point where he still anthropomorphizes the inanimate objects around him so he can have more companionship.

I feel the opposite and despite Louise episodes. They've turned her dickishness all the way up to 11 and it stopped being cute.

that episode where she cries brought me back a little bit, but i think the show will toss character development out the window for story of the week gags.

if anything his terrible childhood makes it more impressive he's a decent dad
breaking the cycle and what not

How about the episode were bob drives a cab at night to pay for her birthday?

that's a Bob episode featuring Tina

It's not about how much of an asshole a character is but how much consequence there is for their actions
Louise is hard because you won't make a little girl getting hurt funny and you can't have job or Linda getting pissed because it hurts their characters

If you really want to see an insufferable kid character look at Otto rocket who never learns a lesson and never paid for the shit he does and is constantly a pain in the ass for everyone to the point were they would be better off without him

That's half of Tina's episodes tho
Either bob or Louise take the b plot to keep it interesting

louise is my daughterfu

Most people say this
But you know you couldn't handle her

That episode legitametely made me mad. What a selfish brat.

Also the one where Linda and Louise bitch at him for having a garden, the one thing that made him happy, where all they had to do was keep their mouths shut and bear it for like a week.

you're right

what about the one where she hijacked tammys birthday

>The one thing that makes him happy
That's the restaurant
And Bob is happy
The garden was just a dumb thing he would have gotten tired of after a month
Nobody is truly selfish in the show, you could argue Louise is but then again she sleeps in a closet

I would be a good dad to gene mostly because kids love me and I'm the kind of dad who would play videogames with him and take him to cool places

I think I enjoyed it more than I would've because at least Tammy deserved it.

Yeah but it was what made him happy in the moment.

Also
>it's a Louise chimps out episode

I've recently started watching it and am up to season 5 and i think i hate linda the most despite her being supportive she can be a real bitch

look at me
I'm sitting in this thing

Is it on?

Is it normal to dislike Linda and Tina more than Gene?

>mfw I lose the peeing race

i'm also just up to season 5

i think linda is great
and i want to protect louise's smile

i think watching bob's burgers has made me a nicer person irl, i find it quite heartwarming

This. I love this show, but I wouldn't touch those Gayle episodes with a ten foot pole.

I've always hated this lovable psychopath character trope. It doesn't make me laugh, just angers me.

Tina, certainly. Gene is pretty terrible but he does have his moments. I can understand why you might dislike Linda, since she's pretty uniformly bland and/or annoying, but I don't think she's quite as awful as Tina.

Off the top of my head, the horse meat episode triggered the hell out of me because she went full fucking retard when she found out people eat horse. Like people had to calm her down and for some reason it just got under my skin.

How about the episode where Tina made the family waste their money on a horse camp, where she didn't even learn how to ride a horse.

That one triggered me too. The she pretends to ride a horse around the ring.
>muh talking horse imaginary friend

Tbh the only good Tina episode is the one where she's an investigative journalist for the school.

>It's a Hugo episode

She has a soft spot for her dad, it would be a joy to be with her but the antics would get tiring.

The cutest shit ever.

Gene can be good if they're using his musical talent to showcase a good song or play, like the 'Aw Topsy' or 'Work Hard or Die Trying Girl' episodes. Gene would have worked better as a distant cousin who only comes in when he's needed, he's the weakest of the children characters.

I liked that episode, but only because it had that rare moment of Bob actually having something to use against Jimmy Pesto. Seriously, why do the writers like seeing Bob crash and burn against such a blatant douche over and over and over? Seriously, it wasn't even a decent win for Bob, since he had already shaved his mustache by that point.
Hell, what about the episode where Bob's family goes on the game show, keeping winning but never get the grand prize of a new van, then the host conspires with Jimmy Pesto to cheat and have the Pesto family win, THEN Jimmy's family also happens to win the new van. Of course, there were no consequences, but HAHAHAHA BOB HAD TO CHANGE THE FLAT TIRE ON JIMMY'S NEW VAN BECAUSE JIMMY DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE A TIRE SO BOB WINS RITE?!?!
Why can't Bob get a clear, total win on Jimmy Pesto just once? And that burger cooking contest doesn't really count, because wtf did Jimmy care? He owns an Italian restaurant, it was more of a gag anyhow.

But I loved the episode where he made the fake mustache and imitated Bob for the whole episode.

I think the point is only losers like Jimmy Pesto give a crap about 'beating out' some other schlub. A life led with humility and love can't be harmed by the sputtering of someone drowning in their own bile though I agree the belchers should have gotten a consolation car or something

Unpopular opinion:

Gene is the funniest character.

But Bob almost always cares about trying to win out over Pesto as well.

Exactly, that's the lesson he has to learn. Once he lets go of his petty rivalry with a guy (who honestly isn't even in direct competition with him, they serve completely different genres of food) he will be a lot more satisfied with his lot in life.

I'm pretty sure Pesto also serves burgers/fries and that's pretty much all Bob serves.

Yeah but Jimmy's burgers are supposed to be shit.

Pesto's specifically are, but I imagine in his restaurant, Pesto doesn't do the actual cooking.

did you see the one where Bob had to drag gale to his house on thanksgiving, just to find out she faked her own injury out of attention?

I feel like Tina episodes are always great, but I'm getting a little tired of the Tina/Jimmy Jr. stuff. I mean, they're still entertaining episodes, but you can only do it so many times.

>It's an episode with Rudy or Zeke

Rudy and Zeke are the best kid characters outside of the main family for sure.

His voice actor has a decent stand-up special

Tina/Zeke and Louigan are the patrician ships

jimmy jr/zeke will be endgame

maybe you have to be older to find that funny and have another point of view about kids and being naive, i don't mean that as a diss tho.

He kinda does that in the one where he finds out some mobster got hit at his restaurant. Jimmy claims it was his resturaunt and Bob lets it go after seeing how happy it made Jimmy.

Tina's unexpected popularity really killed the show

>popularity
Where and who?

>Tina episode
Garbage. Her entire character is just "I'm an awkward teenager". That's it. Maybe she had a few funny moments earlier on in the show, but now it's just old.
>Louise episode
Generally also garbage. Not quite as bad as Tina, because where Tina is literally a single note, Louise has two. It's either "I'm a huge dick" or "I pretend I don't like something to look cool then I actually like it". Equally as tiresome, but Louise can still manage to be funny now and again.
>Gene episode
These are actually generally okay. He makes a lot of dumb jokes, but that's natural for a kid his age. He manages to do unique stuff while at the same time not sticking out as some sort of child genius like Louise.
>Bob episode
Best episodes. Bob's the best Belcher.
>Linda episode
Varies a bit more than Bob, but her episodes are also generally pretty good.

It's just any time an episode focuses around the kids is when it becomes boring rehashed shit we've seen from cartoons a million times.

>it's an episode with Teddy

It's a Bob gets high on substances, talks to inanimate objects, and shouts at his family episode.

From just looking at these threads, you would wonder why anybody liked this show

for me, it's a show that doesn't really get under your skin until you take a step back and examine it

I like how the dialogue in Bob's Boners was indistinguishable from the show's. That's not an insult.

They've kinda lightened up on that, though. More characters in universe have admitted to finding Pesto dumb and annpying.

>Oh god

Needed a better Linda though. And a maybe a Regular-sized Rudy scene with him being not so regular sized.

Tumblr loves her.

that ep was fire. probbly the best in the whole thing so far

Oh shit nigga what are you doing

>Louigan
some time ago i would agree with you,but after the last valentine episode i really like louis/regular size rudy

>The fucking Teddy is spot on

>Jimmy Jr
My sides are fucking gone

Pesto always wins over Bob but his life is completely empty, and if either of them paid attention to the quality of their lives instead of the number of customers they get, the tables would be massively turned. Pesto's kids are more connected to Bob's family than him, his food is crap and he knows it, his wife probably left him. Getting one over on Bob is literally all that Pesto has, and Bob's just insecure enough to go along with it.

>baseball episode
>Jimmy drops off Andy and Ollie
>"okay kids, last chance to earn my love"
>"haha we love that joke"
>"yeah..."

>it's a Tina Episode
butts

>that episode where Tina stabs Daryl in the back after hooking him up with some other chick E cause she was jealous

Literally the only time I ever liked Gene. Little Bob was fucking amazing.

So is Tina still considered autistic like in the pilot episode or did the writers, well, write it out in the later seasons?

CAN'T FUCKING STAND THAT EPISODE

She's just sort of awkward and nerdy.

But Art Crawl was great, albeit in spite of rather than because of Gayle.

I think she pretty clearly has Asperger's but even if Bob recognized that he wouldn't bother getting her diagnosed. The label would just make her life harder.

>it's a Gale episode

it's a scene that involves Gale at all

I think she's just full of spaghetti.
The show doesn't seem mean-spirited enough to actually make fun of autism. She's just sort of a product of her parents.

Every episode? But yeah, Teddy is a gift to mankind.

youtube.com/watch?v=iw9V3FO_5Pw

I think Louise's autistic comment was meant as a snide joke like she usually makes desu

Only episode Ive been legit mad at

Isn't there going to be an episode animated by a shit load of guest animators?

There's going to be an episode where they want lots of fan art.

>tfw not South Park, so they can't get away with Yaoi

>Garbage. Her entire character is just "I'm an awkward teenager"

This x1000. A episode about a cringy teenager by extension is going to be cringy. The last thing i want to see in a comedy SoL show is a autistic cock-hungry girl talk in a monotone voice for 20 minutes.

>"STOP FOLLOWING ME, GENE!"
>"STOP FOLLOWING ME! IN FRONT!"

>its a teddy episode

also, PSA they're putting out an album in may and I'm fuckin stoked

It's just for an opening, not the actual episode

I like this one

Bob talking to inanimate objects is the saddest thing, in a good way.