The Wolverine

In honor of Logan releasing and Jackman's last ride as the character, let's have a comfy Wolverine thread, eh? Favorite story arcs? Essential story arcs? Favorite costume? Favorite daughter-but-not-really?

GONNA

Jury's still out on whether this was a good idea.

>good idea
No of course not. It was a great idea.

Im going to be that guy and say Im still waiting for a movie featuring Wolverine with the full costume

Nothing wrong with that. the closest we got was the veeery little yellow and blue in DOFP

>Favorite story arcs?

I'll catch hell for this, but Morrison and Whedon have written some of my favorite gags, because both were writing him at a time where the character needed to be taken down a peg. Wolverine getting mind-controlled is always funny.

>Essential story arcs?

Weapon X. Barry Windsor-Smith was on a different level.

>Favorite costume?

Brown and orange is how I was introduced to him. But the John Cassaday costume is sex.

Goddamn they are the best superheroes.

Look at that sexy goddamn lineup

Who's up for a storytime?

Since Anka gave Ororo her mohawk back for a while for no good reason, I want to give Rogue her dead skunk 'do again.

>Who's up for a storytime?
Yes

i haven't seen LOGAN yet but i'm still banking on X-23 stealing Rachel Summers bit somehow

>back for a while for no good reason

there was some bs reason, i remember pages about it. I think Aaron did it?

you see that CBR comics legends revealed about where the idea for the mohawk story came from?

Well fuck you, I'M up for a storytime! Let's read one of my favorite Wolvie stories and one of my favorite UXM issues ever.

>you see that CBR comics legends revealed about where the idea for the mohawk story came from?
That I have, funny stuff.

It's worth noting that Yuriko's grudge against Logan was a bit... overblown for the sake of this story, but I honestly don't mind, it's not like she was a terribly memorable character before this.

i need to figure out the Mojo stuff Reading Order. it seems to only come in bits and pieces when just reading Uncanny.

Guest-starring Katie Power!

first post best post

someone get this man a bendy straw

Ya know Logan, you could get arrested for walking up to some lost little girl half-naked.

>Favorite story arcs?
Fatal Attractions, if only for that editorial mandate of "Too popular, you have to bring him back."

It never fails to amuse me when Logan goes into full-on feral mode.

>He is not a devil!
People just don't write kid characters like this these days.

Jeans and tanktop is legitimately his best look. It just doesn't make sense for his character to wear brightly coloured spandex

>tfw you're such a weeb you forget how to speak English

Wolverine's weeaboo level is the funniest fucking thing

Not gonna lie, I wish he had kept being mute for most of the issue.

You disappoint me, user.

That's actually pretty awesome.

>He's badly wounded, little more than an animal

That's up there with "He's only one man!" for great prelude to asskicking dialog

I think it suits him.
The whole Bushido thing is everything he isn't but wants to be.

Are the non-Lady Deathstrike dudes the Hellfire goons Wolverine fucked up waaaay back in "Now it's my turn!"?

oh yeah it totally works most of the time in context. there's just something about it that strikes me as funny when you take a step back. and it's easy to overplay into hilarity

Top right panel art is better than it deserves

His brown and yellow costume is the absolute best and if they bring him back to life he should wear it again.

Yeah, it's great character building. I've never minded Wolverine being the only mutant to be able to hold a solo ongoing because he's got a lot of stuff to actually work with. He also works well as a loner, whereas someone like, say, Iceman, needs a team dynamic to work.

Oh yeah for sure, especially now
Back then it had a lot more of the "mysterious orient".
Now it's all weebs and anime dominating the first impressions of "Japanese culture"

I thought the movie was cape kino but Im still feeling a bit cheated I guess

17 fucking years and no costume
I wouldve prefered Daken over X-24, would tie the theme of family a bit more tight

and probably coincidentally he and Banshee were the only All New All Different team members who already existed in Marvel. (i think)

Yes they are.

Favourite arcs...

>Uncanny X-Men 205
>the Claremont and Frank Miller Wolverine
>Remender's Uncanny X-Force

I also have a soft spot for Morrison's and Whedon's Wolverine

Im not really a fan of Wolverine's solo series

My favourite costume is the brown and orange one, not really a fan of the yellow with blue details one.

As for the "daughters", I like all of them except Idie. I really enjoyed his relationship with Armor even though his interactions with Kitty and Jubilee are on another level.

Shotout to that issue where Logan gave Kitty her first smoke

Sunfire existed too, although I actually forgot about that for a little while.

Fuck, this art is too good.

too bad BWS like, disappeared.

i need to get that Not LifeDeath 3 GN he did

That really really is good.
Who is the artist?

Wolverine was such a better character when the claws were implants and not natural

"Snakt!" is an underrated onomatopoeia.

>Snakt
Ah, so this is the fabled anti-snikt

Hah! Great ending. That'll be all for me tonight, folks. Have a good one.

Barry Windsor-Smith.

Wolverine pre-90s was pretty good

Especially when his healing factor wasn't as absurd as it became

That's the curse, I guess, of having a character going for so long
There's only so much you can do before you start exaggerating shit

Can't forget gay Wolverine and Hercules. It was all the rage on bara boards.

Why does Wolverine have full muttonchops?

Because he's gay

They were popular in 1800s Canada

As I recall they were hopping around to different dimensions like the TV show sliders with Professor X's floating head. I think this Wolverine came from the Steam Punk dimension.

Who made wolverine a weeaboo anyways? Was it Miller?

Claremont and Miller with ther Wolverine series

But it was also hinted before during the whole "worldtour" the X-Men had after facing Magneto when they helped Sunfire and Logan met Mariko

Darkclaw is a couple of pouches away from being the epitome of 90s comics

>Hah! Great ending. That'll be all for me tonight, folks. Have a good one.

Thanks user. Man, the art, the dialog, it takes me back. I miss being this excited when I cracked open a copy of X-men.

Who answers to the phone when you call the X-men?

best robin

>Shotout to that issue where Logan gave Kitty her first smoke
Favorite Kitty moment with him was Logan going to kick Peter's ass for breaking her heart.

>Favorite story arcs?
Wolverine and Kitty Pride, End of the Outback Arc
>Essential story arcs?
Everything with CC, Weapon X, Uncanny X force, and I think the first arc with Amazing X men.
>Favorite costume?
Brown and yellow
> Favorite daughter-but-not-really?
Easily Jubilee. I feel he is at his best with her

Thanks

Isn't that the point though?

Probably some telephone answering mutant with the power to keep anyone on hold, no matter the duration