Both CN protagonists

>both CN protagonists

>one character is meant to be the savoir of the world
>embodies humanity
>cries when he's reminded of his lost family
>goes through a long arduous journey learning about the world and every technique he needs to learn to succeed in saving the world
>understands the great evil he must eventually face

>one character is supposed to also save the planet
>was meant to be the best of humanity and gemkind put together
>cries at the drop of a hat
>never learns anything about the world he's protecting, doesn't even go to school
>still doesn't know what the fuck happened or what's going on

We all know what Jack grows up into but what the hell kind of person would Steven be with his experience in his adolescence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J4w0oAFPBGE
youtube.com/watch?v=SPXQN896P74
youtube.com/watch?v=QhkwNHs44Fk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the left one is drawn in a neat style

the right one is drawn in pure cancer and shitty "le anime wan piss crying" and other anime reference trash

Ironic considering the left one is the asian character.

I'm still cross Steven is supposed to be 13, I tolerated this shitty character under the assumption that he was only a small child up until that reveal. Anyone who thinks his behaviour is normal or even acceptable at that age has some deep rooted issues.

He wouldn't be giving Aku any trouble, that's for damn sure.

>Jack gets a montage of his childhood
>You have to sit through Steven's childhood
Yeah omg I wonder why they're different :/ :/ :/ :| lol

Wait, I thought he was like 12. How old is he supposed to be?

Nice b8

Being half immortal alien fucked with his aging process and maturity level, they've already acknowledged that.

I really can't wait for SU to end. It's such a shitty shoe.

Nice Reading comprehension dude

It's not that abnormal considering his circumstances.

Canon manchild.

>13
>not a small child
underageb& detected
MODS

>I'm still cross Steven

You didn't exactly make it easy to read

they fucked with his age to deal with production delays and the VA's inevtiable puberty. the second he starts, you can be sure steven'll have "that" episode

and connie will go nuts again

Watched Steven Universe for the first time the other day. Something about the guy breaking his leg and Steven kept going back and forth through a portal.

It was pretty shit.

steven is a faggot and the writers are black rimmed glasses wearing, faggot sjws who push "progressive" agendas through their cartoon

That's just britbong slang, fuck's sake.

People say it here in burgerland too. That guy's just retarded.

Except he is a small child, he's mentally and physically 8 years old.

>Steven is 13
>acts like he's perpetually 8 years old

I really think he stopped mentally maturing when he stopped living with his dad Greg. Even now he still hasn't reflected mental aging, which is how he even changes his age to begin with. It doesn't help the gems coddle him and he has no frame of reference of what's an acceptable mental state at his age since he isn't exposed to other kids his age on a significant basis.

Reminder that Steven walks around town like this because nobody has the good sense to make fun of him for his dumb bullshit.

Also captcha

THAT IS CORRECT user!!! FOR I, AKU, SHAPE SHIFTING MASTER OF DARKNESS WOULD ANNIHILATE THE GEMS AND STRIP MINE THEIR PLANET. THE EMOTIONALLY STUNTED BOY SHALL BE SET TO THE PIT OF HATE AND TOIL IN IT FOR THE REST OF HIS PATHETIC LIFE. EVEN THE VAUNTED DIAMONDS CANNOT HOLD A CANDLE TO THE MIGHTY AKU. I WILL CRUSH THEM IN TO WORTHLESS RHINESTONES.

he doesnt go to school?

Snowflakes don't need school. Whatever they say is already right.

It's never too late to kys.

Also nice cherrypicking by putting a serious scene to the left and a joke one to the right. All it lacks now is an "aryan" under Jack and "nigger" under Steven.

I can appreciate an honest overlord.

>using internet emotes to imitate a facial expression

You can attach images to your post, fyi.

i mean i dont watch the show, but is that really the reason why he doesnt go to school or is it because hes not a human or some shit or he downloads implanted memories or whatever the venture brothers did

Just like everything else in this shitty show. They don't explain it or even acknowledge it.

Jesus christ, tumblr, you could at least pretend like you know how to post

He doesn't go to school because he's almost always with the gems, which used to be because he would fight gem monsters with them and learn how to use his own gem and the powers it has.

I say 'used to be' because there hasn't been a 'Crystal Gems fight Gem Monsters' episode in a while now and Steven has already unlocked abilities to bubble himself, produce a shield, make healing spit, affect his own gravity, and fuse with humans/gems. In these instances the Crystal Gems hardly are the ones to bring the abilities out in Steven, they just manifest when needed.

but jacks asian...

Kek.

Saved.

There's a comic book about Steven trying to go to school that probably explains it, but I can't be bothered to read it.

>implying Steven wouldnt redeem Aku with love and kindness

And Steven isn't black. It was a joke.

Japanese are honorary Aryan

>love and kindness
>Aku

There's absolutely no way Steven can turn Aku. This is the guy who torments people for fun, kidnaps dogs, burns cities, enslaves royalty, and tells horrible stories to children. He's undeniably evil with no sense of compassion in him to appeal to.

I'm pretty sure it was story time'd, the excuse was that Steven is actually really smart because he always studies with pearl off screen. Pretty sure he tested out of middle school or whatever grade he's supposed to be in.

14. Steven is 14

The gems don't even know what a school is for

That shit is not canon.

>Steven is actually really smart because he always studies with pearl off screen
This is not true at all

He's homeschooled?
Well that makes more sense than him sitting at home doing nothing for however many years he was living with the gems before ep 1

Aku has spent centuries tormenting the universe. What is one kid going to do?

Hug him and say it's ok to be afraid, and then cry.

That's a pretty lazy way to acknowledge it.

>but what the hell kind of person would Steven be with his experience in his adolescence

>redeem
>Aku
The man is the literal embodiment of evil and cruelty, there's no way in hell steven could convert him
Besides, Aku is much better when he's evil

The show is lazily made, lazily planned, and lazily written. What did you expect?

All the power in the world can't save you from having a disgusting pig nose.

Could Jack take on the evil gems from Steven's series?

What if you genocide all straight-nosed people? Then pig-noses would just be regular noses.

Once everybody is pig nosed. No one will be.

Exactly

Yes. He would also be able to murder them with the Scotsman as backup

Uhh, whoa dude. You sure like, cry a lot. huhuhuhuh uh huh huh huh.

Is it because you're fat? heheheh mhehehehehe heh.

I thought the same about Discord.

top laff

nice bait
im sure people who never saw SU believe what you say

Yeah, when I saw that I was like.

Hehe he what a little fag.

but beavis cried

>watched for the first time
>started with House Guest over half way into season 1
>its easily one of the top 5 worst episodes ever

you realize that episode was so bad it basically got the boarder that made it fired right?

Now boys, if Steven is in touch with his feminine side that's nothing to make fun of, mkay? Maybe you two should take the rest of the day to reflect, and maybe even learn something about yourselves.

And voiced by a black man

>badly imitating Pearl's voice
It's okay to cry Steven. Want me to feel your boobs? huhuhuh huh huh huh uh huhuhuhuh.

Cute

If I had the self confidence I totally would walk around like that

Ahahahahahahaha NO
No and no NO NO Holy shit NO.

There is no such as "normal" "regular" "weird"

There is only good looking and bad looking. There is only quality and shit.
Same deal with races. Same deal with aliens coming to our planet and pretending to look good.
There are our testosterone and estrogen which guide us to either gender, but then there is pure aesthetic judgement which no chemical can trick you into believing otherwise.

Something hack artists, muslims, jews, tumblrinas and rich people will never understand and come to accept.

He's not even signed in registry office (probably)

He's 14

>no birth certificate
>no social security number
>no DNA/fingerprints on record
Steven could drift through the world like a ghost

He already sort of does. No school, no need for an ID yet since there's nothing a 14 year old can do with significance that requires identification, nothing tying him to one spot outside of his dad, a donut shop, and a fry shop he can get free fried leftovers from.

Now what would happen if Steven required hospital care?
Funny shenanigans with hospital administration (including Connie's mom)?

>joke one to the right.
Wasn't it a really emotional scene about Steven trying to protect Connie from all the freaky Gem shit by pushing her away though?

Discord is the living embodiment of chaos and chaos isn't necessarily evil. Aku is the living embodiment of fucking evil; there's no way around it.

no, there's no way.
But with SU writers....

>I really think he stopped mentally maturing when he stopped living with his dad Greg
No, he stopped at 8 years old.
He's 14 now and has only been with the gems for like 2-3 years actually.

When the series started was around when he started living with them.
Since then, there's at least been two annual Beachapaloozas.
It's probably been a bit over 2 years altogether.

>Gem bodies are projected light
>Steven defeats Aku by instructing the gems to hug him
>somehow this defeats Aku

I could see this. It's shit, but I could legitimately see this happen.

Aesthetics aren't objective.

Anatomy is, though. Tell Koveliana that he is a talentless hack who needs to read Loomis and fix that fucking shoulder.

>Being half immortal alien fucked with his aging process and maturity level
So is he like the reverse version of one of those loli princesses that are really seven hundred years old?

Its going to be significantly more awkward when Aku pretends to be his love interest to troll him.

Not quite, but Connie, who is not quite 13 at this point, assumed he was the same age or younger.

The difference between these two shows a real problem with how society is changing
Jack portrays a character that is always trying to improve himself and is generally someone to aspire towards being
Stephen on the other hand is in a state of arrested development telling kids they never have to mature or improve themselves but everyone will unconditionally love and pamper them anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=J4w0oAFPBGE
He was trying to put up an edgelord "I can't have friends" act but he failed miserably because he's just a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=SPXQN896P74
youtube.com/watch?v=QhkwNHs44Fk
^ compare it with a scene where he cries and it's played seriously or when he's just 100% aggressive.

Not him, but shut the fuck up retard. 13 is closer to legal adulthood than to your birth, so it's fair to say you aren't a small child.

Steven cries so much it sucks out the emotional punch when he does cry and it's over something really poignant.

>a real problem
What problem? Isn't it a good thing if you don't have to struggle for survival?

>I am thirteen years old and deeply insecure about it.

The crying wasn't played as a joke though, it was him having an emotional breakdown.

Until a few years ago, in Spain the legal age of consent was 13 so...

If you just fucking watched it and experienced the episodes where the show climaxes, you'd see the error of your ways or you would still hate it because if you can't stand the cheesy fluffiness of the show there's no way you'll ever enjoy it

It would be even more awkward if Connie and lars gets jealous over Steven and succesfully sabotage all Aku's plans.

I can't believe there's someone on Sup Forums who still thinks Steven's tears mean anything

You can have humor and drama at the same time, you know? The feelings are genuine but the way his face is shown all ugly and sobbing is supposed to make you think "oh silly Steven, you're just not cut for this".
Remember that the cartoon is still a feelgood comedy for the most part.

I see you accidentally put a > in there.

Anyway, if you think a thirteen year old is a small child you are either a bona fide retard, or an actual minor who is older than 13 and thinks that they can wear "big boy boots" now.