Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer

That DuckTales trailer was pretty cool, huh? But it's also made me wonder about something.

According to Charlotte Marie Jackson (a former board artist) as well as Aaron Springer (the CREATOR himself), Billy Dilley's supposed to premiere Spring 2017:
twitter.com/colorpulp/status/834208854426603520
twitter.com/aaron_springer/status/817160444171272192

So, why is Disney completely ignoring it and hyping the hell outta DuckTales, which doesn't come till Summer? A teaser was released for DuckTales back in DECEMBER, and now a full trailer with actual footage?! Meanwhile, all we have for Billy Dilley is this one promotional image that was released back when the show was first announced, and an unofficial behind-the-scenes photo from one of the voice actors (twitter.com/catiewayne/status/799028788721913856).

What's the deal, Disney? Also, Billy Dilley/Aaron Springer/Korgoth thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kLpb4XivEgk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe they regret buying it, don't think it will succeed, and are hoping to air all the episodes as rapidly and as silently as possible to be rid of it ASAP.

I guess this thread should've been started back when the DuckTales ones were still going.

>So, why is Disney completely ignoring it and hyping the hell outta DuckTales, which doesn't come till Summer?
I have 2 options:
>it's Disney's usual incompetency
>it's gonna get delayed

I'm excited

because it's fucking Ducktales, a reboot. Disney would show off a cartoon people have nostalgia for.

This.

Animation reminds me of Chowder and Uncle Grandpa
Who exactly is/are behind this show?

WHY DO THEY NEVER JUST... CANCEL IT OUTRIGHT?

Why do they always do this bullshit just like they did with Tron Uprising?
>Ooops we have Star Wars to promote, can't risk making competition between our own shows DESPITE THE FACT WE OWN EVERYTHING.
You know what they did to Uprising? Cut the budget to 20% of what it was originally going to be, that's why they murdered the original 2D art style in favor of the ugly Flash-looking trash and send it to air only on Sundays at 0:00 AM

Confirmed Crew (might be missing some names)
Clay Morrow (Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff girls, Camp Lazlo, Chowder, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Kick Buttowski, Mickey Mouse shorts)
Robertryan Cory (Ren and Stimpy APC, The X's, Post-Movie Spongebob, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Gravity Falls)
Andy Gonsalves (Uncle Grandpa)
Drew Applegate (followed me on tumblr when I mentioned being hype for the show once)
Todd Hoppmeyer (Wander Over Yonder)
Andy Gonsalvez (Gravity Falls)
Chris Tsirgiotis
Merriwether Williams
Levon Jihanian (Over The Garden Wall)
Ben Adams (Flapjack)

*art style reminds [you] of Chowder and Uncle Grandpa

We haven't seen any footage in motion yet. Aaron Springer (SpongeBob, Samurai Jack, Korgoth, Mickey Mouse Shorts) is the creator, so the show's gonna have a very old-school feel to it. Based on Springer's psychedelic doodles on his Twitter, it makes sense that Billy Dilley could be compared to UG 'cause it looks like they share the same surreal influences.

Here are some confirmed crew members:
>Robertryan Cory (Gravity Falls, SMFA)
>Andy Gonsalves (Uncle Grandpa, GF Journal 3)
>Charlotte Marie Jackson
>Drew R. Applegate
>Merriwether Williams (SpongeBob, Adventure Time)
>Levon Jihanian (Over the Garden Wall)
>Chris Tsirgiotis (My Life as a Teenage Robot, Wander Over Yonder, etc.)

I feel like Disney lost hope in this show's success. It may become their very own Uncle Grandpa: a mostly harmless cartoon that embraces slapstick, episodic comedy (something that the general public stopped pining for in favor of angstier, more serialized cartoons). It's also not such a good thing that, like Uncle Grandpa, the protagonist has a design that most people won't find appealing.

I'm excited, but also worried for the fate of Aaron Springer's first show.

Hideous character design

>We haven't seen any footage in motion yet.
I'm crossing my fingers that they use traditional hand-drawn animation to keep the nostalgic, '70s feel the show seems to be aiming for.

If it ends up being computer-animated (WOY, The Loud House), I just hope it still looks fun and not too stiff.

I can only say that about Billy Dilley himself. Zeke and Marsha's designs are pretty cool.

Aaron Springer made Korgoth of Barbaria, right? You think the show could have any waifus?

It seems like Disney is going to be doing a lot this spring and summer but we don't even know what month anything is happening much less the day.

What do you guys think Billy's voice is gonna sound like?

Disney just airs things in bombs now.

>cut budget to 20%
>so they made it in CG instead of 2D
That makes no fucking sense, user.

>The comedy series follows Billy Dilley, an “eccentric science-obsessed seventh-grader,” and his lab partners Zeke and Marsha, who discover a magical world beneath the Earth’s surface during their summer break.
Considering Aaron Springer's past work, I'm reeeeally intrigued by this premise.

>Hnnnnnnnnnnghh
What's this from?

They might want to space out their preview releases. The crew may be late on their deadlines and are pushing trailer releases more and more (It happens). Shows with no built-in don't need long exposed hype time because people will forget about them by then.

Also

>copy pasted a post I made in a previous thread (given the "(followed me on tumblr when I mentioned being hype for the show once)")
kinda surreal

youtube.com/watch?v=kLpb4XivEgk

Just wanna take a moment to say I loved the latest Uncle Grandpa episodes that premiered this past December. "MacGuffin", "Tongue Tied", and "Sheep Deprivation" were definitely my favorites!

I'm gonna miss that show.

That's a pretty neat theme song(?). Can't wait to hear the full thing!

Thanks, famiry.

If only Baloobaloob had been released in higher quality; you can't even fully appreciate 's insane curves!

That was great. I really need to watch all of the Cartoonstitute shorts, the only ones I ever saw were Regular Show and Uncle Grandpa.

art style change?

What are you talking about, user? Of the few images we've seen, everything's looked the same.

To be Aaron is a creator is to suffer.

You blind nigga?

The OP is obviously in flash/toonboom and has cleaner linework/more detail while the second looks like traditional and is QUALITY.

B O I

looks cleaner and more polished because it's a PROMOTIONAL IMAGE, while is ACTUAL FOOTAGE from the show (which requires multiple frames). Promo art for just about every possible animated series is gonna look more detailed than the actual show (extra shading, possibly more defined outlines) because the promo art remains as just one image instead of a fully animated sequence that needs to look consistent in quality.

This idea sort of works itself into live action as well; posters are gonna look more polished and refined (usually with extra touches of Photoshop) than the actual footage because filmmakers/editors/cinematographers can't spend countless hours adding pretty effects to all their footage.

From what we've seen, all the character designs and the background art style look the same.

Yeah, man. Disney's gonna censor the hell out of him unless they're as lenient with him as they are with Pickle and Peanut.

You really think the characters and style look the same? You need to get your eyes checked man.

And Disney's promotional art always looks like the final show, show me one that doesn't outside of this one.

This promo poster for gravity falls looks as much like the final show itself as the billy dilley promo image resembles its final show: the reason why most disney show promotional images completely match the final show these days is because most modern disney shows ARE done in toonboom

Surprised this thread is still up, considering we don't really have much info to go on about it.

Western animation is fucking dead