IT'S HERE

>"All the interesting stuff of Man of Steel is frontloaded when it's about Superman's vulnerabilities. The minute a superhero film stops being about those things, it ceases to be interesting. And as I said, it's a world of indestructo-flyie people hitting each other whilst looking doomy while the threatiest threat of threatiness is" threatening" them."

youtu.be/hsLcTO2a0Ec

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FnvzY7yIG0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=uHeQeHstrsc
youtube.com/watch?v=WK2WjnpdC84
youtu.be/hsLcTO2a0Ec?t=5m50s
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510927404747.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=oLJY4GVP7KE
youtube.com/watch?v=xu8l0q4rgcg
youtube.com/watch?v=I_JoIo3Rcpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*crosses arms* THE THING IS

What did he mean by any of that?

Whedon spoiled Snyder's masterpiece.

That a superhero film is interesting only when it's about their weaknesses, not when they are all basically indestructible. How can you believe that there really is a "threat" when not one of those character really is in any kind of threat?

That third sentence is the most Reddit thing I've read all month.

Ironically, it sounds like something Joss Whedon would write.

*adjusts glasses*

ON THE ONE HAND

>How can you believe that there really is a "threat" when not one of those character really is in any kind of threat?

Well, that's no true of the other JL members. But Superman is way too overpowered in this.

*shimmies papers on table

IT PAYS A DEBT TO

Who's the character with the very wooden acting?

either Aquaman, Cyborg or Supes.

>black tie on black shirt

The fact that there's 3 candidates is damning

Am I allowed to view this without a TV licence?

dark green on blue

meme critic praises JL: "PRAISE OUR SAVIOR, FANTASTIC REVIEW"
real critic shits on JL: memes and denial

Whedon killed Snyder's daughter and made it look like a suicide? Wow, I had no idea he was so devious.

I haven't seen the film but I'm guessing he's talking about Lex being at the end?

You joke but this is probably very close to the truth.

Is Lex played by the same guy who was in Batman vs. Superman? If so, ewww.

This is the first movie where Superman actually felt like Superman. And he was the fucking villain for a good portion of it.

>Mark Commode

yeah nah

The true answer is Wonder Woman. But he's a cuck so he's not talking about her.

who cares about this hack?

>kike kikot is easily the best thing in the film
HOW the FUCK are people reaching this conclusion? i feel like i'm taking crazy pills here

it's really crazy
I can force my mind to understand praising her in the solo movie, but she's absolute dogshit here. People saying she's any good, let alone saying she's a highlight, are lying to themselves.

Simon Mayo

We admire superheroes for their strengths, not their weaknesses. That’s what makes them super. If you want a movie with weak people, watch any drama.

You have to ask? He's obviously referring to Ben Assfleck.

This is a BBC program he's on, he's contractually obligated to praise women every 5 minutes

he means it

post his best reviews
youtube.com/watch?v=FnvzY7yIG0Q

Yup, he's in there, still retarded, same "actor", only better dressed. Lipstick on a pig.

I thought he's talking about the long-haired dood.

Objectively wrong.
Without kryptonite and Lois Lane Superman is extremely boring. Without Joker constantly making Batman challenge his morals Batman is boring.
You can "admire" the strength of someone only so much until it just becomes "okay, now what?", especially if we're lead to believe that he is supposed to be in some kind of danger

Strength in the face of genuine adversity e.g. foes that can legitimately hurt or counter them, situations that they can't control, foes who are able to exploit their weaknesses.
The classic Zack-synder fight sequence (a.k.a. anime knockoff) of people punching each other really hard and/or through scenery while not seeming to get hurt or have a real chance at losing is just boring. Ironically even anime tends to shy away from that sort of thing.

That's not what he's saying you fucking kike retard.

He's saying the most compelling superhero films focus on the superhero's weakness, not his strength.

youtube.com/watch?v=uHeQeHstrsc

C U C K M O D E
U
C
K
M
O
D
E

he means you're a pleb for having to ask that

It's here!
youtube.com/watch?v=WK2WjnpdC84

no, fuck off

you obviously care enough to post about him

Who are you quoting? That's not what Kermode said.

Did not criticise Gal Gadot's dogshit acting once.

>this is neither dark nor light, this is just rubbish

alright, here we go

t. macho american

youtu.be/hsLcTO2a0Ec?t=5m50s

>Gal Gadot is the best thing in the film
Yes much better than Armond truly

based mark blowing out the capeshit neckbeards and pseudo-intellectuals once again

see
5:54 timestamp

What did he think of Batman V Superman?

someone got that impression an user did of a letter someone sent in to kermode? i laughed pretty hard at it and i wish i had saved it

Antisemitism aside, where does this Galdot hate stem from?

murky =/= dark

She can't act, and she can't speak english.

>You're not getting a rant about this
>Cracks
>Rants for 8 minutes
>Including singing lines from The Internationale

Goddamn I love Kermode

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510927404747.webm

She's got a weird head

*corners of mouth curls into a smirk

A DARING SYNTHSIS BY MALICK

LOL

And if you carry on listening you'll hear him say that it's because the film was written around the character of Wonder Woman and so in context that is why you would feel more engaged by her character. But nice cherry picking.

I literally only hear that her acting is bad, on Sup Forums. Her delivery in that clip is weak though.

Best Kermode moment for me was during a live thread a couple years back when he reviewed "Run For Your Wife".
youtube.com/watch?v=oLJY4GVP7KE

It turned out that an user in the thread had worked on the film, he was involved with the lighting. And he said he fucked the director's daughter.

That doesn't stand to reason. If he had said 'Wonder Woman is easily the best thing in the film' then you'd be correct, but saying 'Gal Gadot is easily the best thing in the film' is to highlight her performance.

Also being the best bit of shit in the film is still being shit.

twitter crucifixation when?

see

Around blacks, never relax.

I'm sure the cgi mustache removal on Cavill made him think the whole actor was animated, it does look weird

AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Kuhlel-noh.

Did he mention the terrible CGI?

>And as I said, it's a world of indestructo-flyie people hitting each other whilst looking doomy while the threatiest threat of threatiness is" threatening" them."

This is some seriously inarticulate shit

That's why Snyder wanted to bring in Darkseid. WB Foolishly wanted to keep Darkseid on reserve when Darkseid's not at all the only big bad out there is rather retarded. Superman alone could have taken down Steppenwolfe and every parademon. But Darkseid's power has been dialed up considerable since his Justice Leauge Unlimited days. With Snyder we would have gotten epic battles and as icing on the cake Darkseid shows up, curb stomps everyone and Superman comes in and gets his shit handed to him and he's taken prisoner by the much more superior Darkseid. JL2 could have been Batman and crew figuring out how to bring back Doomsday and aiming it at Darkseid. I'm assuming at this point but Snyder's an awesome creator so no doubt he would have made Batman cross the line and then as a consequence realizes he's in it too deep and wants to make penance and decides to back out, in comes Night Wing. Or Maybe Damian. JL2 could have been where Batman's Affleck bows out all the while having the character becoming an alcoholic or something until Batman 1 where Damian or Dick tries to convince him to stop drinking and reclaim himself. In comes Cavil's Superman and Affleck says, "You're here to tell me what to do?" Cavil Responds, "No, I want to join you." "But it won't do you nothing." And Cavil pulls out a small capsule and in it there's some Kryptonite powder, he sprinkles some in the bottle and takes a swig. And Affleck and him drinks the night away and both of them passes out. Cavil wakes up with a headache and Affleck tells him thanks for being company and he just flies away. JL3, Affleck's in an old Monostary in Europe. Surrounded by Alcohol. Cavil flies in with bottles of Whisky and the two sits down to drink, Cavil pops a Kryptonite pill in the bottle and drinks, Wonder Woman comes in and then it's revealed that Dick Grayson or Damian's missing and the New gods, namely Orion or one of the agents of all father, says Batman's kidnapped by Darkseid.

what is sarcastic alliteration?

it's almost like he's describing shit made for literal kids

Do you even /fa/ faggot?

Clearly the only thing that could have saved Justice League was Danny Dyer

>what are connotations?

>He almost cried just talking about how good BR 2049 was
He really is /ourguy/

>"Hi Worcester and Jeeves, after finishing an inexplicably long day last Friday and barely overcoming the so-called 'thrills' of modern parenthood the husband and I decided to engage in a spot of Friday night escapist fantasy with -FILM X- based solely upon Mark's recommendation.

>Imagine our shock when it turned out to be a two-hour slog through inane, baffling and incomprehensible utter tosh disguised as entertainment. Apoplectic with rage didn't even begin to cover it as we reached the sixty minute mark of inexorable dribble! We immediately retrieved the woeful disc from our DVD player of choice before returning it to the shop and instead ended up getting nice and cosy with a copy of Pirates 4.

>In summation we feel the good doctor owes us an apology and will take this in the form of a birthday greeting to our daughter who is currently overseas in Australia. Signed, Cunt."

>Kuckmode

Poor review of a poor movie.

I can tell you’ve never watched a kermode review.

That "real critic" thought "mother!" was a deep, meaningful allegory while missing the far more deftly constructed one Snyder had going in MoS and BvS, because he's a pseudo-intellectual snob that only looks for depth when he wants to, when the "artist" in question is clique-approved.

Based Kermode repeatedly BTFO of Snyder

youtube.com/watch?v=xu8l0q4rgcg

IT"S HERE
youtube.com/watch?v=I_JoIo3Rcpg

Holy shit, I cannot fucking wait for RLM's review of this schlockfest

What makes him think Wonder woman had the best performance

Everyone else was even worse?

She was by far the worst

Ka-LEL noooooo
And her eyebrows squishing together to "act" with the same dumb expression for the whole movie it was so bad in that night scene where she meets cyborg

Best is relative, he wasn't saying it was good enough to get awards.

>gal gadot is a great actress
>yeah

fucking james and mike.

She's jewish and a woman. Can't criticise her without backlash. Also I don't think he understands comic books.

>they die and live again how shit
Yeah well, been like that since forever. Did he think superman was dead for real?

anyone has the pepe version of Simon Mayo?

Because the point of a superhero is to save other people. While they might not be in any danger, the people under their care are. I think the problem in a lot of superhero movies is that the people being saved don't matter.