We totally couldn't portray this character without CGI. No sir. It had to be done...

We totally couldn't portray this character without CGI. No sir. It had to be done. That video game-tier shit had to be there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m8tq7rWGbD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tfw a special effects from a movie like 60 years ago looks better than modern shit.

The CGI looks like shit, but the actual design is just awful. It looks like they pasted Don Lemon's face onto a Transformer that got pushed through a hydraulic press.

the entire thing that half his face is robot is stupid, and cliche as fuck. retarded. why cant they reinvent shit and not base stupid characters off 60's comic schlock for kids?

also, does the movie dealt into what its like living without a penis?

>we want the graphics card audience

youtu.be/m8tq7rWGbD8

>when you're also 3/5 of a head

What gets me is that the design is so fucking unoriginal, its like they asked them to look directly AT Transformers movies to get the inspiration.

I mean, Christ, he looks awful, sometimes less is really more, even Overwatch robots look more cyborg then him.

He should have been left out. No one gives a shit about cyborg.

Yeah, this design wouldn't fly even if it was an actual costume.

He didn't become an actor for this. Nobody fucking does.

best things to come out of this """""character"""" """"""""""""""""""""""design""""""""""""""""""""""

>half man, half machine
>half actor, half cg

META AS FUCK
BRAVO SNYDER

>terminator 60 years ago

Wasn't victor just in a car crash?
Why is his head the only part that survived?

nigga was menacing on Teen Titans

and no. that could be made on a real suit but, DUDE NO LETS SAVE MONEY AND DO CGI LMAO

More like 95% cg, 5% actor. Does that mean he only gets payed 5% as well?

LOOK AT THIS DUDE

I mean, he still used his own body for motion capture and had his own voice is in the movie. So if you think it that way, it is kinda 50/50.

Kinda.

Cyborg is always going to have the Aquaman problem. His name sounds dumb.

Better than just a graphics card, I guess.

Yeah but at least Aquaman looks kinda cool, and is a little fun sometimes.
What does Cyborg have going for him? What's driving people to watch his movie?

why Steve Jobs was so A E S T H E T I C

that man had great taste

To be fair, the original Terminator had some bad special effects in it.

>yfw terminator was 60 years ago

it probably cost more to do an elaborate 95% cg character

It probably would have been better if they made him bald in the new one too. Gotta keep my half-head cut fresh though.

true, but Macs are most useless

it was over 40..

he looks like an AMD graphics card if it turned into a robot

It was 33 years ago

The whole design is shit. I mean seriously everything about this is awful, it looks like a tiny version of a random background transformers grunt with some black dudes oversized head. Who fucking came up with this goddamn shit.

THAT SYMBOLISM
BRAVO SNYDER

yes the better part of a century

Snyder.
Sure it was someone else who designed it but Snyder said "this is what we need in the movie!"

Would cables and shit going in his skull be too graphic for the kiddies?

Haha get it?
Graphic!
xD

Half the movie looked like a video game.

Why is DC such a fucking joke?

It's not just DC or Marvel. Every super hero movie is like this now. The source material and the script requires the movie to have shit loads of CG. This is why I miss the Nolan era. Villains were just some dudes who want to terrorize the city. There's no need for CG in that.

Although Two-Face in TDKR was CG

Cyborg is usually around his best when he's paired with Beast Boy. They were the break out characters of the 80s comics. They had a great big brother/little brother dynamic and both have concerns about losing their humanity to their powers, but Beast Boy often acts as a light hearted foil to Cyborg's moodiness.
There's no way in hell DCEU is bringing in Beast Boy, though.

Fucking hell man, I like Cyborg, but this design is just so goddamn awful Seriously, who designed it should be blacklisted from ever working in the movie industry again. There isn't a single redeeming feature from this shit. The worst part is there are so many good variations of his design to choose from that doesn't rely on CGI. The only part that NEEDS CGI is the blaster, everything else doesn't.

God this wouldn't even be that hard to design if you wanted to be lazy.
Just make him a regular guy underneath a bulky armor, kinda like the cartoon.
And make the limbs look like pic related. It looks good, it looks robotic, and it looks functional.

Instead, for some reason they felt like doing something completely different and retarded. The design they picked would take more work to do and looks worse.
Its not practical in anyway shape or form. All the circuitry connecting parts together are exposed, and what little armor he does have looks like weak shit because it looks thin and its already crumpled before even took any blows.

Why can't we have good things in this universe?
Oh, yeah, Snyder.

Making Cyborg part motherbox was an asspull and one of the worst changes from the Nu 52.
Cyborg's main conflict was always the push/pull between upgrading himself to be better and stronger but not losing his humanity in the process.
Now that he's made of magic alien tech he's as upgraded as he'll ever need to be.

MOVIE MAGIC

wow it's almost like snyder doesn't understand shit at all!

TBF DC retconned all the best parts of Vic's backstory years ago.

He had that dynamic with Flash instead.

The thinking man's Cyborg

>They tried to force that dynamic with Flash instead

My only issues are that its not the bulky cyborg, and his suit isn't smoothed out. Hard to figure out a shape for him when its just mashed up metal.

smoothed out chest and shoulders would have been better

what is that in the background?

the problem is that his body doesn't have a fucking shape. there's no masculine silhouette at all, it's all fucked up. shoulders too narrow, torso too long. it's like an idiot designed it

Cyborg is like DC's Colossus. Fans love him and he's a great anchor for a team book, but he just doesn't work as a solo act.

He doesn't work as a lead in the JL
He is a solid Teen Titan
They put him in because DCs primary characters are all from the 30s-50s and white men
Okay fine fix that - there is the Green Lantern, you could cast a black dude at Martian Manhunter

>60 years

Try 90.

9000 hours in photoshop

I'll never get why DC had no faith in their other characters. They're the best characters to develop because they're a fresh start, they have no baggage. Aquaman and Wonder Woman are going to prop the DCEU up as a franchise.

lol wrong twice. Can you do math?

"better part of" means most of, so you're wrong again. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know a century is 100 years or that 33 years is less than half a century.

>It looks like they pasted Don Lemon's face onto a Transformer
Jesus christ, how did I never notice this. They could be brothers.

kek