How does this make you feel?
youtube.com/watch?v=mRnYPpymzrE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h_zeiKrRTuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

every time, it's the same string of emotions

irrational anger, followed by acceptance and then sadness

t-this is all Cartoon Networks fault!

They did well, actually. Better than I expected.

Jesus christ, that girl's hair is huge.

I couldn't remember the names of a few to be honest. I'm 20 and it wasn't that popular when I was growing up.

Pepe le pew, porky pig and yosemite sam eluded me.

Do you know cartoons that were popular from decades ago? There's nothing wrong with not knowing any pop culture from before you were born.

I've been wondering about stuff like this for a while. I'm 21 and I feel like there's been some kind of hard cultural cutoff that occurred around the age of people that are hitting 20 right now. There's certain cultural touchstones that seem lost to younger people that were pretty universal before then. When I was a kid, I sure as fuck didn't grow up on an NES, but I damn well knew what they were. Everyone about my age or older knows at least the big hits by huge bands like the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin, regardless of what you may think of them. There are movies like Ghostbusters and The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly that pretty much everyone saw.

You ask people 20 or younger and they don't even know basic shit like that. I've run into plenty of people that age that haven't heard of a SNES, haven't heard Sympathy for the Devil, don't know about Ghostbusters outside of the reboot, etc. I'm not talking obscure shit, I'm talking stuff that pretty much everyone and literally their grandpa knows. I'm starting to think that the internet created this sort of enclosed environment where the younger generation didn't ever have to get exposed to anything they didn't actively want to, and so they didn't.

soon they will start asking five years old if they remember cartoons from the 80's.
accept it, every year new kids are born and they grow watching new stuff, thanks god now they have the internet to raise them and not the shitty cartoons from modern tv

Well I've never seen Ghostbusters, I have no idea what "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" is, I can't name one Rolling Stone sor Led Zeppelin song. I can't even picture what an NES looks like (although I know it's a video game system).

I have no idea what "sympathy for the devil" is. All of these things wasn't a popular trend or was over shadowed by other things during my lifetime. I don't expect the next generation to know about all the popular stuff I like now either.

Angry mostly.

Because WB is doing a shit job at keeping LT relevant.
btw fuck anyone who approves of the recent DC crossover

There's a difference between someone doesn't know Gargoyles and someone doesn't know one of America's iconic pop culture characters. It's like people saying, "Who's Superman/Batman/Mickey Mouse/Luke Skywalker". There's a point where even if you don't watch those things, you know them simply from social osmosis. The only way you could actually be out of the loop of who these characters are is if you're a hermit or your parents are so strict and spend so little time with you, you only watch documentaries for the first 10 years of your life with parental locks on the computer.

I think about this too. I've got friends who aren't 21 yet and they don't even know the most basic of stuff that happened before 2001. Meanwhile people closer to my age were kinda forced to know everything about the prior 2 or 3 generations just to be able to have even the slightest chance of properly navigating life.

That being said I sure as shit hope Gen Z and onward don't feed too much into the cycle of short memories and consumerism that we ended up buying into. I remember when we used to have electronics for years, even decades. But we happily gave that shit up for the new hotness. And so far post-millennials refuse to own anything that's more than 3 years old. Hopefully they can wise up and not make the same mistakes we did.

I quite like it. I prefer it rather than short.

>I have no idea what "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" is

GET OUT

>That being said I sure as shit hope Gen Z and onward don't feed too much into the cycle of short memories and consumerism that we ended up buying into. I remember when we used to have electronics for years, even decades. But we happily gave that shit up for the new hotness.
Don't really see what's wrong with this? Technology is marching forward in today's society; that's generally a good thing, not a bad one. Technology can be used for bad but it has also done a lot of good for us.

There has to be a midpoint between constant progress that demands people drop hundreds of dollars every few months to a year just to keep up and stuff that was built to last for awhile and won't immediately render itself obsolete or non-functional.

It beats that Teens React where they didn't know Arnold Schwarzenegger was an actor.

Things were inherently slower before last decade. Now people have access to so much new information that there's not as much time for old information.

oh it's a western movie
gross

There was a teens episode recently where they had to guess cartoons by their theme song. The first one was BTAS and I think only one even remembered the show existed.

That was not a good day.

ok grandpa

You've got a point. The same was true for older generations too. The 20th Century moved faster than any century before it. But in the past a lot of people with even the most basic education could tell you about shit that happened hundreds of years before. By the 1990s it was essentially a specialty skill that one had to seek out. I think a lot of us might just be surprised by how much that window of basic historical knowledge has shrunk in the past 20 years. It was decades and now it might as be a few months. It's not an inherently bad thing but it could use some calibration. Though losing one's shit over what pop culture trivia kids can remember is probably the wrong hill to die on for this particular cause.

29 year old here. I've never seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Known of it for ever, but haven't ever really seen it. I can't identify a Zep song since I don't know if I've ever heard one of their things. In general, my music knowledge is pretty weak. What pop-culture I was pumped with as a child was mostly visual based. Grew up with shit mostly from the 70s, 80s and the then current 90s. To be sure, I got some 50s and 60s peppered in there as well.

Honestly, the only pop-culture shortcoming I can even be remotely ashamed of (off the top of my head) is that I've never seen any of the Godfather trilogy. I'd like to think I've at least seen most of the major important films from the last 45 years. And maybe a good chunk of the more important tv-shows and cartoons between the 60s and 90s.

I was upset when nobody recognized the theme song to Ren & Stimpy.

>in the past a lot of people with even the most basic education could tell you about shit that happened hundreds of years before.

What the fuck are you smoking?

It's THE western movie. If you've ever seen a Western shootout in anything ever, it was probably a reference to that movie. This will probably sound extremely familiar even if you've never seen the movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=h_zeiKrRTuk

We had that midpoint for a short while

It was called 2006

Dude, why? When Ren and Stimpy was originally airing a good amount of people wouldn't be able to tell. Most people couldn't afford cable then. I didn't see Nickelodeon for the first time until 1998.

>29 year old here. I've never seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

27 year old here. I knew what it was but I never saw it. I wasn't really aware I was expected to see it. Do people really go around watching old shitty movies besides The Wizard of Oz or It's a Wonderful Life? Why?

I miss when these videos were kids offering surprisingly interesting commentary on videos and events, but then The Fine Bros overstepped it with all their React spinoffs and it's just shit like this.

Ren and Stimpy was all but phased off the network before modern teenagers were born. I'm not surprised none of them had ever come in contact with it. Hell, I was born in 1987 and I've never seen an episode of He-man because it was gone by the time I was old enough to care.

I once went to a screening of Ben-Hur (the Charlton Heston one) and it was one of the greatest movie-going experiences I've ever had.

everyone in my school watched Ren & and Stimpy. It was really popular cause it was one of those shows parents wouldn't let most kids watch.

>Do people really go around watching old shitty movies besides The Wizard of Oz or It's a Wonderful Life?
Yes.
>Why?
Because they're not shit. There's nothing wrong with an appreciation for classic cinema. I'd watch shit from the 50s and 40s if it wasn't so hard to get hold of.

1890s and onward has some good stuff too. Some of the most interesting, funniest, and best stuff went down in the silent era and so many people just ignore it even when so much of it is littered across the web for free.

sad

>It was really popular cause it was one of those shows parents wouldn't let most kids watch.

I was aware of it's popularity. Despite not seeing it at the time, I was aware of it's existence through other kids talking about it.

>everyone in my school watched Ren & and Stimpy
Not the case with mine. I didn't even live in a shitty area. Decent suburb. Yet still, most middle wage families didn't have cable around there. The only kids who saw this were rich or upper middle class, or the regular middle class who went and saw that shit at rich or upper middle class kids' houses.

>1890s and onward has some good stuff too.

I'm assuming you typoed there. Because to my knowledge, moving pictures didn't exist until the 20th century.

At least they recognized the theme song to Hey Arnold!, though that might be because that show was still airing in the early-mid 2000s.

Not him but thanks for posting this. I forgot how comfy it was.

But what makes it sad? I don't have any interest in those things. I'm sure the generation before you also thinks rock music is trash and that anyone who listens to it has no taste. It's all subjective.

Why didn't most of those people on React know about Animaniacs? I have met so many people that know about that show. Back in the mid 90s, it was one of the most popular cartoons along with Rugrats and The Simpsons and it's beloved by so many people. Hell, the show aired reruns on The Hub, so they should know about it.

Movies as we know them today, where they aren't just parlor tricks and novelties, got their start around the 1890s. However you are right in that most of the techniques and methods still in use today were pioneered after 1900.

>At least they recognized the theme song to Hey Arnold!
Because they waited till the "HEY, ARNOLD!" at the end of the theme

not only are they very well made products of their respective media, they're also fundamental in the cultural development of several generations directly, and the following indirectly. being a western buff is one thing, knowing the most iconic and timeless example of the spaghetti westerns and realizing how that movie alone affected tons of stuff that came after it across all genres is another.

I'm somehow not surprised about that. I think Animaniacs was really a product of the time. You had to be there when it happened to appreciate it. Eslewise, to anyone else, it's probably gonna come off as dumb and not interesting.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't Batman: The Animated Series an incredibly popular series that so many people watched and is considered one of the greatest cartoons of all time?

I think you might be particularly stupid though.

Why? It was a cable show and Nick barely did anything with it after it was canceled.

In fact that's part of the reason why many cartoon characters aren't as well known now as they were back then, a lot of it got shuffled over to cable and the parent companies aren't exactly bright at pushing characters.

What makes you say that?

>tfw Looney Tunes are gradually going the way of the likes of Felix the Cat and are going to become characters no fucker knows about despite their impact on animation.

It was popular but when was the last time it aired? On the Hub? And the main problem here is WB; they have a lot of characters they could make money on but they don't know how to market them and ended up causing them to go into obscurity or near-obscurity.

If React has these people reacting to the Angry Beavers theme song, how many people do you think will answer correctly?

What's the problem with the show last airing on The Hub? At least it got to air reruns in the 2010s

>being pink makes him naked
huh?

The reason earlier generations remembered Bugs Bunny and Yogi Bear and all that is because they were on network TV and rerun on network TV for decades. But when they shifted all of it over to cable, a lot of the exposure was lost. They need to go beyond cable to get people to recognize the characters.

>first kid goes "what's looney tunes?"
I don't know if I can watch this.

How can people know about SpongeBob, but not know Looney Tunes? Looney Tunes is the only cartoon, along with Scooby-Doo and Mickey Mouse that can give SpongeBob a run for its money.

Have you ever seen a featherless bird?

How often is Looney Tunes rerun on Cartoon Network, much less regular network? Boomerang doesn't count, most cable services don't offer it unless you pay extra.

Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if more kids are aware of Scooby-Doo than Looney Tunes on account of the multiple series in the 00's and 10's, and the fact the original series was actually rerun on network television in the 00's for a while.

I'm 24 and I know Luke Skywalker is an important Star Wars character, but I don't even know if he's the protagonist and have no fucking clue what he looks like. Was never interested in Star Wars and have a hard time believing Luke Skywalker himself is on the level of the others you mentioned. The Star Wars brand, yeah, but not the character.

27 year old here. It's my favorite movie ever. Once saw a screening at Grauman's where Éli Wallach came as a guest speaker (he was 94 years old).

I also caught a screening at the New Beverly (Tarantino's theater). I was a littler pissed that my friend got all excited that Quentin Tarantino was there and didn't even pay attention to the movie.

Point is, it's great and if you live in a big city, you can probably find a screening.

>I know Luke Skywalker is an important Star Wars character, but I don't even know if he's the protagonist and have no fucking clue what he looks like.

That's just weird. But you are right, in that Darth Vader and R2D2 are the more iconic and recognizable characters of the brand. You do know what both of them look like right?

How are you on this board & like that? That's maximum fucking normie shit.

>How does this make you feel?
It made me feel like I don't want to give the Kike Bros even a single view.

>A post I made a couple days ago when visiting Sup Forums for the first time in years gets reposted here with the exact same image.
Frankly I'm spooked.

>Not knowing Yosodomy Sam

Even if the original shorts don't air anymore

They should still know them from shit like Wabbit and Looney Tunes Show

Does Baby Looney Tunes still air constantly during the sickday hours ?

Yes, I know Darth Vader and R2D2 and C3PO and I know Harrison Ford is in (some of?) the movies and would be able to point him out from a picture but I don't think I'd be able to name his character. Han Solo, maybe? I know the Princess character because her hairstyle was memorable, but I don't know how her name is spelled (Leia?)

Because they were born after the mid-90s and nobody watched the Hub for anything but the horse show.

>I've heard Twitter

They're probably either total Chads and Stacies or normies from Eastern Europe or something.

Well scratch that, I'm 23 and posted as such the first time.

Does watching this embeded on Sup Forums give them views?

Wabbit has very, very few Looney Tunes outside of Bugs. They probably just didn't pay much attention to the Looney Tunes show.

This is fine. These kids look like middle schoolers at best and Looney Tunes just isn't as popular with kids as it was before. The major characters were mostly all remembered. I think it's a little strange that Porky got such a low score, but Pepe was never as memorable as the others, and given that this test is about being able to name them "Yosemite Sam" is a name I can see people forgetting.

That kid with the hat's pretty obnoxious, though.

>That kid with the hat's pretty obnoxious, though.
He wears a hat indoors. Of course he'd be a cunt.

Wow. WB really has failed its cartoon division. I wonder how these kids would do with Disney.

>what's Looney Tunes?
triggered

I honestly thought it was "Tweety Pie." But, everyone else I knew. Also, save for Penelope. Had no idea the cat had a name.

But Bojack Horseman is a Netflix original bruh

>Wow. WB really has failed its cartoon division.

Seriously, someone at WB needs to wise up about this.

Well, Space Jam 2 is on it's way...

I bet you think you're different and interesting user but you're not. You're just a faggot

Looney Tunes is just WB's putting their property through new filters to maximize profits off of their cultural icons. They aren't going anywhere for at least a short while.

Felix The Cat on the other hand was inherited and ultimately put to death and then reanimated by the creator's son.