Is it worth it to keep up with cinemassacre anymore?

Is it worth it to keep up with cinemassacre anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tHsxCjuKfoY
youtube.com/watch?v=FHZ87J4Ffdc
youtube.com/watch?v=zz1xMEVkIUo
youtu.be/FHZ87J4Ffdc?t=1777
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>episode talking about controllers
>holds up Xbox Controller S
>talks about how it's too big

James videos are pretty comfy

youtu.be/tHsxCjuKfoY

Just watched this kino, what did I think of it?

>'keeping up' with Internet celebrities

The only thing you should keep up is the noose around your neck.

>holds up Dual Shock
>"here is the original PS controller"
>James claiming to be a horrorhead and a film maker
>Makes a totally shitty and disappointing series of shorts about Polybius
>Anything with Ryan in it

Nah, not really.

>constantly shits on "found footage" movies
>he makes one and it's shitty

really makes u think

I think the idea could've been great but he has ZERO subtlety now and worse than that his shitty viewers just blindly exclaim everything he makes is AMAZING.

Wouldn't that series be so much better if instead of him overacting and having a bunch of dialogue, he just started talking about the game but then drifted off and the video was just an hour or something of him playing in silence.

Fuck you could even just loop footage since it's not like anyone would notice. Hell, even throw in some cheeky shit in the background that's barely noticeable.

Makes me sad to think what could've been desu.

I'm still subbed to their channel, but I've not clicked into one of their videos in a long time. Nothing is really interesting.

Ryan videos blow chunks, and they have lots of playthrough videos for consoles nobody cares about anymore.

Red Letter Media does more of what I'm looking for these days. I can always go to twitch.tv for games.

James actually mentioned Bootsy in the latest video they did about controllers and Mike looked like he had just had his heart ripped out of his chest. I'm surprised he didn't cut the whole part out.

link
timestamp

What's Mike thinking here?

The AVGN videos are so lackluster now. They used to have tight editing that at least helped make it funny, now they're just long sections of him talking calmly to a camera. His Hong Kong 97 review was so boring, half of its just him laughing, with no cuts or editing.

youtube.com/watch?v=FHZ87J4Ffdc
Starting around 29-30 minutes in.

wow a .web that makes me feel warm inside to be insufferably alone

It fucking nothing

The state of cinemassacre

Kek

"I love awful jokes. When a joke or a line of dialogue is obviously really bad or unfunny, that’s when I decide to keep it!" -Mike Matei
Explains a lot

This is worse than Brown Bricks by a lot. The only reason he doesn't get more shit for this is because it's so terrible that most people haven't finished it.

cursed webm

Mike didn't seem to even react. That being said, the fact that James nonchalantly brought up Bootsy shows that James probably had nothing to do with him leaving.

how is he the only non obese person in the room

This webm makes them all look like low iq fuckers

mike looks like a supermodel surrounded by these fucking ogres

who do this app on his 10" cock

They must have filmed that a while ago because Mike says "hopefully the switch controllers are good".

>Is it worth it to keep up with cinemassacre anymore?
Not really, no. I stay subbed but I don't really watch most of what they put out because it's almost all garbage. Getting rid of Bootsy and replacing him with Ryan really killed the channel.

so this is what pure autism looks like

>and they have lots of playthrough videos for consoles nobody cares about anymore.
To be fair, their audience is primarily people in their 30s+ at this point. The average person watching vidya shit on youtube won't be interested, but their audience is.

james still puts out good content, be it avng (he even admits heres running out of content there) he's movie reviews are solid though.
Mike grew on me a bit, but still seems a bit ADD/Scatterbrained. Ryan is just a cringy stuttering mushmouth.

Ryan is just a fat version of Mike, and if he told less corny jokes with curse words

Love the new horror trivia series of vids. The Cardboard in Dracula, The Guy with the Lamp in Phantom of the Opera, What Happened to Frankenstein's brain.

James is clearly more interested in horror movies than games, and it shows in the quality of the entertainment.

When James has something to say, he's pretty enjoyable. But when he's playing a game for the first time (like on james and mike mondays), he just has literally nothing to say.

might as well be the MikeChannel

so no

hate how he talks over james constantly

I'd rather be watching Mike shit on a dumb kid's movie than what they put out now. We were wrong. We were so fucking wrong.

You could see a progression of Mike on and behind the scenes, I'd say he earned his slot.
I look at Ryan and wonder how the fuck he got that gig. His on camera presence is horrible.
Like if you strike up random small talk with a stranger or acquaintance and they dont stop babbling about shit you care about even after you checked out 5 minutes ago. I dont even see potential in him. Their channel their choice, im just another opinionated asshole on the internet.

He got the gig because he owns Cinemassacre through his shitty Screenwave Media company.

>I look at Ryan and wonder how the fuck he got that gig.
This is really what baffles me. Mike was there from the start, he helped James build his video game collection, and he's grown as a video maker. Bootsy knew his shit about video games and was really good at difficult video games (hell, I'll just say it: Bootsy was better at and more knowledgeable about video games than Mike or James), plus he was fun to watch in videos. But with Ryan, it's like some fanboy won a contest to be the third wheel, and now we're just stuck with him.

dropped it years ago, but...
...holds true

fat markiepoo

>he's movie reviews are solid though

His movie reviews are pretty entry-level desu, I like the guy but he's the sort of the guy who already had his views on film set in stone and went to film school to add onto that instead of broadening his horizons (or learning more about the medium).

Once again I like James but his movie reviews are usually the same after you see enough of them.

Not him but to be fair the bar is set incredibly low for Youtube movie reviewers. Haven't seen a ton of James's reviews, but from what I've seen, he's an upper tier Youtube movie reviewer.

I think someone like Oliver Harper is a better entry-level reviewer when it comes to movies.

He also doesn't really critically analyse anything, but he's good at expressing the little things about movies (tone, the production, the reception, the plot, etc).

James isn't bad, but he's just sort of FINE. I think people seem to overrate his movies reviews since he's a chill and likeable guy, but if his review isn't about horror/kaiju, he always seems out of his depth.

I think you're right but, again, the bar is set very, very low on Youtube. James is better than Chris Stuckmann, who I'd say is your average Youtube movie reviewer.

Yeah I can agree with that.

Stuckmann is absolutely the definition of completely dull.

James and Mike Mondays are comfycore. I still watch them in the morning because they are easy to listen too and don't rely on a bunch of loud and annoying sounds. Its just two dudes talking about a game.

I don't even play or care about videos games. I just watch their videos out of habit at this point.

So 99% of all videos on Youtube. Thanks for nothing you worthless whore.

Sorry I have a preference. Maybe if you actually thought for yourself instead of trying to be edgy you would enjoy more things and life and actually form your own preferences.

>tfw will never be hung like mike

if you like watching a trainwreck and downfall of a man, yes.

>Ryan is just a fat version of Mike
not really, ryan is by far the most knowledge about games out of all of them. he actually plays modern games, and I mean actual modern games, not the pixie indie garbage mike and james plays. Not to mention he knows stuff about PC, unlike mike and james that didn't even know how to fucking record PC games so they literally recorded footage dsp-style with a camera recording a monitor. That fat fuck still sucks tho

>hate how he talks over james constantly
that's james fault though, for being such a beta bitch.

Bootsy is the real beta. James is literally a foot taller than Bootsy

Let me just get out in front of all the bullshit this thread will spread.
James is awesome and not a cuck. James is the face of Cinemassacre but could never make it work without Mike.
Bootsy was being a retard and he had to go. Mike is better at games than him anyway.
Ryan is a cool, interesting guy with lots of personality, but usually has to be told which opinions are correct from Mike.
Mike's girlfriend is NOT a tranny and we're very happy together.
OKAY?

bootsy might be a manlet, but he's not a beta bitch like james, why is why he's not in the videos anymore, because he dared to question the authority of mikey

MIKEY pls, it's not even subtle.

youtube.com/watch?v=zz1xMEVkIUo

FREE LAND OF AMERIFAT.

Mike's voice cracks at 29:37
youtu.be/FHZ87J4Ffdc?t=1777

Hey Mike!

>James probably had nothing to do with him leaving
>probably
james has no control over what happens at cinemassacre.

So what did they think of Justice League? Give me the quick rundown.

There are hours of videos documenting internet tards like Chris Chan, Darksydephil, and ThatGuyWithTheGlasses. I'm concerned that not enough people will ever know about the legacy Mike Matei is leaving us with. Brown Bricks got memed on a little bit, but the masses will know about Loco Bandito.

both of them said it was okay, but not as good as as wonderwoman. Yes, both of them think Gal Gadot is a great actress.

NO!

Reminder that Mike said the Alien franchise should be more like Star Wars.

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

There thousands of people watching the channel and this lazy fuck can't even wash his air. I don't get it.

>when mike plugs his blog

I think he needs to learn how to shampoo and condition his hair jesus christ. You could probably see your reflection in it.

does ryan douse himself with grease instead of shower? i do wonder

because mike is smart and doesn't address the whole thing.

Guitar Guy got out just in time! He should join up with Bootsy and make a show. You know it would be better than anything on Cinemassacre these days.

>2 bland fucks talk about games
kek

This.
Outside of skits, nobody at Cinemassacre has a genuinely charismatic personality and they're as stiff as a brick, and can overly emote through incredibly exaggerated cartoon characters.

James has lost his touch.

Is he /ourguy/?

why does he put lipstick?

when will manlets learn?

This is the long lost brother to inspector gadget. many have forgotten about this one, but it's almost more pathetic

reasons.

hahah what a fucking manlet, thank mike for kicking that manlet off the show.

the mario odyssey video was fucking awful, thesw guys are fucking retards

well, james was in special-ed school...

>he just has literally nothing to say.
>...yeah
>yeah.
>....yeah
>yeah...

avgn videos are overproduced now. same reason why jontron sucks

when did he said that?

>I enjoy insanely pedestrian videos of people playing videogames adding nothing to the experience

In older games James and Mike would add little asides, but they don't seem to know anything or even have interesting anecdotes any more.

That Mario Odyssey video was just a pain to get through. It's actually quite sad.

>haha it looks like metropolis
>yeah haha purgatory so funny haha

christ.