Forget the politics. Why is it that superhero comics take themselves so seriously these days?

Forget the politics. Why is it that superhero comics take themselves so seriously these days?

I mean if you are going to have wrestling-tier narratives at least have some fun with it, even if you are playing it completely straight.

more wrestling would make at least make it interesting. Poundcakes was in the end of the newest Wasp but you know they won't do anything with her other than make the reluctant nerd join the badly aconymed team

>wrestling teir

The festivle of friendship segment was better then any thing the big 2 have written in years

The current set of writers grew up with the 80s comics which did serious well and are poorly imitating it.

> How come my name's on the list

Some do, some don't. Doing less serious self-deprecating stories gets really boring really fast.

I mean, all the popular TV shows are serious. Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and so on, despite dealing with zombies and dragons. Ask why people enjoy more serious fiction in general.

aside from wrestling being a soap opera for closet gays...
all the most commended/ talked about comic stories have been Grimdark™. someone died, hero gets sadface, everything goes to shit, etc. Writers are all trying to create the next one
Campy stories that appeal to the 13 year old wrestling target audience would reinforce the "for kids" label comics have been trying to escape for 30 years and, statistically speaking, not sell very well

This.

>self-deprecating
That's going to far in the opposite direction, like when Bendis or Fraction have those " gosh comics used to be stupid huh" moments in their writing

I think OP means the more tongue in cheek approach, where things are silly but everyone knows to just run with it. Like the Simonson Thor plot about Thor being a frog, imagine that same story written by someone like Zdarsky today

Seeing how most of the comic book fanbase are STILL 30 to 45 year old men, have to agree with you there.

>aside from wrestling being a soap opera for closet gays...
ya finna seething, pinhead
hit the gym, gain height and get a clue

>wrestling is a soap opera for gays
>meanwhile perfect waifus like Bliss exist

what did they mean by this?

Songbird stealth mini when?

That's not the Final Deletion tho'

>that feel when they show up on WWE with the gimmick

I'm scared that Vince will drive it into the ground because The Hardy's were able to craft it on their own and coming back to the WWE the creative staff won't get what about it works.

Fuck you Owens! You broke my heart!
>YFW you'll never have as true a friend as Jericho.

Why does Bryan keep bullying her?

Take a moment to think about how much better the Marvel Universe would be if they had spent the last 5 years copying old WWE storylines instead of everything they had been doing.

Even the worst WWE storylines you can think of.

because he's jealous that Brie is nowhere near as attractive

>aside from wrestling being a soap opera for closet gays...
>He said on a board primarily about guys fighting in skin tight spandex.

k

Marvel is copying Roman right now with Captain Marvel.

They'd have a better shot on Smackdown

If it's Raw they're fucked

>Wrestling Thread on Sup Forums
>Wrestling Episode of SU comes on

Are they still making lucha underground comics

>Broken Matt vs Bray Wyatt

I'd read it.

I miss Songbird's old "breaks into wrestling lingo when she gets mad" trait.

Yeah but the serious and grimdark comics all had the bonus of being noncanon. If you`re gonna have Silk Spectre be raped by the Comedian, go ahead, but having Gwen Stacy have an affair with Norman Osborn is just tacky.

Friendly reminder that /asp/ is a wasteland run by this autistic fuck.
He spends all day reseting his isp and talking to himself there.

Fucking kill yourself

Have sex squirtgun baby

The best idea for them I've heard is giving them their on show on the network, weekly hourlong from the Hardy compound or wherever they decide to film. Let them do whatever they want within reason.

BROTHER NEAL THE FANTASTIC ONE, I KNEW YOU'D COME

>looked it up on youtube

What the fuck did I just watch

You cannot fathom Matt's Broken Brilliance

Shut it, kike.

what If I want to get into wrestling until the comics industry unfucks itself?

where should I start?

on tuesday nights with SmackDown Live, maggle

/asp/ must be boring this week huh OP?

That's fine, I love me some /woo/ threads

Wrestling beauty.

Not WWE. I recommend Lucha Underground (basically comics meets wrestling, & it's awesome), & if you don't mind seeing shit in another language, Dragon Gate & New Japan Pro Wrestling. Also, PROGRESS is pretty good, even if it's a britbong promotion.

>Lucha Underground

I´ve head that its more like a normal show rather than a live broadcast, do I watch it from teh beggining or do I just jump right in with the most recent one?

it's about to hit netflix, just binge it all bro

I like to think DC watched the Katie Vick storyline years ago and said "You know, this could work..."

And then way later, we got Blackest Night

I dont have the shekels to spare on netflix, but I guess that will mean better rips on the bay