Has Jason killed anyone that actually mattered?

Has Jason killed anyone that actually mattered?

Batman 1983-88

Tim's chances of relevancy

Hey don't let Jason hog all the limelight.
Damian was also a factor in the equation that killed Tim.

>Damian was also a factor in the equation that killed Tim.

This.

Damian is what truly killed Tim's relevancy.

He killed Bane and several other villains in Arkham Knight.

Tim was never good.

Nice try damifag

accurate

Didn't he kill Tony Stark's parents and make him all ragey?

Why does Sup Forums hate Tim so much? Sure he's bland but he's good around Kon and Cass and is a pretty good straight man in general, he's a good leader and has always been a competent Robin which can't be said for Jason and Damian. Tim's not even my favorite Robin, I like Jason best but I can't find it in me to outwardly hate him plus Red Robin was a cool series.

Plus I don't get why Damifags hate him so much either, they always go on about great Damian's character development is and said praised character development is always Damian becoming less arrogant, more mild-mannered/normal, more loving towards the rest of the Batfam and becoming a more competent Robin...things that Tim has always been. Anyone care to explain? Cause usually Sup Forums isn't so contrarian.

He didn't kill Bane but he did kill Black Mask and Killer Moth

He killed Captain Nazi.

He shot Harvey Dent's daughter in the head.

So I guess no.

DELETE

>I like Jason best but I can't find it in me to outwardly hate him plus Red Robin was a cool series
Trust me dude, Tim and his fans aren't worth defending because his fans are ones of the biggest Jason haters besides Dick fans and Tim spend his career as Robin being told that he's better than Jason.

He did in the comic.

I hate Tim and Damian, Jason should have stayed dead after the Red Hood nonsense

Spot the Dick fan.

I don't hate Tim. I'm just indifferent to him.

>Why does Sup Forums hate Tim so much?
Because he doesn't have a good book.

Sup Forums didn't give a shit about Dick during New 52 Nightwing and didn't give a shit about Jason prior to Rebirth because they were mediocre to shit.

It's actually pretty interesting watching how opinions change when the consensus on their book's quality changes.
>Dick is irrelevant and trash because no Teen Titans history and nobody can make him work
to
>he's one of the best characters DC has and omg DC needs to do push him more and fans need to shut up about Teen Titans because TT is garbage and always was

You can see it happening with Jason now compared to the last 5 years where the nicest thing people had to say was DC doesn't know what to do with him.

You say that like its a bad thing

Nah Jason is too compelling to stay dead.

>Has Jason killed anyone that actually mattered
Bruce's love

Why the heck do they hate him? And If any Robin fanbase has the right to hate any Robin, it's the Jason fanbase because of the reason you mentioned last.

Oh, poor you...

I always found Tim's introduction into the family to be fucking dumb.
>I was there that night at the circus
>I totally figured it out because shut up
>Batman needs a Robin

It's. If anyone rival Tim in blandness, it's Dick.

I understand that but that's not necessarily reflective of the character and out of everyone in the batfam Tim has shown to be one of the most understanding towards Jason.

>he doesn't have a good book
Well, as aforementioned, I liked Red Robin and Young Justice if it counts, and even though it was a terrible run, he was actually sorta interesting for the first third/half of v3 Teen Titans.

Also the other stuff is sort of true, I remember a couple years ago the general consensus amongst most people on Dick was that he was too vanilla, bland and campy, I guess it's just an ongoing cycle and it's just Tim's time to get crapped on until people get sick of it, go full circle, and start hyping the fuck out of him and start shitting on some other Robin.

>Dick was that he was too vanilla, bland and campy
He still all of this, but his fans are getting more obnoxious and louder lately.

I kinda like it
>Batman this grimderp Miller shit has to stop, and I'll wear the banana hotpants myself if that's what it takes

It's not how it went, though. Tim run like an idiot to Dick and told to be Robin again, but he got told to freak off and it was Alfred who pushed him to wear the costume.

Hes fans.

>Why does Sup Forums hate Tim so much? Sure he's bland

Tim Drake stans.

I hated Drake since he became red robin his unhealthy obssesion with Bruce made me sick.

What Jason does that matters the most is call out Batman on his bullshit
Seriously, when everybody's so busy fawning over Batgod it's a delicious feeling of schadenfreude when he gets rightly put in his place

He came back and revealed that he was the anthropomorphic personification of Nazism.

Fpbp

Kek, you got the "say that to alfred" page?

>clark openly referring to us as "human".

alien scum.

But in the game Bane is off in Santa Prisca doing Batman stuff

Well, it's different in comics because he actually killed him.

Nah he still loves him. It's why he never ended up getting punished for his actions. Except that time he really went off the deep end under Dickbats.

Even Dick didn't punish him and just put him in Arkham to protect him.

What's going on here?

By stopping Mongul that time, Jason did more to save the universe than any other Robin has ever done.

Batman was hit by Scarecrow gas fear and hallucinate Jason attacking him.

And pretty much everything Jason said there is what Batman felt.

Bruce got hit by fear toxin and imagined Jason going full nut job, while he was really strangling Tim.

Literally the same reason he's unable to stop the Joker lmao

He does stop him. He just refuse to kill.

Do you even read comics? Batman broke Joker's bones multiple times and throw him in jail.

His writers kept saying that he was better than Batman at the things Batman is supposed to be best at and fans got tired of it. In the 00's, after Dixon left (vocally disagreeing with DC's new direction for the character) Tim went from the 'normal' Robin with a dad and a step-mom and a curfew and girl troubles to Batman Jr. with dead parents and the 'best detective ever' label and that turned a lot of people off. Morrison restructured the Batfam, created a new Robin and brought Dick back in as the heir apparent. Then New 52 happened. Between Morrison and Snyder we got nearly a decade of quality Batbooks where Tim really didn't matter. What did we need Tim for?

Sup Forums didn't give a shit about Dick during New 52 Nightwing and didn't give a shit about Jason prior to Rebirth because they were mediocre to shit.
Sup Forums had monthly threads complaining about story quality for both of these characters. Not giving a shit about the books are different from not giving a shit about the characters.

the bat-family's credibility

How is Barbara standing?

Where have you been since 2011?

>you love me too much
Jason, you lucky bastard because hardly anyone can say that Batman "loves them too much".

I don't read comics that much.

The poor dude probably just come back from 2010.

It always amaze me how Jason was able to win Batman's love so effortlessly.

He's a lovable scamp

It's funny that out of all the Robins in modern comics, Jason has the most Batdad moments. They're always forcing Bruce to show his affection.

Pointless, because if we had to rank them in the amount Bruce really cares about them, it's obviously Dick > Damian > Jason/Tim

I really like that design.

This sounds really stupid, but for some reason I think Two Face would be a great Red Hood ala Judge.

>effortlessly
He just used the skills he'd picked up on the streets.

>it's obviously Dick > Damian > Jason/Tim
It's obvious to you only. If there was a rank, it will be like this Jason > Dick/Damian > Tim.

You have to be completely oblivious to think that Batman care about Jason less than Dick and Damian.

Jason was a really loveable kid with Bruce.

Come on, Pre-Crisis he was basically a different character.

>i don't know what red robin is also i have shit taste.
that's what i read

I dunno, Dick helped stop Trigon

Puberty's a bitch

Red Robin was really only ok. It wasn't bad, but the fact that Timfags hold it up as some pinnacle of the character really speaks volumes. Not to mention it came out at a time when a bunch of 10/10 bat series were being published

I can understand Dick's appeal. He is a batman that didn't let tragedy break him.

>but the fact that Timfags hold it up as some pinnacle of the character

Now I'm curious, what is each batfam character's "super duper highlights"?

My best guess:

Bruce- Year One, TDKR,
Dick- Morrison B&R, Grayson
Jason- UtRH
Tim- I honestly want to say his training arcs under Granyt/Breyfogle
Damian- Morrison B&R
Babs- Batgirl Year One
Cass- Puckett's run
Steph- BQM's run
Kate- Elegy
Selena- Brubaker Run
Helena- Cry For Blood

He was still likable in post crisis.

>Jason- UtRH
A lot of Jason fans really love Red Hood: LD plus the current Rebirth series.

Man, Barr's run was really great and one of my favorites.

>Dick was that he was too vanilla, bland and campy
This honestly the most accurate description of Dick.

>Well, as aforementioned, I liked Red Robin and Young Justice if it counts
No no no

A good book NOW

Tim has been in a shit book for 5 years, finally got okay in 'Tec and is now not in any books

He needs a good direction with a good writer and then Sup Forums's opinion on him will flip fast

Jason: UtRH, Countdown, Search for Ray Palmer, RHATO v1, RHA, The Last Crusade

>Not giving a shit about the books are different from not giving a shit about the characters.
Except Sup Forums didn't care about the characters either.

It's funny going back to 2011-2014 because all Sup Forums wanted was for Dick to be Batman again because people were convinced that it was the only time DC made him work. And people thought the character was practically dead because Tim and Jason took Titans and Titans characters from him.
Then Grayson happened and Sup Forums's opinion changed pretty much changed to "wow Dick is good and who needs Kory, Roy, and the Titans team" in like a two month time span.

Not Red Hood exactly but an equally violent vigilante who never redeems himself like Jason does and just stays a villain

But of course

I have been hearing many good things about this run and I want to know more about Jason when he was Robin.

This page never failed to make me laugh. Best sick burn moment.

Read it, dude. Jason full run as Robin was suprisingly very enjoyable and made me really appreciate him more.

Jason should just start killing off the less important batman villains. Starting from crazy quilts, polkadots and eggheads.

Everyone post more Jason + Batdad moments, these are fucking adorable.

Good idea.

I will post pages/panels once I finish with something.

Hardly.
All I remember from 2011-2014 was Sup Forums complaining that DC took the best writer Dick has had in decades, moved him to the main Batman title, and gave Batman the Court of Owls story arc that was clearly tailor-made for Dick too.

Then they changed direction for Nightwing every arc from one mediocre idea to another because they'd retconned most of his supporting cast out of existence and didn't know what to do with him.

The threads were there, but threads about collectively agreeing how a book is shit don't have anywhere else to go.

I like Tim, but he's at his best as the "status quo" character. He's the Robin in Batman and Robin, and that's all he'll be. He's nothing particularly notable, and he isn't going to progress anywhere.

I hated New 52 Tim, especially under Tynion's pen, so I think death or retirement is really the best possible ending for him.

What about Kite Man! Hell yeah!

What happened to Alfred again? This was ages before he had his hand cut off. Did he get hit with a crowbar or something?

It would be indeed funny to see Batman mourn that loss more than him losing Jason.

Here's a really fun moment between them.

It was during Death of the Family, when he was attacked and kidnapped (if I'm remembering right) by the Joker.

Count me in.

This was a very sweet moment.

Jason used to call Bruce Ace? Cute.

>For first time it's seems true: A son isn't always born of his father
>First time
Dick BTFO

>comic books

Dick being Bruce's son is a fairly recent thing, but don't tell Batfamilyfags

Wolfman made the father/son thing more a subtext to make Dick more independent, but ultimately had Burce not think of him as a son

The pushing of the father/son thing as more than subtext started with Dixon, for the most part, with Grayson the writer continuing it while shipping them at the same time. And ever since then writers choose whichever one they want; father/son, brothers, or just friends.