What will be his legacy?

What will be his legacy?

Cholesterol.

Overstaying his welcome.

Long ass Spidey run

The guy who successfully pulled a year long mind-swap story, brought back Ben Reilly, and made Doc Ock a legitimate threat again. Oh, and he revamped Venom.

That Peter saw how Otto fucked Aunt May (Amazing 698/699 or so)

The best imitator of Blob or Mojo

Nothing, and more nothing. He's no popular enough for normies to like him, and most fans seem to hate him, and he's one of dozens of people who've written Spidey at this point and his runs don't seem to be considered a high point of the franchise, so he'll be forgotten.

>Has written the book for nearly a decade
>Has sparked most Spidey spin-offs in that time, including Venom
You are fucking retarded if you think, like him or not, Dan Slott will ever be 'forgotten' in the tomes of Spider-Man history.

Also, lol at:
>Not popular for normies to like him
Dude is the writer of one of the top comics on planet Earth.

Whatever you say Slott, maybe if you spent less time arguing with people on forums and more time not being a shit writer you wouldn't be a hack doomed to be forgotten

>Someone told me I was wrong on the internet, so I'll just pull the classic 'this guy who says I'm wrong must be the person I was talking about meme'
>That'll show him!

Superior Spiderman.

One of the best Spider-Man storylines of all time

>being this obvious
Go to bed Dan.

The inability to make a new status quo stick

Superior Spider-Man as one of the first "villain takes over the hero's role" stories, at least in the 21st Century. Also, offering a fairly popular replacement for Peter as Spider-Man (I'd wager SpOck has more real fans than Miles)
Revamping Doc Ock in general.
Being able to deliver event story after event story almost single-handedly (the actual quality of these stories is frankly irrelevant since they still managed to be popular, sans maybe Clone Conspiracy)
Giving us Agent Venom and Anti-Venom
Expanding a bit on Spidey's lore
Giving Spider-Man a fuckton of new costumes (off the top of my head: Big Time, Bulletproof Armor, Fantastic Four suit [not the FF suit], Ends of the Earth, Superior I and II, post-Secret Wars)
And of course, one infamously long fucking run, maybe the longest if Bendis gives up first

Enough of this garbage meme. Actually respond to his arguments you lazy faggot.

Nothing, he may have changed a lot of shit in status quo a la "spidey will never be the same" but so did howard mackie , and who remembers his run? Nobody

Ruining Black Cat?

Came here to post this

what happened after he bopped her on the nose and she was like "time for serious business" and put her girls to bed?

The superior spider-man

>made Dock Ock a complete joke no one would ever take seriously
FTFY.

Dunno, I haven't read Spider-Man in a while, but last thing I know, I'm skimming an issue of Star-Lord, and she just had Diamonhead's leg cut off in the last page. Another writer, but you know, that gives a good idea of where they're getting at.

The man who managed to make me hate Spiderman.

>ruined Ben's good name and didn't even really bring him back
>repeatedly killed off and resurrected his favourite villain
>came up with good ideas that required other writers to make great.

>ruined Ben's good name and didn't even really bring him back
This is the worst part of Clone Conspiracy. Slott completely tainted Ben as a character without ever actually bringing Ben back.

Dying of iocane poisoning.

He gave us Superior Spider-Man, that's enough

his death

I feel bad for Slott. Every time Bendis tried to kill off Peter and replace him with Mile he was like "fuck off m8 i wont let you".
He seems like a genuine fan if Spidey and he can write good things but he has gotten stuck in the job for too long.

I think he'll be known for writing a long run on Spider-Man, but how well it'll be received will be really hard to say a decade from now; Byrne's FF was highly recommended back in the 80's and 90's but then in the 00's there were people coming out of the woodwork to rip it apart and then in recent years it gets reassessed again.

>He seems like a genuine fan
No. He seems like genuine a prick for ending Superior when he did. What a piece of shit, Superior was a good story but because of Slott's pussy self we lost the best Spider-Character ever.
Now we've got a satanist spider forever. All because Slott bitched out on all of us.

Honestly i feel he actually hates the character, i mean if he said openly that he hated the character he writes, that's bad PR so he veils it under saying he's the biggest spidey fan, spider verse should be enough proof of this as it basically was a snuff film of almost every spiderman incarnation

>Hey guys, am I the new John Romita Sr yet?

Started out fine, his Big Time is actually quite fun and Spider-Island is one of those rare Marvel events that are very flawed, but don't suck complete dick.

He's been going on quite decline since Spider-Island, but if he had stopped after End of the Earth he would've been remembered as one of the good guys.

Boy how it went wrong for him with Superior Spider-man. There is LITERALLY zero value in it aside from Dan Slott's conman tactics, because it heavily relies on twists and turns people had a whole month to discuss to death. I'll give him big credit for making Sup Forums really fun for like a year, every issue was storytimed, there were heated discussions, theories and it was fun. This however will not stand the test of time because kids who'll be interested in what the fuck Superior Spider-man was simply won't have to wait for Superior Spider-man issues for months, they can read whole thing in one go and without its conman appeal it's just Dying Wish stretched out to 30 issues with incredibly rushed ending.

And he never bounced back, in fact, his current Amazing Spider-man is arguably worse than his Superior Spider-man. This is a man who clearly doesn't know what the fuck to do.

The first man to ever die from exertion reaching for a pen on his desk.

What arguments?

Superior Spider-Man will be reinterpreted in future adaptations numerous times, and at least two of those will be good or interesting.

Renew Yoiur Vows?

Fucking, body swap is a SatAM cartoon plot of the week, Superior Spider-man did not invent it.

A lot of slott plots of slott have been done before and much better, but a lot of people still praise him as revolutionary, i'm guessing It's because a lot of people didn't start reading comics until the first civil war came out and the casual floodgates opened

He only stretched that damn story SO MUCH because editorial demanded. It was supposed to last half as much, which was already way too long.

haha this

His run has dipped a few times in sales and his stories don't really matter after they are done. Only Bendis has worked alongside him during the iron man run. Everyone else either ignores his stuff or takes shots at him. Spock was constantly made fun of during Superior. Not to mention the ASM issues have beat the Clone Conspiracy issues which shows more loyalty to the main spider title rather than the writer.

getting away with it.

He and Bendis will be held up as shining examples of not knowing when to step down and why you shouldn't let the patients run the asylum

The Qianlong Emperor retired so that the Kangxi Emperor would remain the longest-ruling Emperor. Why? Out of respect for his predecessor

Dan? Dan needs to be the longest-running because he hasn't made a single iconic storyline for the character.