Just started watching this properly. Watched it when I was younger but don't remember much

Just started watching this properly. Watched it when I was younger but don't remember much

What's tv's opinion on it?

no major spoilers pls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Q1dRSh8Idk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kino

>posting on an internet message board expecting no spoilers
>Especially on Sup Forums

Just warning you.

dubs confirm

It has no right being as good as it it for a kids show.

Get out of here.
Watch it.
Start a thread when your done.

Book 2 is some of the best animated television I’ve ever watched.

This is one of those shows that is better if you are a kid. It's not bad, it's just better if you are 13.

I was a Sophomore in highschool when this aired and I loved the shit out of it.
I named my dogs Zuko and Iroh and Toph years later in honor.

>It has no right being as good
Fag Reddit.

Air Nomads are dead lmao

Season 1 starts slow, Season 2 is better, Season 3 is better but the ending is a little eh in my opinion.

Overall the best WESTERN cartoon ever made. It's a 9/10.

The sequel is shit donut watch it.

One of the best post 90s cartoons ever made.

It was fun. The characters were likeable, The animation was good. the fight scenes were great. They even managed to tackle topics like war and genocide even though the show was on Nikelodeon.

Shame about the Legend of Korra though.

It's fantastic. A bit rough in the first season maybe but well worth it in the end.

Don't even bother with legend of korra.

Season 3 wasted too much time on filler episodes.

season 1 was great for the world building and things were simpler. season 2 is basically it's the Dark Knight. season 3 is hit or miss, the action scenes were pretty good though.

it's a pretty good cartoon, definitely worth the time.

Kino. Among the best examples of how to make a good adventure show for children.

>disrespecting Iroh

I stopped liking it when it went to the fire nation, whatever season that was.

Still had some amazing shit, especially around the earth kingdom

Post YFW

Recently rewatched it and overall very good. Season 2 is the kino season but I found myself plowing through season 3 faster. Zuko carries the show and is one of the best examples of an anti-hero in television.

It gets MUCH better at the end of S1, so stick with it till the finale.

The only other advice I can give is try not to cry when they get to the Very Special Iroh/Mako episode

>if only I could have helped you, my son.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Q1dRSh8Idk

>try not to cry
>cry a lot

This never really got to me.
This did.

>Aang stops a single man
>Toph destroys the entire fire nation fleet that was destroying the earth kingdom

Whatever you do, don't watch Korra or read the comics

This.

Legend of Korra is pretty bad, and it really does shit all over this show, by association.

nightmares and daydreams < great divide

Stay away from Korra

Season 3 is half GOAT episodes, half really dumb filler.

season 3 finale was terrible. probably because it was written by bryke while the previous goat finales were written by aaron ehasz

>the Korra sequel comics
If you think they went full ham with the ending, wew lad you haven't seen shit

I like this show.

Oh man, Avatar the Last Airbender was such a good tv show let me check the current state of the franchise! I wonder if we ever found out what happened to Zuko's moth- OH GOD WTF!?

The bulk of the series is hit or miss Imo, but the finale, the final four episodes, is some of the best television I have ever seen and hands down the best ending to any show I have ever seen

Absolute western cartoon kino. One of my favorite shows, period.

Sozin literally did nothing wrong.

I'm actually tearing up just looking at this gif. Fuck you for doing this to me again.

Don't listen to these guys. Hating this show is just a meme created by nostalgiafags who had too expectations and couldn't accept things going against their headcanon, so therefore the show sucks.

In reality, the show was fine. It had a few issues like the love triangle and slow start to season 2, but overall it was pretty good. Season 3 was Avatar quality and had some really great villains.

I hope you're trolling. I love the show but the four parter finale was absolute garbage. Its only saving grace was the zuko/iroh reunion and zuko's coronation

Fuck the haters. Korra was great. Easily on par with, and even surpassing the original in some aspects.

Sokka and Toph are the best

How does it feel being born in 2005?

LOL

This guy gets it. The music and animation was God Tier.

Zaheer is by far the best character in the series but besides him the show isnt as good as TLAB

I liked the zuko vs Azula finale. Up to the part where Azula zaps zuko is pure Kino. To bad that part of the fight is only two minutes.

How does it feel peaking in 2003?

The bad:
Writing, pacing, character development
The good:
The music, the animation of fights, story of Avatar Wan

Post doggo pics

> story of Avatar Wan
Have a (you)

What the heck. Why would they do this?

Genuinely a very well made series. The humour and level of violence is obviously suited towards a younger audience, but the characters, their development, their interactions, the emotion, the world, everything was fucking fantastic.

Just a shame about Korra ruining a bunch of it. I try to ignore that Korra exists.

>story of Avatar Wan
this was one of the most disgusting parts of season 2

I just don't get how people tend to like it

This is sad for Iroh personally, but he was a soldier in a war they started and probably killed innocent people.

oh fucking COME ON

What's so bad about it? It was a neat little folk story with unique animation style. I know it brought about the raaavaa vatu shit but I liked it.

Now you know how the people who complains about overt sexuality feels. Hurts being on the other side, doesn’t it? What do you people always say when others complain about Hong’s they don’t like in comics or cartoons? Oh yeah, grow a thicker skin and get over it.

It kind of reminds people of when Aang was the protagonist.

Book 3: Change is the only Korra season that's even remotely close to AtLA in terms of storytelling quality and focus on bending styles

It shat all
Over the lore

Don’t you see why its retarded that a strict nomadic society would even tolerate faggotry.

The usual "arguments" are that it ruined the mystery of the avatar and went against people's headcanon.

Don’t you see how bikini armors are impractical?

post bobs pls

>AtLA: lightning is the purest and most powerful form of fire bending; the most skilled fire bending masters take years to harness it and many more to perfect it; ultimately it is more of a spiritual ability than a fire bending one, given how the user must learn to control their inner being/chi - someone like zuko who is incredibly powerful but struggles with immense inner turmoil was never able to successfully harness lightning

>LoK: haha anyone can shoot lightning out of their dick haha, in fact it's so common that we power entire cities with lightning benders; nah don't worry about inner peace or spiritual development or any of that GAY SHIT, even shitty people who don't know balls about yin and yang can shoot lightning as much as they want!

>tfw we can't have comfy Avatar threads anymore because they always turn into shitstorms about Korra

And it's korra's fault
Fuck korra, but also i'd still like to fuck korra

Best girl coming through

I have many complaints with Korra but this is retarded. Irl, aristocracies and monarchies of old kept several knowldge and teachings to themselves. Access to those information had allowed the common populace to progress. And as shown with other subsets like bloodbending, plantbending or healing, other benders can and will eventually come up with something different regardless of their place in society

Idiot, lightning benders were still fairly rare, that’s why they were willing to pay so much, enough that Mako could’ve afforded rent and pay their way into the tournament had Bolin not gotten in trouble

>Korra hater logic

>Last Airbender
>world is in danger and needs the Avatar
>audiences love Aang unconditionally

>LoK
>the world is progressing beyond the relevance of the avatar
>audiences hate Korra

POTTERY

Complained about so much you'd think it happens in every game, but frankly I can't name a single game I've enjoyed that sexualizes women and not men.

>leaves from the vine

Post your top fifteen games then.

earth > fire > water

change > spirits > air > balance

i'm sad we will not get any more avatar. damn shame. the setting is amazing.

Oh piss off. Korra and asami weren't even fleshed out to make sense. They just did a last minute bait to hide the poor writing and deflect criticisms from "homophobes!!1!"

The colossal robot was too far removed from the tones of this universe and you fucking know it

I have no issue with giant spirit korra but i have issued with Jinora outperforming Korra in her roles since this scene

>90's
are you retarded?

>11th century: swordfighters are revered
>21st century: lmao gun beats sword every day

I would have been fine with it if the good flying carpet was male

Were you under the impression that these were the reasons people didn't like LoK, not the fact that every conceivable aspect of the series is trash excluding some of the animation.

Bruh, you’re going in with preconceived notions. Every person who’s watched Korra blind(and I would know, I’ve watched over three dozen reactions) have always hinted at Korrasami as end-game. And Jinora being more spiritual than Korra is no surprise.

nah

It is literally the only cartoon that I would recommend to others. It's incredible.

It's a shame Shyamalan ruined the potential of having a good live action adaptation

I don't even think that korra was bad, S3 was uniroincally better than Avatar S1, but the mecha was literally cheap anime tier

makes a drill to drill through a fucking wall to invade, it has a reasonable purpose with the contexct that they have been trying to invade that place for a while so have dedicated resources for that purpose vs gian robot.....

ang gets posses by the moon spirit after its mate was killed ang willed with grief go avatar state and the combined force creates the left, vs the bad guy is big, we need korra to go big, so they can "pick on somone there own size" lol

after much conflic ang and zukio become freinds, vs we want korra and whats her name to be a couple becuase the fans are shipping it even though we only shoehorned in them being freinds 10 mins ago

Bruh, it was loved, but your echo chamber won’t allow you to see that.

>live action adaptation
>good
these words are almost always mutually exclusive anyway

Exactly. Hypocrites.

Did I somewhere imply not a single person enjoyed it?

I would love to shit on Korra aswell but Zaheer alone makes up for most of the trope garbage

Korra was great for R34

>season 1 korra was good
>nickelodeon hates it because it doesn't sell spongebob levels of merchandise and it got less viewers than spongebob reruns
>season 2 korra has fuckign studio pierrot ruining it and also bad writing
>has the best two parter in the entire show (studio mir baby woo)
>season 3 and season 4 were online only (i think?)
fucking nickelodeon i swear to god

Yeah, you did.

>going in with preconceived notions
S3 was confusing because i legitimately thought mako was still with one of them until i rewatched it

Asami was mostly appa2.0 until late season 3. Very flat.

Mako and Bolin being in separate opposing sides should have been fleshed out better. Mako's motivations for being a cop should have been explained to stem from the crime that cost his parents

Book 4 became Keeping Up With The Beifongs and put Korra's team on the sidelines except for Asami just to force their relationship

Korra trying to live underground, apart from her avatar role was underused

They didnt even close the story about the avatar line being wiped

Katara sat back and did shit. Zuko jobbed. Only Toph made work. What a disservice to the old characters and the Lotus masters of the old show

It's an all around poorly written mess

Change is the only one that holds up

The Wan episodes literally undermine all the lore about benders pushed in ATLA.

"The first airbenders were inspired by air bizon." - ATLA

No it was actually turtles touching people lol.

>Korra is a huge bitch
>get promised she gets better
>she gets worse