ITT: Characters who were actually forgotten

Meet Charles Vickers. The ACTUAL 4rth Green Lantern after Stewart and before Kyle. He only appeared for like 2 or 3 stories before dying. Not even Johns remembers this guy or any Green Lantern writer. Did he come back in blackest night? Fuck no. He was just forgotten.

Post your favourite forgotten characters.

Other urls found in this thread:

s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=19589
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Didn't Greg Weisman plan to headline some sort of cartoon with him?

Didn't they make him a Darkstar?

RIP Patriot

Yep!

Wasn't Charlie introduced before both Guy and John? I know he came before John, at least

But yeah Charlie is a cool dude with a lot of wasted potential

Yeah he did. I forgot what issue he showed up but it was around #30-50. He was pretty interesting seeing how he was an Actor who's brother got killed and then donned the ring when they were recruiting never to return to earth because he was in another sector.

Yes, IIRC he was the SECOND Green Lantern not counting Alan.

He actually played Hal in a TV show and that's how they met.

Kana the Secret Shadow Warrior was a Japanese man who was trained in the ancient arts of the ninja since he was just a boy. When he reached manhood and returned to his village, he found his parents hanged by Imperial Japanese soldiers because they were friendly with westerners. Because of this, Kana smuggled himself to Britain and offered his services to the man known as Control, the head of the O.S.S. Control accepted Kana's offer and Kana was sent out to fight the soldiers of his homeland, as well as help out American G.I.'s stationed in the Pacific Theater.

Hal Jordan. Nobody cares about Hal Jordan.

They made most of the surviving Lanterns from Emerald Twilight into Darkstars. Pretty sure he died when Grayven attacked.

He's in AoS right now m8

He used to be a JSA reserve member.

Comic or show

I seriously challenge you guys to find one hero, non-secondary character ten or more years old who hasn't been brought back in some form five or more years later.

Writers love to dig through the Who's Who books to find characters that never got more appearances.

Hal Jordan was meant to be in Robinsons E2.
RIP

Aren't you glad we got more Superman and Batman instead of this loser? DC did everyone a favor by running Robinson off :^)

Reed Richards
Susan Storm
Johnny Storm
Ben Grimm

Forever in our memories, forever ignored by Marvel editorial for petty reasons. RIP.

If Robinson just let Taylor write the Earth 2 Batman book we wouldn't have this problem, but he threw a bitchfit and took his toys with him.

It's easy to blame Robinson for leaving, but DC didn't make a single good decision regarding that book either

There were problems on both sides, but everyone tries to make it look like Robinson was some persecuted victim.

It hurts, but they're better off in Limbo. Bendis can't hurt them there

Fant4stic was not too bad of a movie actually. Not as bad as people say at least. That rushed ending killed me though.

I mean yeah if he'd stayed there would probably have been a bit more JSA attention but with editorial pushing destruction and death and trinity characters I don't really blame him for leaving

Taylor on a second book instead of the main book wouldn't have done anything except delay the inevitable

Yeah. It sounded interesting, but I'm not sure Johns would've been happy with Hal as a supporting character.

Wrong Patriot

J. Wilbur Wolfingham. Old Superman enemy whose schtick was being a super-wealthy grifter. His schemes were never ILLEGAL, just super fucking backhanded and dickish. So Superman and Lois Lane would always find a way to make the scheme backfire.

Gradually got phased out as Lex Luthor subsumed the "super wealthy tycoon" character aspect into himself alongside "mad scientist."

I still think this guy would have been better than Lex as the villain of the 1978 Superman movie.

He was brought back by Gerber for his A.Bizarro.

Charlie boy was a Darkstar too, respect nigga.

Source? I didn't know about this.

s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=19589

To add to that: Weisman and Vietti were supposed to have been working on the GL show before making YJ. It was supposed to be YJ's premise (black-ops team of younger recruits) but with the GLs, with Hal and the other Earth Lanterns, as well as Kilowog, as recurring menotors. The main trio would've been Charlie Vicker, Arisia, and Arkkis Chummuck.

Weisman and Vietti were moved to Space Ghost after the GL movie was pushed back and Timm, Volpe, and others made GL:TAS. Space Ghost fell through and Weisman and Vietti made YJ.

I miss the days when superheroes could have silly villains who didn't want to murder everyone.

Sinjin Quarrel, the second Star-Lord. Ambiguously canon under Giffen but never directly referenced outside of the OHOTMU.

>The main trio would've been Charlie Vicker, Arisia, and Arkkis Chummuck.

What a strange group to base a show on.

What ever happend to Sodam Yat? Wasn't he supposed to be the Jesus Christ of Green Lanterns?

He reignited a sun, came back to life and got mind controlled and then did something during the Durlan shit of Vendittis run. He hasn't shown up since.

The mandate was to use unknown GLs at the time. So they could have them as teen heroes without anyone getting mad about it.

This guys last appearance was showing up to Captain America and saying that a terrible fate was to happen to him in 24 hours. That was in the 80's. Someone needs a modern revamp quick

What people always forget about Robinson is that he was trying to save himself from another Cry for Justice situation. When you're a writer, your name is your brand. Tarnish it too much with shitty stories, you fuck up your career.

>Bendis can't hurt them there
Sounds like someone isn't reading Infamous Iron Man.