Which show is better? and why is it gumball?

which show is better? and why is it gumball?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uyYxGHN73ZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DYn-u8-1NDc
youtube.com/watch?v=xvks9zNnNHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gumball.

Even when I was big on SU, I'd still have said Gumball is better.

How can anyone not pick Gumball?

tough call, im gon say SU, but i can easily understand why anybody would prefer gumball, its the best animated cartoon ive ever seen, and easily the funniest one currently airing

Gumball, but where does the comparison come from? They're entirely different in just about every way other than the coincidental fact that they air on the same network

gumball

This.
I think SU tries too hard on "sensible" topics (hurr here's a sad backstory now cry). When TAWOG tries to bring some feels it does it pretty damn well. The Choices made my cry my ass off and I don't even know how

Gumball songs > SU songs
youtube.com/watch?v=uyYxGHN73ZQ

Steven Universe
Gumball is fine but some episodes try way too hard wth ironic humor

You have those reversed, trannyverse is the one who tries too hard with ironic humor.

SU season 1 > Gumball > SU seasons 2-4

Probably because they'll do it in the span of one episode, rather than hinting at something in one episode and then leaving you sitting on ice for the next fifty.

>Tumblr Whisperverse
>The Overdone References of Screamball

Two very different shows for two different types of low intellect individuals.

Gumball shits all over SU.

Gumball and I like SU slightly better, out of the two.

Gumball puts vidya on notice.
Gumball puts memes on notice.
Gumball puts anime on notice.
Gumball puts YouTube on notice.
Gumball puts Chinese copycat on notice.
Gumball even puts the main character voice actors on notice.
Gumball would probably put all of CN on notice if it felt like it.

Gumball has better animation. It sets the bar while SU pulls the bar down and takes a crap on it and then just says the shitty animation is their art style.

The characters are done way better in Gumball. Compare the townies to the background characters in SU.

Gumball is just a cartoon addressing SoL in the universe they've created. But they do their mundane topics (being late to school, having your first kiss, procrastinating on your chores) through their universe and make it hilarious. SU just has either dramatic plot development episodes of really, really shitty SoL episodes with the town people. Partly because the setting sucks (boring beach city) and also because the townies are abysmally bad

Gumball is one of the only shows I've actually laughed out loud at and not just interally chuckled, and it still hasn't let up after all this time. Shit has so many brilliant dialogue and sight gags that are really fucking unique thanks to the mish-mash art style and good writing in general. I really don't get why it isn't more popular than it is.
I might be overselling it, but honestly, it feels like CN's equivelent of The (good seasons of the) Simpsons, it's that good. SU can't compete with that.

Christ. They both rank between shit and toxic waste.

Uh.

The one about the autistic fat kid, I guess.

what do you watch then, oh gifted autistic man child god of all that is good taste

>and why is it gumball?
Because it's funny and clever. Also, SU's plot doesn't interest me, so it has nothing to balance the gap

Gumball is one of the best cartoons of all time, if not THE best cartoon of all time. Everything works. The characters are lovable and have perfect on screen comedic timing and chemistry. The sight gags and dialogue are so uniquely and brilliantly written it would make The Simpsons and Spongebob look bad by comparison. It feels like a sitcom, but it isn't. It has actual lore that doesn't fuck up the entire show. The animation is fucking beautiful. Like holy shit, where do they get the budget for that? Beautiful backgrounds and perfect animation for the dialogue. It's just so good. Gumball is the most lovable MC in a children's cartoon ever by the way.

Steven Universe is alright. Every once in a while they'll produce a really fucking good episode but in between it's a lot of meh and filler. It's not completely shit like most anons here say, but I personally just cannot get with it. The animation looks fucking awful at times. It's hard to even focus on the show sometimes it's so distracting. The writing can range from "pretty good" tier to atrocious tier. The characters are all mostly unlikable save for Greg and maybe Garnet from time to time. Steven is a whiny cunt, Pearl is just a selfish, horrible being, Amethyst actually isn't too bad. It's just all so meh. Nothing stands out. And don't even get me started on the filler townie episodes. They are always bad. No exception. Rocknaldo and Beach City Drift are prime examples of this. I have no idea why I continue to watch SU. I think it's just because I like to know what everyone is complaining about.

Overall, Gumball is much better than Steven Universe. Steven feels as if it's done constantly half assedly because Sugar's team is such newbie Tumblr shite. I mean look at Lauren Zuke, tell me half of Steven's fanbase and writers isn't exactly like her. Gumball has a competent team with a good sense of humor and storytelling and a creator that is one of us. Ben Boquelet just understands basic humor and storytelling.

Gumball.

Gumball is simply super fun, actually funny, have loads of waifus of all shapes and sizes, have superior songs, background characters that make you go "oh, that guy/girl looks interesting, I hope we have an episode focusing on him/her", and despite being situated in a single town is somehow more exciting than a setting where there is a constant threat of alien rock lesbians planning to take over. Shit niggah, this is a comedy show, and we had an antagonist that was super threatening and nearly destroyed Gumball's life,

That episode where Gumball opens his mind and realizes there are other characters in the school that aren't in his grade is fucking amazing

Gumball's actually really funny, clever and well animated.
Steven's weirdly written, mostly bland and the plot is pretty unsatisfying.

>The episode where they run out of money and their animation gets worse and worse until the characters are a bunch of stick figures on post-it notes.

>this massive bait

>have loads of waifus
There is only one waifu in Gumball. She is better than any girl from SU tho,

>There is only one waifu in Gumball. She is better than any girl from SU tho,

but thats where you are wrong Gumfriend

>posting the worst gem

>posting inferior waifu

>Gumball threads are so dead they need to drag SU into them so people can finally start talking about the show
lol

what else do you propose?

Gumball S2 > SU season 1 > Gumball S1 + S3-S5 > SU seasons 2-4

>they need
It's only one autistic idiot who thinks Gumball is the best cartoon ever.

You know?
Gumbo has no unlikeable character, even Richard who is considered by many the worst character has a lot of wonderful moments.

>Gumbo has no unlikeable character
Who is Gumball

Ocho is a fucking shit though

Gumball obviously.
SU takes itself too seriously.

A loveable cunt

Gumball can tackle serious subjects without taking itself too seriously. Which is great.

that fat boy is wasting my time , 4 hour go in and out of the cluster , ask 0 question about homeworld along with peridot .

Gumball is a better cartoon
But Steven is a better show

Gambo raised the bar with episodes like The Job and The Question

SU only raised questions on how it managed to be so popular.
There is no good character, it's tonally all over the place and the designs are ugly (and not appealing ugly like The Rugrats or Duckman). A lot of episodes are also boring as fuck, even a mediocre TAWOG episode like the most recent "The Weirdo" has redeeming qualities (the musical non with those crazy drawings).

Definitley the Amazing world of Gumball! One of my all time favorite shows!

Not only Gumball, but also WBB, Clarence, uncle granpa are better show than SU.

Put S3 Gumball alongside S2 Gumball and I agree.

Gumball manages to take itself more seriously by keeping a consistent quality.
Steven Universe has self-control similar to a modern toddler's program in comparison.

I should also mention that I think that both shows are awful.

SU1=G2/3>4/5G>1G>SU2/3
Don't know what the FUCK happen to SU.
Rebeca dropped the ball after S1 finale.

I think the craziest thing is that between the two the most subtle show is TAWOG.
SU is incredibly incompetent with its writing.

>Don't know what the FUCK happen to SU.
Character development hasn't expanded since (we learn more about them sure, but the characters don't develop or learn anything), they're no more surprises as part of what made S1 great is you don't expect the bigger central plot coming.

But the biggest flaw is the show itself seems to not know whether it wants to be a spice of life or epic space drama and instead makes a half-assed mixture of the two.

This is most likely due to the fact that the show has no god damn writers.

The problem is that the show can be separated into SoL and then plot development episodes. SoL is worse than fillet because 1) it tends to involve townies and 2) nothing reflects SU in SoL now

They used to be able to do it correctly. Remember that episode when Steven had to take Connie back to her house and he saw multiple outcomes through Garnet's future vision? That's an example of creating good SoL episodes by using the unique qualities and aspects of the show and it's world that you have created. Rocknaldo is the opposite. It might as well be completely separate characters in a completely different show because nothing in the episode uses the universe they've created.

Also the SoL tends to focus so much on the message that they forget to be entertaining.

>that one time where SU fans and Gumball fans started fighting due to the anime sequences each one had

This is still the best one.
youtube.com/watch?v=DYn-u8-1NDc

I remember that.
SU isn't known for good animation most of the time so I took it that SU fans "needed" that win if it makes sense.

It was one of the better episodes honestly.

Which was "anime" steven one again? Besides all the ripped off scenes I mean.

The gumball one was downright impressive for their already low and stressed budget.

>"Hey let's just create an entire sequence with a unique art style we haven't done yet as a homage to the genre."

>the show has no god damn writers.
the world building makes this so painfully obvious.

The city on the beach where they all live? Beach City

The homeworld of the gems? Gem Homeworld

The ominous "cluster" at the center of the earth? A literal cluster of gems. (Also side note how the fuck did they get that shit down there? Was it before, during, or after the war? And why the fuck did the Crystal Gems not know it existed? And if Homeworld spent so much time and resources to do it why the fuck did they abandon it? Didn't they think the Crystal Gems were gone? If so why didn't they rush over to make sure nothing was compromised when they misunderstood that Rose was still alive? And if they really thought Steven was Rose why didn't they send more than fucking Jasper and the rubies to take her out when she was the greatest terrorist their people have ever known? I mean she shattered a fucking diamond and let a resistance that turned their people against them, you'd think they'd want to crush her as fast as possible when they found out "she" was still alive or there were crystal gems still alive.)

And the best part is the name of the Crystal Gems. I get the homeworld gems just being referred to as gems being its a caste society and the leaders are unique and so their names are their status symbol.

But why the fuck do the Crystal Gems still do this? Aren't they all about individuality and fighting the caste system of homeworld? Doesn't Pearl fucking hate being thought of only as a pearl? Then why the fuck do they still refer to themselves as their gem time? Why didn't they pick out names?

Fuck this show is so retarded.

I googled "Steven Universe anime scene" and got no specific hits other than the garnet episode where they referenced anime. No scene with anime animation though.

Gumball's is here for anyone who hasn't scene it yet youtube.com/watch?v=xvks9zNnNHc

Than what was the "fight" that guy mentioned all about?

SU had some big name Japanese director for one episode.
The only difference for that episode is that it looked more smooth.

You're talking about a show that's too timid to expand the world beyond beach city what do you expect? We heard more about Connie's school than scene for fucks sake. And of course I'm not going to touch the bucket of worms which is Steven not going to school and developing autism

I just now realized Yuki was calling Nicole "Neko" which is japanese for cat. I wondered if they planned for that ahead of time or just had the actor pronounce it like this for this scene when they realized they could make an in joke, considering most kids don't know japanese

The episode is "Mindful Education". It wasn't literally anime stylized but it had a Trigger animator guest do the animations for it.

People freaked out because it was their best animated episode and generally, well, you saw the Peridot and Roadrunner post right?

Look up "Here Comes A Thought".
It's not really an "anime scene", it's just boarded by a member of Studio Trigger who is a fanboy of the show.

There was no "fight", just a few comparisons here and there and the usual SU haters ready to shit everything up.

>I wondered if they planned for that ahead of time or just had the actor pronounce it like this for this scene when they realized they could make an in joke, considering most kids don't know japanese
It's plausible actually. Originally Gumball and his family were meant to look like old fashioned chibi pop anime. It's not as obvious now since the art style and show has changed and evolved through the seasons but the anime influences in their initial designs are more obvious in the first two season.

Is Steven really this stupid looking?
From what I have gathered, he is a mentally stunted fourteen year old stuck in a 8 year old body.

>tfw you consider that to be one of the weakest SU episodes

I have no idea what he's referencing hence why I googled it

>invite guest animator
>animation gets better

fucking kek, the shittiness of the animation in SU never ceases to amaze me

had to repost cause fucked up a sentence. The animation is really fucking bad and they make the most basic of mistakes. And yes the fandom basically accepts that he has autism and is emotionally stunted

That's like saying whether you consider apples or oranges the better fruit.

fucking kek they made the kid's mouth's not sync up with their voices

Gumball doesn't vapidly pander to the gay audience or try to disguise obvious PR stunts as being rogressive.

holy shit that's better animated than most animate fights

>>"Hey let's just create an entire sequence with a unique art style we haven't done yet as a homage to the genre."

but they didnt animate it, 4C studio did it

still had to pay for it

Oranges are the better fruit though.

>I really don't get why it isn't more popular than it is.

Someone correct me on this, but I've heard it's been crazy popular with children, both in the US and internationally. It's also CN's most aired show behind TTGo.

Gumball actually has writers and wit. Steven is purely drama slop that anyone can write.

It's actually very popular internationally but nobody talks about it for some reason

It's the most popular international animated show and has even been praised by critics in Europe.

It's really only ignored in America, where even then it gets large ratings from children.

It's not PPG levels of popularity but it's up there. I imagine the lack of merchandising here in America more then likely stems from internal politics from Cartoon Network Studios Europe we don't know about.

Sup Forums is just retarded.
Sup Forums was able to discuss one episode of Gumball for about three damn threads while Sup Forums barely has the brain power discuss their dead cat waifu.

>the episode where Gumball tried to get a kid to slap his ass

>that episode where the cable goes out and they discover they are in a TV show

worst is Sup Forums

can't discuss Your Name without massive Keit-ai spam despite the meme being completely inaccurate to the plot

You are really stupid.

Are you actually going to explain why you think I am wrong or are you going bitch at a distance?

I wish

Sup Forums has no taste anyways.

You cant really compare the two. One has a plot and the other is like spongebob

Overall it's SU, but Gumball is funnier.

We did discuss the episode. It was a very active thread but you cannot have a discuss running forever. The bomb/nuke format is a big problem for us too.

>discuss
discussion*

Gumball was hilarious in the first 1-2 seasons, but it's so boring now. I don't even laugh when I watch it, and there's no value to it other than comedic.

Steven Universe's 1st season was among my favourite cartoon's, but it seems to be dwindling down. The build up is taking way too long and the townie episodes they keep shitting out suck ass. However, the jokes still make me laugh and it has value in it's lore and world building.

SU wins for me.

Easily Gumball, though SU is also pretty nice.

You guys were barely able to discuss it for about a single thread. Keep in mind that the thread here took more than a day to actually get archived. The Sup Forums threads where able to get around three threads of The Console in less time than Sup Forums was able to get through one.
Right now, the Sup Forums Gumball threads are struggling to support themselves. Even when the VOD episodes are available, the thread is being kept alive by waifu fags and unnecessary bumps.

This is song is really fun, but wow that aggressive Melodyne use. It's almost unlistenable.

>The Sup Forums threads where able to get around three threads of The Console in less time than Sup Forums was able to get through one.
>"omg why are Sup Forums, the faster board of Sup Forums is faster than a slow board like/co/?"
Really? and keep in mind that Sup Forums is really good with off-topic discussion but SUCKS at on-topic discussion. Every videogame thread is shitposting, baits, waifu/husbando shit and forced memes.

>Even when the VOD episodes are available
Pic related

>why are
Fucking mobile posting

>ad populum is being used as an argument

Hahaha. You can't be serious. The vast majority of people that flood into places like /sug/ are linked here from tumblr. They have no connection to the rest of the site, no familiarity with the culture of the board, that's why whenever these sort of threads lure them out of their echo chamber, they get all offended and defensive as if they've never experienced even the most base of Sup Forums trolls. The generals represent the worst of everything about that sort of format, pointless subjects and threads (more often than not OP'd with a piece of shitty fanart to give someone in the thread good feelsies), inane shitposting borrowed heavily from Sup Forums, and a community that never leaves the general or if they do it's to post about that general's subject in another fandom's threads (like SU fags trying to take over the Star vs s2 finale thread the other day).

Not only that, but fad shows like Steven Universe will inevitably dry up like Adventure Time did, as soon as the next shiny tumblr object attracts all the femanons, juanposters, and attention starved drawfags.

Not a fan of either show by the way, they're both the same sort of tired, CalArts face, anime/meme referencing schlock which have plagued the early 2010's.

Steven dropped the ball in almost every category.
Gumball's still consistently pretty good.

>bombs and nuke work for SU even with leaks
>nuke works for SVTFOE even with leaks
>nuke fails with Gumball even with leaks

Ironic.

But for steven they only have important plot thing in bombs and nothing but filler otherwise. For gumball it just burns people out having so much all at once.