Duke Thomas is the new Batman ?

Duke Thomas is the new Batman ?

Snyder is building up Duke, and I think I remember someone saying Tom King might kill Bruce,

oh boy…
bleedingcool.com/2017/03/02/dc-rebirth-panel-live-eccc-duke-thomas-will-expanded-dc-role-2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
arousinggrammar.com/2014/08/31/robins-adoption-and-the-uncle-situation/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop trying to make Duke happen, Snyder. Nobody cares.

Does he even have a hero name? Also Duke sucks

So that'd be what? The third time Bruce has 'died' and been replaced?

Nobody cares about Duke. Please stop

I don't care either, but really killing Bruce off has fast become cliche.

he is the new Kenny.

There are only 2 acceptable candidates for Batman's mantle should Bruce retires or dies. Duke certainly aint it.

No way in hell. Duke's entire schtick is not taking it too fast and actually learning from Batman. Duke literally wouldn't take the mantle if they tried to force it on him. The whole point of Robin war was he wasn't even ready to be a Robin.

Who will take care of damian ?Lois and clark can adopt him:)

>And talks about how Duke Thomas, starring in the nextAll-Star Batmanissue is expected to have expanded role across the DCU this summer.

Everyone was clamoring for him to have a bigger role, I'm sure.

His codename is Lark.

>His codename is Snyder pet .

If batman dies then he is not in the superson comics ? that's sad

>Batman
Scott Snyder and Zack Sndyer did great things for the character.Hahaha. That is just what I needed.

>While the fatness of the Chinese Batman was down to Gene recognising a lack of “chubby Asian characters” in the media here. Scott Snyder called for a “Chubby Chinese Dick Grayson.” Gene seemed to consider it…

Who is DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE?

Just a token black dude.

Problem with Duke is he is a bland character and is totally lost in the sea of satellite Batman capes and doesn't stand out at all. In the books Bruce has stated he is "doing something different" with Duke implying its not the same master-apprentice relationship we have seen before. Problem is that is exactly what it is, I haven't seen how Duke has been trained or treated differently than any other Robin beyond his costume.

He'll replace batman for a few issues then Bruce will come back. Storylines in comics don't matter outside of themselves so it doesn't really matter.

He doesn't even look very black in the OP. Just tan.

No Bruce will die Snyder saysi t .I wonder how batman will die,,

Duke should be Robin.

Why is Duke so special ?

I don't get it either.

The writer says so.

It seems to be a growing problem.

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Yes No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Of course not you idiots, Bruce is explicitly training Duke to be his own man outside of the Robins and Bats and he's not even featured on Tom King Batman, the expanded role means getting out of the ASB backups and maybe a role in the incoming great war Bruce is preparing for.

And stop being fucking butthurt every time some new guy joins the Batfamily, this has unironically been happening since Jason Todd.

So they removed David Zamvimbi/BatWing the African Batman to create Duke the afroamerican Robin

For what purpose?

If Dick couldn't replace Bruce when he died no one can.

He is featured in King's Batman run

No Snyder no matter how self aware Duke is that no one fucking wanted him well never accept him

Originally he was the leader of a group of Gotham kids inspired by Robin to try and clean up the streets. Then the rest were forgotten and Bruce adopted Duke or something.

He wasn't a replacement for David, that was Dull Afro-American Iron Man Luke Fox.

You're confusing Duke with Luke. They couldn't be more different.

Oh God, you're right, Luke is basically young, black Iron Man minus the alcohol abuse.

Duke would be a good codename if it wasn't his actual name.

>not even featured on Tom King Batman

4th

You are a dumbass, timfag. Nothing of the sort was stated.

Duke is awesome, fuck the haters. This could be a cool change of pace

>Here's my family of adopted children

>And some black kid I feel sorry for

FUCK off you toxic cunt

Nah. Probably just gonna make him batwing or red robin 2.

I think Duke is great, you fat bitch.

I know Knightfall and Final Crisis, but what's the third? The one with Gordon in the mech?

What the fuck is this comment supposed to mean? Tim wasn't even adopted

Yup

I can understand not hating Duke, because frankly there is nothing there to hate, but finding him a great character is simply delusional.

I think he got adopted towards the end after Captain Boomerang killed his father

While as a black guy i love Duke they should let him be his own thing.

>It's TIM WAYNE

Wasn't he taken by Bruce as a ward after his family went into witness protection program?

Duke is like Miles in that he should have never existed and the person who created him should be shot

Neither was Dick.

Didn't op do this before? This all seems super fimilar.

why would you make a guy with little preparation Batman?
His tier is obviously bellow any street level hero right now and probably working alone will be killed by any villain.

Duke is kinda adopted now.

I don't get why people compare Duke to Miles.
In terms of not being shit, Duke has done nothing wrong.
Miles has done everything wrong.

I can never really tell where King's Batman is going in the long run. All of the stories are very immediate. There was that foreshadowey line after Gotham died that made it sound like Duke would replace Bruce.

Like Dickbats though, it won't last. They'll just bring Bruce Back when King's done. Cycle of comics. Who cares if we briefly have a black Batman?

Never really read Robin War so I can't speak for his origin, but I don't mind Duke, other than the costume which is way too Bat-symboley. I think that's part of the foreshadowing. The other male Batfamily members besides Jason wear Robin/Bird-themed logos. Duke wearing the Bat symbol probably means he'll get to be Batman for a period.

He's Miles Morales of Batty-Family? He is like nuWally? I can see him being called Dark/Black Oracle and acting in support like post-CIIE Babs.

>He's Miles Morales of Batty-Family? He is like nuWally?
Nah.

Because he's a character that came out of nowhere, only around for like 2 years.
Dick getting the mantle made sense.

Stop trying to make black main characters in the Bat-family, it's forced and dumb

I don't think Duke is a bad character, but I feel he's kind of redundant.

They need to put him more through his paces instead of immediately making him a bat-family member

Batwoman spent literally years not being part of the Bat-family,and had her own thing until she was invited into the fold.

This, it never works.

Guess they want sales to drop. Won't buy that garbage

its azreal all over again

at least dick made sense

dollars to doughnuts he's going to be the next Joker

>seriously thinking the other meaning of Lark will actually be important and that it's not just a shitty name choice
>thinking this when Duke has every reason to hate the Joker with a burning passion
>thinking this when in WAR he already had to deal with Joker copycats

>Tom King might kill Bruce

remember when Tom King was going to save DC and Marvel were btfo to lose him

at this rate DiDio's going to announce the entire line is being given over to Hickman in perpetuity while he introduces a suspiciously Avengers-like team who are mysteriously better than the JL and then the whole thing turns out to be a boring play-by-play over the course of five years

fuck man I don't even know any more maybe that's been King's plan all along while you guys were choking on his dick and CIAposting over a goddamn whacker

i think it's unfair to shit on king until we see his post batman output

i don't think it's a coincidence the guy writes several consistently good books, gets moved to DC's biggest title, and suddenly forgets how to write

If Snydley wants someone to think Duke is a sidekick that's trained separately or whatever, maybe he should have a unique codename and not be a bat-themed Power Ranger.

Dick was adopted in the early 00's. There was like, a year and a half of stories leading up to it.

Yeah the main Batman title might be a lot more editor controlled than writer controlled so I doubt he has much say in whether or not Bruce dies.

I wouldnt hate Duke if he was say, the start of Dick's personal team/family or perhaps next gen batfamily after Bruce retires. Along with Harper and Alfred's daughter, the family is far too crowded right now

Duke's keikaku

>His codename is Lark.
As in 'sucks cock for a..."?

>Yeah the main Batman title might be a lot more editor controlled than writer controlled so I doubt he has much say in whether or not Bruce dies.

But Johns does, the same that convinced snyder that the new origin for victor was cool, and the same that said that duke was totally not a terrible idea wwhen snyder was ready to leave him forgotten.

Seriously, this is a masterplan of johns t make batman less popular.o

arousinggrammar.com/2014/08/31/robins-adoption-and-the-uncle-situation/
Tim got adopted but the New 52 retconned his parents into life and him into Bruce's ward

>Stop trying to make Duke happen. It's not going to happen.

>I think I remember someone saying Tom King might kill Bruce,

yeah it was Tom King.