Why is Marvel so adamant against this guy being in their cross over games with Capcom?

Why is Marvel so adamant against this guy being in their cross over games with Capcom?

Other urls found in this thread:

makaiarchives.tumblr.com/post/158008022865/gamest-short-story-demitris-hundred-year
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Midnight Bliss

Darkstalkers was never that popular and Morrigans popularity was largely fueled by the VS games

Also I have never heard that, and I'm pretty sure Capcom has the last word on that

Including the other male Darkstalkers characters? Waifus.

But I'm still holding onto the hope that maybe Demitri and or Talbain will be there with Morrigan in MvC: I.

So exactly why I'm adamant for it then

Because Marvel isn't going to let you gender-swap their characters like that.

Same reason MK vs DC had neutered fatalities. They don't want people holding up Superman's severed head and spine.

Because Magneto is the only Maximoff allowed

Most of Marvel's characters already have a Midnight bliss form. Turn Cap into American Dream. Hulk into She. Turn current Carol into classic Carol. Iron Man into Rescue. Hawkeye into that other Hawkeye from Young Avengers. Thor into Whor.

That said, if any Darksiders other than Morrigan make it into the game, it has to be Lord fuckin' Raptor.

Marvel seems to have no problem gender swapping their comics, even if it tanks their popularity.

The issue isn't that Midnight Bliss turns characters into women...well, not entirely.

The issue is that creating transformations like that are time-consuming and an unnecessary allocation of resources. Especially when each character in the game needs a new unique model for the attack to work.

Now consider the fact that this game is speculated to release batches of DLC & seasonal characters, and there you have your answer.

Marvel doesn't give a fuck; they let Felicia in for MvC3 so clearly they aren't barring anything. The issue is that Capcom also doesn't give a fuck, because the only thing interesting about Demitri is Midnight Bliss. He's just buff Shoto-Dracula.

This game is more mainstream though.

Also making Midnight Bliss versions of everyone is probably not worth the effort.

RAM
Human Torch couldn't make it because of RAM limitations
Midnight Bliss would be too much

Underated Post.

Having to make Midnight Blisses for around 30+ characters in 3D would be a fucking nightmare.

Hell, the real problem with the male Darkstalkers characters is that most of them would be way too hard to animate with the body-altering and stuff, especially Lord Raptor and Rikuo. If anything the only male ones who could work are Donovan and maybe Talbain seeing they're easy enough. Maybe Victor too.

What if they used Marvel's Dracula or Morbius? Not Baron Blood.

Like everyone said, Midnight Bliss is way too much work. Also Darkstalkers Resurrection didn't do well enough to really warranting more than just the same waifu bait as last time. There's not enough apparent interest in the franchise to do anything more. It's literally a series with entirely freak characters, minus Demitri and the ones they've already put in. We're just gonna have to put up with it being that way unless they ever decide to try another game. (Which would be competing with 2 other big profitable titles they have right now, so don't hold your breath.)

So, are all female characters in fighting games now dismissed as waifu-bait?

Is that why Skullgirls tanked so hard? (You know, besides Konami's meltdown and the lawsuit)

The producer of 3 said that if they had a few more months they would have added Talbain. Hopefully thats a sign he'll be in.

Skullgirls had problems because of it's small roster size as well, can't fault them too hard for that as the animation that went into making a character for that game was enormius tho

>That said, if any Darksiders other than Morrigan make it into the game, it has to be Lord fuckin' Raptor.

That's a funny way of spelling Jedah.

Jedah is way too bloody, unless they make it an M-rated game.

I still think the sheer amount of blood, gore, and dismemberment in Jedah's moves would prevent us from seeing him in 3d.

If Lord Raptor was in, every character would need a basketball model of them too.

What if it was black blood? Also, I feel the main problem with Jedah is that is moves are just so outrageously awesome, animating them in 3D would be torturous.

>the VS games

are you sure it isn't titties?

Couldn't they just... make an effect spark and swap out one model for another? We don't have to see the transformation itself; unlike MK's animalities, you could make it work pretty easily.

That's not the problem, the models in general are. Also, most people forget that the models also have to be shown having the life sucked out of them, which would be just as hard animating as transforming would be.

>HD Fetus of God
I need this to happen

Magneto is not a maximoff faggot

lazy programmers, I hope they at least include B.B. Hood

Infinite is already looking way cheaper than 3, I have fears if any character that isn't Felicia or Lei-Lei is added.

Making one additional, static model for each character and applying a pulsing/shrinking effect doesn't seem like the kind of effort that would get a character sidelined.

Because Darkstalkers is bottom-barrel monstergirl waifubait and that's all Capcom intends to use it as.

How come they never use Marvel's monster girls?

Darkstalkers isn't popular. I mean, it's more popular than Rival schools or Cyberbots, but only some of the characters ever show up in cross-over games.

What you mean to say is that Morrigan and a lesser amount Felicia are popular.

Fuck Darkstalkers, I want Karin on that game

Your pic reminds me. Please leave Laura out Capcom.

> monstergirl waifubait

Which is why the Vampire series only has a total of 6 playable female characters, right.

Is ingrid coming back to fight? she was teased in SF x Tekken

I think I read she's coming to SFV, at least.

Then there's hope for her being ported into

This.
If you're a lazy programmer, you don't really want to program entirely new models for almost every single character, just for a single move.

Seems to be a natural Dr. Strange enemy.

Who has the best Midnight Bliss form and why is it Jedah? Lord Raptor deserves honorable mention though

Applying a character's textures to spherical model is different than needing to create unique single use female models for an ever expanding cast.

Its more the need to create the one use female models for the cast than the transformation animations.

C' M O N B A B Y

Those are done for """"diversity"""" while MBs are done for fetishism

Felicia for the win

Forgot the image

because Jedah will always be superior

Crossing my fingers for BB or QB.

>tfw no love for my favorite character Huitzil

BB.

The male Darkstalkers cast is infinitely more interesting and awesome than most of the female cast, but most of them aren't sexy enough. Apparently when it comes to Darkstalkers "sexiness > badassery" which is a shame when we have a zombie rock star and werewolf!Bruce Lee getting shafted in favor of generic tiddy monsters.

Lord Raptor or bust

wolf girl Jon is fine too

Just gonna call this now: Blade in MvC Infinite.

>Most of Marvel's characters already have a Midnight bliss form

Not for a new game they don't. The issue isn't design it's production. You'd have to make an entire new model for a roster we have no idea will be how big with likely 3D models. That's time consuming and expensive, you gigantic retard.

>The male Darkstalkers cast is infinitely more interesting and awesome than most of the female cast,

Yeah because literal Sasquatch and Frankenstein's monster is a more interesting concept that twin sisters who fuse or Red Riding Hood packing heat because she's a worse monster than the actual monsters.

Yeah a lot of the dudes are cool but you're a deluded twat if you think they're all better. Why don't you run and cray to /FGG/ about someone posting a karate girl or something. Ass.

None of those hold a candle to a kung fu werewolf.

oh wow ONE character. How impressive. That totally changes how the majority of the male cast are straight horror tropes and totally in line with your state original claim.

>The male cast is infinitely more interesting and awesome than most of the female cast
That applies to literally everything.

>Darkstalkers was never that popular
Al 3 of the Darkstalkers games made the top 5 of their respective years' arcade income charts. It was plenty popular.

Also the game that only had 3 females was actually the most successful one in the series.

Take a chill pill, pal. I'm not going to argue which gender has the more interesting cast, but it's definitely more than one that's just a straight horror cliche.

>MBs are done for fetishism
No, they're done as a gag. Like all the other special damage animations Darkstalkers has. The Wile E. Coyote burn animations, the basketball transformations, the seppuku, the bee stings, the curses, etc. It's just the "fans" (most of which have never even touched a Darkstalkers game) who go all fetishy over it.

Because he's a shotoclone, because no one cares about his series, because he's the blandest guy out of his series, because his animations involve him teleporting, hulking out or splitting in a cloud of bats, because his most iconic attack involves unique transformations for each character, a.k.a. more work.

There could be workarounds for Midnight Bliss, like having the attack trigger animated cutscenes instead of rendering them in-game, or just replacing the move with Midnight Pleasure from the second game. The other problems still remain.

>That's time consuming and expensive, you gigantic retard.
Gee, a game series known for the incredible amount of work put into its visuals has conventions that are time consuming and expensive. Who'da thought!

It's cute you see it as pure humor, but like many things in Darkstalkers, it's still no less than 50% boner bait.

I bet you think a women having tits is boner bait

I just happened to do some translating of Demitri's backstory if anyone's interested.
makaiarchives.tumblr.com/post/158008022865/gamest-short-story-demitris-hundred-year
Turns out Demitri was doping with souls from the portal to the human world the same way Jedah was, but he managed to so in a more controlled manner so he didn't blow himself up. And he almost became a match for Belial, he came very close to defeating him.

because noone knows who he is. People however do know who megaman, dante and ryu are.

You're terribly naive, aren't you?

You think they knew who Amaterasu and Viewtiful Joe were? Or if we go back further, Hayato and Jin?

They are primarily done as humor though. The reasoning here is "vampires suck blood from hot women in pop culture, so Demitri will turn his enemies into hot women before sucking blood out of them".

That's a non-issue. In the shit that was Capcom Fighting Jam, the bloodsucking was replaced by Demitri wrapping the transformee in his cape and the screen fading to black for a splitsecond.

If by some miracle he did make it in, which Chaos Flare would you want?

"Fei Long but a furry"
I mained Talbain back in the day but let's not act like he's some groundbreaking creative character.

I don't remember Fei Long bouncing around the screen like a pinball.

You need to read High Score Girl.

White eyes with red pupils/irises, blank white eyes or blank red eyes?

>Most of the female cast
>most

And for the record, Mei Long is one of those exceptions. I don't think ALL of the male characters are better since Sasquatch and the fish man are literal who's, but Jedah? Demitri? Pyron? Lord Raptor? Jon? All of these guys just exude coolness and badassery that none of the female characters can match, with the exception of B.B Hood and the aforementioned Hsien-ko.

And I'm usually the massive yurifag that usually PREFERS playing as female characters.

Not really. Especially in anime and other weebshit.

Bruce Lee is cool, werewolves are metal as fuck. A fusion of the two is rightfully one of the fuck awesomest characters ever.

Use the first for Chaos Flares, and the second for Chaos Bats.

Unf

Good job, Boco

You can have good production values, limited content, long development periods or insane prices. You push one, then one of the others have to suffer.

1.- Waifus > husbandos
2.- Too much of a shoto playstyle. If they gotta go with a shoto in a vs fighter, they will go with Ryu, if not Akuma.

Talbain would be epic.

bottom for normal ones, top for ES/EX ones.

Marvel lets capcom generally handle their own side themselves, but everyone's said it already: he's a shoto, morrigan FAR outshines him at the moment, and midnight bliss just means more work overall for the inclusion of one character.

I just hope capcom still insists on Shuma Gorath. If he's missing, then the series and capcom will be truly dead.

The whole Midnight Bliss move need not be a deal-breaker. Just use the more brutal Darksalkers/Nightwarriors version: quarter-screen glide/dash into grab, 6 rapid-fire bites, jab, gut punch, low roundhouse, back kick autocombo. Screw a transformation. Y'all act like you only played DS3 or CFJ.

Or svc. Yeah there are options, but it's a very "notable" super move of his. It's made it into the few crossovers he's made it into, so its safe to say they'd probably want to include it if he made MvCI as well.

Plus without it, you'd get spergs screaming about 'muh censorship' like its the only thing he can do, but that's not nearly as important a factor.

Nice. Jedah blowing himself up is definitely a good thing since his Savior design is way more attractive.

Apparently you didn't play him right. He plays nothing like Fei Long.

no you seem to think that would be okay but it was already mentioned by lupinko when mvc3 was being leaked that marvel straight up said they were completely against changing genders and capcom felt it would be to time consuming