what did they do wrong?

what did they do right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1waJKUA2s
vimeo.com/45964463
youtube.com/watch?v=xwrkR3PELJ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what did they do right?
Well for one thing the Ang Lee Hulk did the relationship between Hulk and Banner better

The Incredible Hulk is underrated, and sadly the black sheep of the MCU. And this

I liked both . First Hulk was a little too bloated I guess
second one was a little thin

they never really managed to get it right in the middle. Which sucks because i want She-Hulk to be in a movie

For the first: even with outdated CG it still felt like Hulk was menacing and big. The damage he does is felt, different from most superheroes movies. A good example is the scene when Banner is fighting a dude inside a house and he starts turning, it really feels "scary", you actually think he might actually kill this man just by backhand smacking him.
That's the only redeeming quality I see in Ang Lee's Hulk.
On The Incredible there's a few good action and fighting scenes, the first Hulk transformation in the factory is good and I guess Norton is the best Banner so far, because he looks fucked up and depressed.
Also a scene where he tries to kill himself and Hulk doesn't let him, but it was cut so I guess it doesn't count.

Ang Lee Hulk atleast showed how weird someone who is as fucked in the head as Bruce should be but was pretty bad
At least it had the "TAKE IT ALL" scene
Incredible Hulk was a pretty EH early marvel movie but they didn't do anything with it

>what did they do right?

they set off the Marvel Universe when Tony met up with the general at the bar. That moment will forever be burned in my memory

>At least it had the "TAKE IT ALL" scene
>"Give the villain exactly what he wants, but he can't handle it and dies" ending

I disagree with this point but everything else you said is true

Incredible Hulk is one of the best MCU movies and criminally underrated.

Im hard pressed to think of a better fight scene in the MCU than Hulk vs Abomination. It was a 15 minute straight battle royale.

Lee Hulk had better music

youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1waJKUA2s

I mean I guess it is a cop out for a "steals ur powers xd" villain but Bruce/Hulk essentially venting all of his traumas and gamma radiation in addition to all the dream snippets forming the Hulk's face is just a very small scene that I like in a movie I didnt really enjoy too much

Agreed. It seriously has some of the best fights in the MCU.

Hulk vs his dad was better fight

This scene was ultimately useless and never led to anything.

Wrong. Have you even seen Incredible Hulk?

>but he can't handle it and dies
That is literally the point of the Hulk. No one can handle his power. The scene is better than anything from the MCU

It wasn't even the Hulks power that killed him, it was the military nuke

Yes. Abomination was a shitty, boring villain

Hulk vs the dogs was a better fight than Abomination

>talk about the fight
>villain was boring

I think you need to rewatch that movie. You can't even tell what is going on in any of those fights. Its a dark jumbled mess.

Hulk

Pros:
>Take it all
>Danny doing the soundtrack
>the comic transition scenes
>the relationship between Banner and his father

Cons:
>the cgi

Incredible Hulk

Pros:
>the entire Abomination fight
>making Bruce looked fucked up and actually showing the effects of him being the Hulk (like the shower scene and him not being able to fuck Betty)
>setting up the Leader in a sequel we'll more than likely never get

Cons:
>the entire movie being uninteresting except for the Hulk scenes
>Banner apparently gaining control of the Hulk at the end of the movie only to still not be able to control his transformations in Avengers

Breh are you daft? Banner is in full control of the Hulk in Avengers.

So why does he try to kill Black Widow?

The ang lee one they didn't know what kind of movie they wanted to make. I liked watching the hulk jump and move, that was about it. The ed norton one was alright, and he's a much better bruce banner than ruffalo. Also liked how the hulk kind of looked like kenshiro a little bit. Didn't like how weak hulk was in his fight with abomination, he was basically getting his ass kicked the entire fight until the very end when he got lucky with the chain. He didn't feel like a force of nature at all.

Incredible Hulk's fights were god-tier but the rest of the film was lame.
Ang Lee's Hulk was bold enough to explore Banner's character but the comic transitions were horrible.

Cause he had no fucking clue who that bitch was and thought they were trying to capture him like always?

I'm not sure you recall the movie, he tries to kill her after he is in the team. Loki attacks the Helicarrier and Banner transforms, Widow goes to look for him and he tries to kill her.
Also if he was in control it wouldn't need Widow calming him down to turn back in Age of Ultron.
He can't control it completely.

Did you even watch the movies? Man no wonder ppl call Marvel fans brain dead. In the first movie Loki was fucking with him and in the second movie Witch was fucking with him.

Stop texting during films.

user, I don't think Shulky really works outside of comics. Not even after the success of Deadpool. Raunchy violent comedy is a lot easier to sell, Jen is too delicate an act to balance.

I don't think they have to make her a full on comedy character. Just an occasional quip and giant green boobs

2003 Hulk makes me salivate, god he was hot. also had the best transformation scenes. So beefy and wide, I want so cuddle him and press my face into those pecs so bad.

The poodle scene was a bit much

I know they tried to make it feel like a comic book with the "Multiple scenes happening at once" thing, but I just kind of found it irritating.

For Norton, I generally liked it. Boring without the Hulk, but the scenes where he came out were great. That said, when he transforms at the university, the CGI they used for that one shot where he jumps out the window, good lord that aged like shit. It sticks out like a sore thumb, because the rest of the CGI is still usually within the realm of acceptable.

2003 Hulk looks better CGI wise than the 2008 one.

it has fuckin Bruce Springsteen as a protagonist right there on the posters

it's really tempting to say they kept it close to the Bixby stuff because the new studio was afraid of deviating from the one thing they knew had worked in the past that they still owned but

then you find out Norton fucking rewrote it to be like that

it's just bad

Betty literally moved on and married a guy and when Bruce comes back for five fuckin minutes not only does she immediately start poledancing on his jolly green giant but her husband is so totally fine with it that he actually defends her to General Ross

none of it makes any sense at all they have that big-deal scene with the blood in the juice that lets them track him to south america but there's absolutely no basis for that because that juice is full of citric acid specifically to kill off anything biological that falls in at that stage and if he's so radioactive that you can tell it's him from a half-finished soda six months later in another country... just get the fucking gieger counters out, boys

they send a single lunatic and a whole load of tanks after him when he turns up in America apparently without getting massive shit about deploying the US Army on US soil despite doing it in the middle of a fucking university campus in a major city and when the lunatic fails they give him even more crazy pills and send him back out again because apparently nobody in this dedicated monster-hunting unit has noticed their new hire is turning into an uncontrollable monster and probably shouldn't get another shot

fuck this movie

it deserved to fail

never mind that the performances were the usual phone-in shit you get from Norton, this sack of crap actually makes his face off with Tim Roth in Everyone Says I Love You look action-packed

it's baaaad

That's why the retconned it with this One shot

vimeo.com/45964463

>Also a scene where he tries to kill himself and Hulk doesn't let him, but it was cut so I guess it doesn't count.
I assume that's a DVD extra?
Any chance you've got a link to it?

youtube.com/watch?v=xwrkR3PELJ8

This scene was pretty alright but, while it's not hard to tell that he's going to try and kill himself, holding the gun to his head would have been better with the Hulk coming out as he goes to do it, rather than as he pulls back the hammer.
Really takes away from the intensity of the moment.

Also
>3 disc special edition
Why three discs?
Were there really that many special features and cut scenes?

Not that guy but a lot of this can be written off as "Hurr durr comic book movie!" Cause comics are actually THAT retarded.

Honestly that would still not be good enough for me. I'd rather have him put the gun to his head (or mouth, in Avengers he said he shot himself and the Hulk spit the bullet), then a high far shot with gunshot noise echoing and then Hulk screams and him jumping through the trees or in the camera's direction.

Like that one shot where Banner is the last man on earth and he keeps trying to kill himself, we know that even if he manages and is fast enough the Hulk will come out and heal him.

weird that they cut this out of the movie and then referenced it anyway in the Avengers

>I'd rather have him put the gun to his head (or mouth, in Avengers he said he shot himself and the Hulk spit the bullet), then a high far shot with gunshot noise echoing and then Hulk screams and him jumping through the trees or in the camera's direction.
Oh yeah, I completely agree.
I was just trying to stay close to how it was actually shown.

>Like that one shot where Banner is the last man on earth and he keeps trying to kill himself
Fuck, that was a good one.
I've got it somewhere in my CBRs, do you remember the exact name of it?

Seems like a cop out, but still trying to keep the Hulk serious.
Reeks of laziness.

I'll be forever pissed that they foreshadowed Leader and we haven't gotten a sequel, nor will we.

Hulk - The End, I think.

I can't seem to find my copy, but that's the one.
Thanks, user.

Mark Ruffalo's Banner referenced this scene in one of the Avengers movies - I think Avengers 1.

I'm split on how I feel about The Incredible Hulk's design for Abomination.

What I think is bad about it, is that it doesn't look anything like Abomination from the comics.

But what I think is good about it, is that it doesn't look anything like Abomination from the comics.

I don't know if I should hate it or love it.

Yeah, except he said "the other guy spit out the bullet" or something to that affect, not "the hulk came out because I pulled back the hammer while pointing the gun down a cliff".

Just enjoy it for what it is.
Normalfags/MCUfags would constantly shit all over OG Abomination for "lmoa wats an aquaman villian doing here"

>So why does he try to kill Black Widow?

Loki's staff turned the Avengers against eachother and filled them all with rage.

The fact that Hulk is a rage monster made the effects worse on him than the others.

I actually like pointy ears Abomination.
His first or last form on Hulk Iltimate Destruction was a good design to use.

You're both daft. He still can't control the Hulk in any of the movies. Even in Age of Ultron it was clear he couldn't control it. He simply feels the Hulk is a lesser evil that can be counted on to fuck up bad guys under the right circumstances, and has figured out how to change into the Hulk at will.

The lullaby thing was clearly implied to be something they had established before Witch even entered the picture, he helped Iron Man build Veronica before he even knew Scarlet Witch existed, and they still had to do the lullaby thing at the end even after Scarlet Witch was on their side. Also if he had full control over the Hulk, why even bother with Code Green bullshit? He could just be in Hulk mode for every mission.

The justification they gave for the lack of pointy ears made sense at the time. They basically said "we thought about it but then realized Hulk would just rip them off"

I like how The Incredible Hulk was a soft reboot/sequel.
>At the end of Hulk, he was in South America.
>At the start of Incredible Hulk,he is in South America

Well it's not like Bronsky controlled his transformation to be the most efficient against the Hulk.

how savage would it have been if he got his ears ripped off on screen though

Punching a cloud was thrilling.

No. Just no.

Quality refutation there, user.

Because anyone can read the first response of the thread and know it's wrong in every aspect.

That's an underrated Elfman score right there.

I like it. It reminds me of the long drawn out cape kino intros that stopped in like 2008... I think it and SpiderMan 3 were the last ones.

I like both of these films. I hated Hulk as a kid though because it was "too slow". Now I realise it was a great psychological piece that tackled things like Child Abuse, Implosive personalities, And I loved how they had symbolism that was just a little down your throat. Making Hulk a Horror Action Hero was pretty good too. Overall it was a great retelling of Jekyll and Hyde. To this day the few action scenes are the best I've seen the Hulk in. ever.

The Incredible Hulk I liked because it seemlessly adapted the 70's show AND the comic. That intro that basically played homage to the 70's show (with the Danger sign flashing and the green crosshairs and even the violins), the way they put the lonely man theme in, the hitchhiking thumb, and even Jack Mcgee at one point, all made me jump in my seat the first few times i saw it.
It had the best Bruce Banner and the best relationship between Bruce and Betty on screen up to date. The best Best Monster on Monster fight I've seen (including Pacific Rim)

Adding Lou Ferrigno in both as the roars were the icing on the cake. What clenched it was hearing him say Hulk Smash.

>this is what MCUfags actually believe

Not saying much, considering we're comparing crappy 2003 CGI with crappy 2008 CGI. But yes, '03 Hulk looks better than '08 Hulk, only because he doesn't look super oiled up. But the one from Avengers on looks the best.

And I actually do like how the "Angrier he gets, the Larger he becomes" idea.

>tfw no big beefy brute to split you in half with his arm-sized cock

Avengers hulk was nice but in AoU they make him a sort of sickly pale green.

Great job not having an actual argument.

I think it was because he was originally supposed to be Gray.

I wish Norton would still be Banner, I thought he was great.

Ruffalo is a good Hulk, but I'm not really sold on his Banner.

What, in AoU?

>no one can handle it.
Except his son... and his cousin... his inbred family... Flux...Red Hulk... the Abomination, heck, MOST of his enemies.

The point of the Hulk is to prevent anyone else from harnessing Gamma Radiation and becoming an out of control weapon.

The Hulk from 2003 is genuinely one of the best "superhero" movies. Aside from having some useless characters, it did a great job at exploring the relationship between Bruce and his father.

One of the biggest "mistakes" people mentions from this movie are the scene transitions, and honestly, you gotta be a huge faggot if you find that annoying. It even makes the scenes more fluid.

He's paler while he's being messed by the Witch, then he returns to a more vivid green.

Nah, he seemed pale every time. More army green than radioactive green.