Wheel of time /WoT/ General TV Show

Discuss

What's wheel of time

lord of the rings for retards & soyboys

fuck you you piece of shit, wheel of time is goat. except the ending but thats only cause the author died and they got a shithead to finish it.
if you dont like matrim cauthon, then you can just get out

thanks for sticking up for the very masculine book series

>Trying to force a general for a show with no news
I know /lit/ is a terrible place to discuss fantasy, but there's no need for near daily threads on the series until more info comes out.

Hopefully they'll realise the live action fantasy market will be saturated and go to

kys

Why would you go and say something like that?

I would hate to be a Wheel of Time fan right now. Being an ASOIAF fan since the early 00s it's bee awful watching a series you like become unrecognizable because it got a little popular due to a TV show adaptation.

because i want it to be live action i want more high fantasy

In the current year era, I have very little faith that they'd adapt it well. At the very least, casting will be a major challenge for the Aiel. There's also the issue of channelling and shooting locations.

I'm preparing for the worst by expecting an Eragon-tier adaptation.

channelling is easy just basic bitch cgi thats been done in video game cinema cuts for years see blizzard

casting isn't an issue just a hair dye and shit like that

the real issue is sets there literally travelling to different sprawling cities and towns and inns and taverns every chapter so yeah thats an issue

i heard that sony is making some show thats called "powers"

this could be a real issue sony makes a show thats loosely based on the book and they ad lib a lot of bullshit into it so we don't get an actual WoT show but some sort of weird step child of it

>the guy that keeps trying to make a general out of this even with no new info on the series
I hope the trollocs look realistic.txt

At least my sword of truth adaption was good spank material.

How are modern geek chic fashion nerds going to make this unbearable for the real WOT fans?

is this even confirmed ?

>the guy that keeps trying to make a general out of this even with no new info on the series

*freeze frame* *record scratch*

Yep thats me, you probably wondered how i got here? Well, we have to go back, way back.

You need good actors to be able to work well with that CGI, see the Hobbit travesty. Also, the CGI itself will inevitably vary.

The issue with casting is that the majority of the nations are ethnically homogeneous, so you're going to have at least one exec screeching about filling the diversity quota early on despite how many different race characters there are after EotW. It will look absurd if Andor is a modern London or US city.

For smaller locations such as the different taverns that Rand and Mat go to, as well as the Trollocs, I hope that they stick to practical/real effect and don't use CGI. It would allow the CGI to be reserved for the magic which might help it appear different.

Best case is that they continuously film as much as possible so that the actors don't die or age too much.

>*freeze frame* *record scratch*
Open with the Last Battle at Shayol Ghul.
Go all the way back to Lanfear and the Bore.
>Too far back
Open with the EotW Prologue.

>You need good actors to be able to work well with that CGI, see the Hobbit travesty. Also, the CGI itself will inevitably vary.

theirs no little people in WoT the only cgi shit they'd have to do is pretend to wave their hands around like their casting a spell which is piss easy

>one exec screeching about filling the diversity quota

fuck em

>For smaller locations such as the different taverns that Rand and Mat go to, as well as the Trollocs, I hope that they stick to practical/real effect

I do too but i think its too expensive or they'd have to get some real clever carpenters otherwise yeah it will be a CGI shit fest.

like you cgi should only be fore magic bullshit and thats it or some distance shot of some fuck huge city, castle

By comparing Elayne to Danny T and stupid shit like the live reactions if it gets popular.
If it doesn't get popular, shitting on it for not being grimdark and edgy like GoT.

nah i think they will come to see women play a large role in the show so they will love how women are in power initially

record scratches
>"you're probably wondering why I have only one hand, a glass sword and two Aes Sedai following me into this hot small cave that leads to Shaitan, so lets go a bit back..."
record scratches, shows Mierin and Beidomon digging the initial Bore
>"woah not that far back!"
record scratches, shows Lew Therin Telamon butchering his family with Ishamael chuckling in the background
>"fine, lets start here"

>shows Lew Therin Telamon butchering his family with Ishamael chuckling in the background
no that was shit

just fucking start at the beginning of the first book in the two rivers if they do anything else.....

>It's an Elayne rubs her wide behind on an old man's crotch because she thinks it's acceptable.

lads im seriously struggling on book 5 with nynaeve and elayne in the minangerie (circus) jordan won't go to any other characters i cant anymore i cant even....

I need to get past..

best books, 6, 12-13-14, book 5 has high points and low points, but the characters do evolve into more likeable.
except for Elayne and Egwene, they are hopeless
Nynaeve becomes awesome after book 7 or so, Min is tolerable all of time, Aviendha barely shows up in later books.

>He doesn't like the circus