Trips decides how big its second weekend drop will be

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-movie-projector-summer-meltdown-20170830-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5sSMRg1X1vg
variety.com/2017/biz/markets-festivals/bad-genius-chinese-audiences-move-away-from-hollywood-films-1202606930/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A lot.

I just saw it. It was great, but not accessible enough for normies.

The best way to describe the movie is a "poor mans Avengers"

63%

Huge, over 60% maybe even 70%.
DC fans probably went to see it as soon as possible, the rest won't give a fuck.
Movie gonna struggle to do 200M domestic and maybe with luck hits 700M worldwide

My simulation using Suicide Squad's (reception seems similar) multipliers puts it at $690M total

post yfw nobody actually gets trips

80%

I saw it yesterday. It was a complete steaming pile.

This is false. It's too accessible for normies to the point where even they are embarrassed by what a clusterfuck it is.

You can tell by how shit this movie was by how unmotivated people are on this board to even shitpost or shill for it. Embarrassing.

75%.

68%

>reception seems similar

Reception is worse. The "good will" the public has towards DC movies has dwindled to almost nothing. People kept getting their hopes up, only to get a steaming pile of shit every time. At some point people just say ENOUGH!

you've got to be shitting me

-58%

WHITE PEOPLE ARE SICK OF THE NON-STOP JEW SJW PROPAGANDA
latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-movie-projector-summer-meltdown-20170830-story.html

muh violent nazi skinhead attacks the poor peaceful muslim immigrants
muh white bank robbers scaring the poor multy culty kids in the bank
muh aqua man/batman global warming is going to kill us all scene
muh gay jew flash is bullied by the big cis wasp white male
muh evil white devil at the multy culty stronk woman lgbtq island with the men are stupid comment
etc.

and that's just like the first 10-15 minutes

(((hollywood))) needs to burn, nothing but propaganda at this point

A negative drop is an increase though.

>weekend drop will be

youtube.com/watch?v=5sSMRg1X1vg

Then make 690M a "optimistic" projection

>irish
>white

This moment brought a 5/10 movie to a solid 9.

>This moment brought a 5/10 movie to a solid 9.

I love this new meme

BUILD

massive
Pixar is dropping a kid friendly movie for Thanksgiving

Its quite the oppossite, there is no shit to talk about the movie, well the "comedy" was shit, but it will bring another war between Marvel and DC if they try to bring the theme.

>People are only going to see movies they think they have to see in theaters, and there aren't that many of them. — Doug Creutz, media analyst at Cowen & Co.

68%

Unironically loved that fucking scene. You can practically hear the NANI??

>disney
You know why it got that score

+100% increase

>not accessible enough for normies
The only positive thing people manage to say about this movie is that it's 'fun.' It has the depth of the British royal family's gene pool.

Cringe

By 2nd weekend it’ll be DOA

Won't people just walk around those?

78%

Just like wonder woman right?

No.

94%

people will start demanding refunds for previous days and it will make -10 million

Wonder Woman did well in its opening weekend

This is already dying

004%

this would have been a great scene with better camerawork
who thought it was a good idea to slowly on Ezra's tardface

This movie is a fucking disaster
>$300 million budget (Biggest budget superhero flick ever I believe)
>It's the JUSTICE LEAGUE and they can't even make $100 million opening weekend
>Movie is underperforming in China and flopping in Europe
If this flick has BvS level drops over time, it's end domestic tally will be $188 million, which is less than Doctor Strange and Thor 2

>Not hitting 100 mil

>300 mil budget
>200 mil advertising

>Minor character opened to 100+
>Last entry opened to 150+
>Spin off opened to 130+
>Comparative competition titled opened to 200+

Holy fuck. This is a complete disaster. What do they even do at this stage?

They are already filming Aquaman. Do they just scrap everything and start again? How does this work?

>Star Wars releasing in 2 weeks
its fucking dead isnt it

>JL flops
>Blade Runner 2049, real kino flops

Is this superhero fatigue?

Are the "I'm such a nerd" normies finally going give back our niche?

002%

Immense.
Just watch Ben Affleck interviews.
He looks embarassed talking about it.

Who releases a blockbuster in November anyway?

>(reception seems similar)

Suicide Squad Opened to 133 million. It had 250 more theaters than Justice League, but that's still a big jump ahead, for unknown characters. This is opening LOWER than Wonder Woman and Batman V Superman. Which indicates audiences have lost interest in these characters.

It does have a B+, same as Suicide Squad, on cinemascore, which isn't good for capeshit.

thor did alright. like 700 mil for the d list.

74%

How did Suicide Squad get a B+? That movie was legitimately fucking awful.

>thor did alright. like 700 mil for the d list.

For fuck's sake Chad, please give back my toys.

I'm going to share something with you, and it's going to blow your mind.

DC movies are shit. Complete shit. Unwatchable, boring shit. Even normies who sit through fucking Captain America movies can't take it, because it's so shit.

There is no grand conspiracy. No Kino Disconnect. It's just a shitty, boring movie, following other shitty boring movies, and no one wants to watch it

>mfw wolf warrior 2 will make more money than the culmination of all DC's movie plans and most expensive cape shit movie ever made

no

I see you're an idiot.

Ragnarok's probably breaking 800M, maybe after avengers 4 and the spider boy sequel.

> Coco drops next week
> Star wars coming soon

Justice League is alrady dead

>china making their own action blockbusters
if i were hollywood i'd be terrified

already *

>DC movies are shit. Complete shit. Unwatchable, boring shit. Even normies who sit through fucking Captain America movies can't take it, because it's so shit.

I know, I don't care, I just want normies to leave my manchild hobbies alone.

>no

But you didn't even like Star Wars in school, you said it was gay.

Just wait until you see Justice League. It's even worse.

Batman V Superman, one of the worst big budget movies I have ever seen in my life, managed to scrape by with a B.

Basically cinemascore goes off surveys of PAYING customers. Not test screenings. People who pay to go and watch these movies are generally inclined to like them or HATE them.

A perosn who paid to go and see a turd like Suicide Squad already kinda wants to see it. So he's inclined to like it even if most other people wouldn't. That's why most capeshit gets A's and A+'s.

When an audience really dislikes a movie, they don't just go "oh, well, it was a C-" they tend to walk about and say "It was an F for FUCK YOU FOR STEALING MY MONEY"

It'll have a 100% drop and WB will go bankrupt.

Both of those are going to underperform

and still completely destroy Justice League

Will it bleed?

>kal lel remumba who u r kal lel

How the fuck can anyone say wonder kike is remotely good or redeeming in this? Jesus christ she cant act, cant speak english and is like a fucking fridge shaped boys body.

This movie will cause Warner Bros. to force a sale of DC Comics to Disney.

>China actively working on their movie industry
Hollywood will be dead before 2050

>variety.com/2017/biz/markets-festivals/bad-genius-chinese-audiences-move-away-from-hollywood-films-1202606930/

>We might get decent DC capeshit
worth it

I was a DC fan until whedon took over. Now, fuck you WB you wont get a dime from me

Next weekend is thanksgiving. People will be stuffed or traveling. And Coco.

70%

Margot Robbie's ass.

What ass?

Music to my ears

China already has a significant footprint in Hollywood, for example pic related.

trips taking its sweet time

>mary sue war
>underperform

lol no

13m

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Snyder's work. The imagery is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of art history most of the visual cues will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Snyder's compassionate outlook, which is deftly woven into his cinematography - Snyder's personal philosophy draws heavily from The Holy Bible and Albrecht Dürer's works, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of Snyder's work, to realize that they're not just beautiful, taking hues and elements from the Lindisfarne Gospels - Snyder's work says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Zach Snyder truly ARE simpletons - of course these are the same people who wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the religious allegories in Snyder's Superman films, which itself are a cryptic reference to the Passion and the Lamentation of Christ, all while deftly interworking the Book of Ruth, the Book of Jeremiah, and Saint Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theologica.
I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated rubes scratching their heads in confusion as Snyder's genius unfolds itself on the silver-screen. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I have seen Suckerpunch and have a poster in my room. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only, and even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Still think there's a disney conspiracy snyderfag?

I have never seen a Star Wars product with less hype and enthusiasm than this. Even the Porg Push is only good for ridicule.

I mean, underperform is still a billion dollars worldwide. So it's not like Mouse House is losing sleep over it.

> I hear from credible financial sources who have sharp knowledge of Justice League‘s budget that if the film clears $700M-$750M global, after ancillaries, it will turn a profit, but not much

From Deadline

$34M

not true

lol it's not even going to turn a profit. What a fucking disaster.

Word. That's how I felt about The Defenders. I skipped over to Sup Forums to join in on what I was sure would be at least a couple big lively threads shitting all over it - but no one even seemed to care enough.

68%

$22 million weekend

It'll make as much if not more than they project, Star Wars prints money and there is no notable competition in their category in December or January

Nah.

>the depth of the British royal family's gene pool

Yarp

100%

ehhhh I saw it and they have a long way to go.

>he still thinks it's all a big conspiracy

movies get the ratings they deserve. Good Dinosaur and Brave etc were shit so they were treated as such. same goes for your snyder flicks.

It will double in profit next Friday alone