Stop looking for the truth, Mulder

Stop looking for the truth, Mulder.

>it's a "cigarette smoking man is in skinner's office up to no good" episode

I like it when he is hiding just out of view when Mulder is in Skinner's office, then appears when Mulder leaves.
Mulder would fucking smell him if he was in there.

>whole episode is just a bunch of suited men talking in a dimly lit room mixed with scenes of mulder getting no answers about anything

I hated the lore episodes

Scully we need to talk
it's aboud aliums

>I hated the lore episodes

>whole episode is just a bunch of suited men talking in a dimly lit room mixed with scenes of mulder getting no answers about anything

Perhaps. But when you present it like that it sounds absolutely amazing.

I think i remember Mulder making a reference to it in some episode.
Telling Skinner that he can smell the smoke meaning he was just in his office.

I find it amusing how a guy who was later retconned into one of the most (if not THE most) powerful figures of the shadow govt has nothing better to do in the first season but hang out in the office of an assistant director.

>monster of the week > lore

We can all agree on this, right?

No sane individual would even think of arguing with this.

Best episodes.

I didn't like the power creep of the Cigarette Smoking Man. I liked him just being like a long time veteran man in black that was assigned to fuck up Mulder's shit.

why didnt they just kill mulder rather than put on years of complicated charades about aliums just so mulder can stop believing

lore was solid until Scully was abducted

the one where Mulder is trying to defuse the hostage situation might be my favorite episode

>it's a smoking man kills jfk episode

>its a 'cigarette smoking man is mulder's father' episode

>its a 'cigarette smoking man is scully's baby' episode

>it's a Smasltown USA filmed in Canada episode
>rental car is an Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera or a Buick Century

What exactly was the truth?
It was obvious that Aliens was real since the first fucking episode

The aliens were actually made up

he was watching after his son

For what purpose?

the twins episode is the best episode

To send Mulder on a wild goose chase while the smoking man and rest of illurminati posse take over the world or something.

IT WAS A PRANK BRO

Why not just kill mulder?

Cause CSM loved him

You people never worked your way up the corporate/shadow government ladder? Put in some years, slap the right backs?

>Answer early in the series
Mulder is too high profile, killing him is like broadcasting that he's right to every crackpot.
>answer later on
Cig guy is his dad or something, or not, either way he loves him like a dad and secret town test or something, it was a dream I guess.

the pen is mightier than the sword

Lel

SPOOKY MULDER

>What exactly was the truth?
Didn't the first movie show it? That a shadow government was aware of aliens and was willing to use humans as cattle?

so it was exactly like what everyone thought from the beginning