So this.... is the power... of american.... animation

So this.... is the power... of american.... animation....

Wow....

youtu.be/UGDsQoyXSE4
youtu.be/OqL0y7u12DQ
youtu.be/UvwAU7BP8xA
youtu.be/RvgYOIHtWDA
youtu.be/8HOlXJ2EJxw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pMxr7XXCohM
youtu.be/C0-GHr3SeMQ
youtu.be/5ClW2ew-8_0
youtu.be/_RLuoiw0ogY
youtu.be/fLQZHR7bdLQ
youtu.be/DSQMtW0TwLA
youtu.be/NY9Gi-3M_NQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

comedy in anime:

>The joke is that in japanese those words use a similar kanji so he said the word but with a different meaning.

>The joke is the character having a over the top reaction to something, including a shitty drawing instead of face/body.

And that's all

Don't worry the agents of SHIELD on Milo Murphy's Law will save us.

The only people who like anime are nerds and child predators.

>The character eats an insane amount of food

This one always cracks me up

>MC enters a room
>it turns out that the main girl is in the room
>changing clothes or taking a bath!
>MC tries to leave but instead he falls in the boobs of main girl!
>main girl calls MC a hentai and he gets punched in the face

MY SIDES!!!!

Are we just memeing eachother or is anime humor really that bizarre? Is it just cultural differences or is anime really that stale?

>a character does something stupid
>another character point it out

>other character explains why stupid thing is stupid
hilarious!

It can be both. I found such humor to be funny ten years ago... these days, not so much.

how is this show still fucking running

It's the only show they air apparently.

A mix of both. The reality is that, much like the Germans, the Japs have a really poor sense of humor.

more like canada and korea but murricans pay for it.

It's your new favorite show!

What were the episodes of TTG where they make fun of the audience or people who complained about the show?

>female character trips on male character
>male character puts his hands up as they both fall
>female characters breast fall on male characters hand and male character takes a squeeze
>female character overreacts and punts male character hard enough he bleeds and goes flying off screen

HAHA GOD DAMN

There's also the fact that all of the shit that gets exported to the west for the consumption of American autistic nerds is stuff that's being made and marketed primarily for Japanese autistic nerds, not Japanese normies. Autistic nerds of any stripe are not well known for their cutting and witty sense of humor.

Golden Boy is the only funny anime.

Woah woah woah, hold on a sec
Slade is a girl?

>comedy by Rumiko
Nailed it. She's a fucking hack.

Nobody?

>he didn't watch nichibros

>"I thought it was a clear sky today but..."
>"KUMO!"

ok this was kind of cute
but everything else gave me cancer

Because you people won't shut the fuck up about it.

Cheap to make and sell merchandise a lot, because of much diversity.

>They didn't watch Ouran High School Host Club

>Germans have a really poor sense of humor
What about that prank they pulled in 1939?

>silly faces and yaoi:the anime

T. Only watched shitty early 00's anime

>he didn't watch Cromartie High School

HEY FREDDIE YOU'RE IN MY DESK

Fuck you Urusei Yatsura is a masterpiece.

>ITT: It's a Sup Forums is woefully outdated in knowing shit about anime thread

>Boy starts flirting with girl
>other girl how has crush on the boy gets jealous
>She violently strikes the boy
>this causes an outrageously large bump to form
EVERY TIME

It's surreal, most are bitching about tropes that lasted from 1999 - 2006

>didn't see dubbed shin chan
>didn't see dubbed ghost stories
>didn't even see dubbed sgt frog

every other episode is pushing kids to buy food and be a consumer

Well that was when the most anime was on American TV, so I'm not too surprised to see retards spamming jokes from back when anime network was still a thing

>Keroro
>Dubbed

How can you stand that audio monstrocity

I grew up with bad dubs and I find myself highly tolerable but I can't stand the dub for that for even 5 seconds straight

Let's Get Serious.

That's his daughter.

/spoonfeeding

>dubbed ghost stories
ok, you got me, I love that anime

>getting mad people are joking around about how shitty anime jokes actually are

>guy sees a naked girl
>has a nosebleed.
>friends looking at him get annoyed

MY SIDES!

>friends looking at him get annoyed
>instead of bleeding too
What kind of gay anime did you watch?

>sell merchandise a lot

I have never seen any toys of this, and I browse the toy aisles.

Half of the shows on CN don't even get TV viewers because they watch leaked episodes online. Little kids will sit and watch TTG on TV because
A: it's easy for them
B: it's on for a good 1/4 of the day
C: they either prevented from or don't know how to stream videos from leak sites
And D: Little kids will eat this shit right up

Can doesn't get anything off of leaking episodes (duh,) so they LOVES the TTG demographic; too young and / or restricted to torrent their episodes and young enough to feed mediocrity.

CN* not Can, I actually don't think any can based industry really has a dog in this fight. Maybe children's food companies.

>okemon

This

Konosuba is funnier than any american cartoon airing right now

>oudated
>even though they still use these tropes to this day

>mfw Sup Forums tells me that western cartoons rely to much on tropes and cliches unlike anime

This is actually true. Every episode gets one good hard laugh out of my brother and I.

but the rest of the internet has fed off of the funny Sup Forums meems for years

The last time Japan was BTFO this hard was 1945

So this.... is the power... of Japanese.... animation....

Wow....

youtu.be/pMxr7XXCohM
youtu.be/C0-GHr3SeMQ
youtu.be/5ClW2ew-8_0
youtu.be/_RLuoiw0ogY
youtu.be/fLQZHR7bdLQ
youtu.be/DSQMtW0TwLA
youtu.be/NY9Gi-3M_NQ

Don't forget
>Stating the punchline thereby killing the joke

That one kills Japanese comedy for me

It's painfully obvious nobody on Sup Forums has ever watched a comedy anime.

I haven't seen a single one from an anime from the last decade. And most of those gags are not even from actual comedy series, but are from romcoms, harems, or battle shounen series. It's like Sup Forums's entire exposure to anime comedy is stuff they saw on Toonami in 2002.

I've seen this one in particular in just about everything from Nichijou to the daily life of highschool boys.

Seen the rest of them in Konosoba at least once. Shit ain't outdated at all.

Konosoba is growing really predictable, especially in the punchline department. I want them to actually do something with their plot and characters. Or start telling different jokes. Subverting expectations and cliches becomes boring when it's the norm.

T-that kind of thing happens in real life, r-right?

happened to me multiple times and they never cared since they never saw me as a boy

>female main characters are taking a bath in a hotspring
>male main characters are peeping over the bushes and getting all excited
>one of the males slips and falls into the spring
>all of the main females are mildly surprised except for the tsunedere, who proceeds to overreact with firey eyes and comedically yells at the male
>tsundere then punches the male so hard he flies into the night sky that he exits the atmosphere and turns into a star
>next scene, he returns from orbit and lands head first next to the other male character

Toppest of Keks,

That's not really a gag, it's just how manzai comedy works. And it's more about the line reading and the execution of the joke than the actual jokes. Gags change over time as different fads come and go, the ones Sup Forums talks about were really popular 15 or so years ago, but they've long since fallen out of use.

Konosuba is just as hilarious as ever, the line reading is on point and the voice actors fucking nail their performances. Kazuma's voice actor in particular, Fukushima Jun, is fantastic in basically every episode, in ways that are really subtle. Konosuba is an anime that can have tiny split second gags that you miss if you're not paying attention. In fact I've noticed that the subtitles don't even catch them sometimes because his voice is so faint it's hard to hear him.

The japanese are truly the pinnacle of comedy.

>draw it a girl
>call it a hideoshi
Truly japan is the pinnacle of animation

0:49 on the first vid.
is that blackfire or just evil starfire?

Well then Manzai comedy a shit then and they should write new jokes rather than recycling old ones. Don't you get tired of seeing every punchline coming a mile away? Don't you get tired of laughing at the same fucking joke?

We in absolute agreement about Konosoba's VAs though. They're great.

>Male character trips on something
>Female character is suddenly standing over him
>he see's her pantsu and comments on the type
> She helps him up and asks if he's okay.

>The boys tried to spy on the girls, and the girls slapped them!

They got annoyed of Brock wanting to marry every girl. Nobody had nosebleeds, ever.

If you think Golden Boy is funny then Excel Saga is goint to kill you from laughter.

>it's an Sup Forums breaks out the "but you haven't seen THIS anime season, it's entirely different" excuse post

>female character removes clothes accidentally
>or male character enters the room as she does
>they both say "sorry/my fault" and forget about it quickly

>it's an Sup Forums praises the wordplay/verbal gag in a language they don't actually speak episode
This is like laughing at the conceptual idea of a joke but you can't actually ever be told.

No need to be rude Sup Forums you obviously just haven't seen the superior japanimations I've seen.

>Character grabs girls crotch
>Its a guy