Has there ever been a funny reference to memes in any Sup Forums-media? Seems like everytime I see one...

Has there ever been a funny reference to memes in any Sup Forums-media? Seems like everytime I see one, it's always dated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GOy1BXuzRVc
youtube.com/watch?v=4J-SuAV2T6o
youtube.com/watch?v=ecjsQ6GkO5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think I have ever found overt meme references in cartoons funny at all. They mostly make me cringe.

LossHouse.jpg

>Seems like everytime I see one, it's always dated.

Memes are inherently dated.

They're only funny if they're subtly placed inside jokes, such as

Clearly the answer is to be the one who makes the memes.

Rick and Morty know what's up.

Any meme in a cartoon is going to be dated. It's the nature of the beast - even the cartoons that don't take months to make will eventually age poorly when they're built on memes. The only possible exception is that one sketch from that MAD cartoon, ThunderLOLcats, because half of the point is that all the memes in it are outdated.

>co.png

internet memes belong on the internet

I tried 3 times to get into We Bare Bears, every reference to memes killed it for me because it was everywhere

>meme con
Sounds risky these days

The Regular Show licensed comics had Doge and Grumpy Cat for some reason, I chuckled.

Then they had Muscle Man namedrop Twitter and I burned the fucking pages.

WBB is too heavy on it. If it was a different set up where memes were just small things in the back ground there'd be less dated shit.

Right now we're starting the era of nostalgia 80s/90s stuff but instead of those decades it's old internet culture, and since it didn't become mainstream until the mid 2000s for the show demographics, they're hardly even old, just obscure.

They had to pay to use the name didn't they? So on top of a out-of-character/era call out, they paid money?

Pretty much the whole deal with memes is they come and go very quickly.

Loss is almost stale now.

It takes 6 months to animate shit, make a guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=GOy1BXuzRVc

I remember being surprised they got pedobear on mad

>The Regular Show licensed comics had Doge and Grumpy Cat for some reason

The show also referenced that monkey/frog video.

This count?

You know who else comes and goes quickly?

My mom!

what?

yes

is this a reference to dashcon

Television cartoons air a year after they're written. Every meme someone tries to put in a cartoon will be dated by then. Even if something is the fresh hot meme when someone is storyboarding the latest episode of whatever, it'll be stale by the time the episode actually airs.

That's where you're wrong kiddo.

youtube.com/watch?v=4J-SuAV2T6o

youtube.com/watch?v=ecjsQ6GkO5o

>Has there ever been a funny reference to memes
no

Loss is transcendant fuck off. It's true collectivist dada, a form of art nearly impossible before the internet

True but a hidden "dead baby"joke in a cartoon for children is itself funny.

>Every meme someone tries to put in a cartoon will be dated by then

Just the weak ones. There are a lot of contemporal memes, even preceding the term "meme" itself. "Kilroy" originates form 40s and still appears in media.

wow they even use eggs

Did you confuse RS with Gumball?

This. It's only funny because it's an easter egg, though.