Lady Bird

I’ve been listening to a lot of Mountain Goats lately (I’m a pretentious shit I know) and this really captured the spirit they have in some of their albums. Particularly All Hail West Texas and Sunset Tree.

The writing in this was really well-done, and the actors sold it in a way that reminded me a little of this year’s The Florida Project, where it didn’t quite feel like a movie and actors. Just people, living their lives.

You're comparing a movie no one's seen yet with a band that only some people on this board have heard of and comparing it to another whogivesafuck indie movie . What's your endgame here?

It's pretentious, speculative shitposting; the heart of Sup Forums unfortunately.

wait for my reply lad, whenever this drops in my country or a WEBrip cames, what happens first

this
why didn't you just say kino bro? us Sup Forums posters only watch real fun films like baby driver and blade runner 2

I mean I was hoping people on this board actually watched movies (especially A24 movies since they’ve had mostly hits as of late)

It’s oscar season so I always hope I can talk around this time of year

You honestly think The Mountain Goats are obscure?

I just wanted an honest discussion

>Lady Bird
what a pretentious goofy title...American ten movies are really obnoxious

>Lady Bird
>-"what a pretentious title"

The absolute state of an alienated Sup Forums

Mountain Goats isn't pretentious at all and that comparison makes me want to see the movie even more. Unfortunately the only theater it's in is about 45 minutes away. Hopefully some more theaters get it soon.

>liking anything besides capeshit or GOT
>pretentious

This board is the absolute worst

>only some people on this board have heard of
>LEL DUDE U THINK THEYRE SUPER OBSCURE FUKKEN HIPSTER
You look pretty dumb right now m8

I watched 'Lady Bird' last night, the movie was very well made and acted although I didn't see a point in it being made. I could see it being a book, then being adapted for fans, or new people, but I just didn't get it passed it being a coming of age story about a girl finding herself in her 1 year of living in Sacramento.

Yeah I know, only capeshit and oscarbait deserves to be done

Dude, shut the fuck up. What a stupid assumption to make after what my post was. You're a fucking retard.

I know, I only watch things that really deserves to be done whatever my standards are.

I gave my opinion, don't get too offended. I can see an audience for it but I was confused by what the purpose of the movie was. Not a lot went on. Again, don't be offended, little honey, that I didn't enjoy your movie all that much.

The acting and directing was amazing like I originally said. The STORY wasn't all that compelling. ;_;

man, I just enjoy triggering special snowflakes, lazy thing to do I know, but still

Oh okay. Later faggot lol

>I just didn't get it passed it being a coming of age story about a girl finding herself in her 1 year of living in Sacramento.

That was part of the charm, imo. I like stories that take place over a relatively short amount of time, that give you a glimpse into a person’s life and the little idiosyncrasies therein

Yeah, but they’re less known (every time I say I’m on a Mountain Goats kick someone either makes a joke about literal mountain goats or they go “The fuck is that”) so I assumed people thought it was pretentious or “artsy”.

It’s not, though, I know.